collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorites- Then vs Now  (Read 1561 times)

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
Favorites- Then vs Now
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:38:54 PM »
This just popped into my mind, so sorry if this is a dumb topic  :blush:
I've noticed my favorite ponies, both in g1, and g4 are different from when I first found out about both gens.
Fluttershy was my favorite g4 pony for a couple months before I even saw the show, and she was my first FIM toy. But after getting to know all of the characters, and getting used to them, I settled on :muffin: Pony, I love her color scheme, playful personality, and story. Now, before I even was into FIM, I used to play with my sister's g1 ponies, and Parasol was for some reason the pony that stuck with me a while. I've gotten really interested in g1 ponies the last couple of months now, and I now want to collect them, thanks to the arena  ;) After getting on the arena, I finally decided like a month ago that my favorite g1 is Sugarberry. I love everything about her design.
My question is, what pony was your favorite when you first got into MLP, and what pony do you like the best now? Is it the same, even?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Favorites- Then vs Now
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
Good question!

When I first started collecting my favourite was Cotton Candy - she was the only pony I was going to purchase way back when :P She had childhood memories and was the pony I remembered clearest.

However, shortly after starting collecting, it became Baby Fifi as her symbol, her colours, her name all mean something special to me...so Baby Fifi it remains and always will be!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »
For G4, I had this huge thing for Rarity! She was so pretty. I hadn't even seen the show or anything. I still love Rarity but Sunny Rays and Honeybuzz are my two favorites right now. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
Minty.  Minty, Minty, Minty! :newpony:

I got into collecting MLPs after I went to a friend's house, played with her Butterscotch, and saw the cutest little green-and-white pony on her backcard.  Green was my favourite colour then (joined now by blue and purple :lol:), and the idea of a green pony just made me smile.  She's always been my favourite, even though I'd lost her for a while (dang move), and she's now once again the pride of my collection (a bajillion thanks to Hathorcat wouldn't be enough thanks :hug:).

Of the newer gens, I'm liking Dream Drifter for G3s, and Fluttershy for G4s.  But I'm seriously considering learning how to customize so I can make cross-generational customs of G1 Minty. :whistle:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
My favourite has always been G1 Surprise.

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
Dainty Dove for the longest time . . . until I got Twilight a couple months ago! Actually, Twilight was my fave since I saw her, but of the ponies I owned it was Dainty Dove, Sunny Daze, or Applejack(G4).

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
I think that question for me is G4 flitterheart or feathermay. Though if I choose a pony from my childhood I guess it would be G1 Surprise. I loved her in the cartoon. I still love her now. :heart: :whoa:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
G4 favorite is Fluttershy , she is my first pony ever:),pinkie pie is  my favorite now something about their pink hair ,rarity is up there too on the  G3's   Star Catcher is my favorite ,followed by Minty  which is on her way home ,got me one on an auction today and 7 more g3s :) !!!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
My favorite was SS Windwhistler and still is.  She's a replacement for a special childhood pony and I love her color scheme.  :lovey:

After that, my newer faves are: Nightglider, Tux - and I've developed a recent love for Posey.  She's just so pretty and cheerful.  :)

G3 favorite is Wonderment, whom became my favorite as soon as I got her.  G4 favorites, ATM, are Honeybuzz and Lyra.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
When I first started watching FiM my favorite character was Applejack, but it's changed to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy :) Though since unicorns are my favorite I tend to buy Rarity and Twilight merchandise XD

My favorite G1s have differed through the years :) For a long time it was Glory, but right now I've settled on Mimic and Fizzy :lovey:
My Wish List

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »
when I started officially collecting I really liked G3 Kimono and I still like her but I like G2 Ivy more

I really like G2s now that I know more about them

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
My childhood favorite was Sparkler but lately I am loving my Daisy Sweet Perfume puff more.

Pinkie Pie was my favorite until recently but I've found that Fluttershy is trying to creep up to the top. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »
It's still Gingerbread, she was also my favourite childhood pony and I still love her! Although others have come into top three: my NSS Cupcake and baby Applejack which I didn't have before!
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:34 AM »
Wait, the story of :muffin: Pony? Isn't that mostly fanfiction?
I don't think i got any spectacular stories. Rarity was my favorite main character before i watched FIM and watching FIM i started to just like her more. The opposite happened to Twilight and Dash though. I loved their design but their show personality got kinda annoying after a while.
The other gens have so many ponies that it is hard to pick a favorite. If i had to pick a favorite in every gen i would say G3 Star Catcher, G2 Silver Swirl and G1 baby Glory. But that's partly because of nostalgia.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »
G1- baby Glory! :yippee:
G3- Minty! :yippee:
G4- ..... well i really like the white ponies, and the blue ones(fav color :nod:) but i have found myself most fond of my Yellow ponies (i dont like yellow so this is weird :shrug:) Fluttershy and Sunny rays are my favs right now. :dizzy: (maybe build a sunny rays army...?....hehehe :dribble:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal