collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seriously?? G3 hair breaking?? and other issues  (Read 1290 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously?? G3 hair breaking?? and other issues
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
Several of the G3s had the rotting hair - my Princess Peppermint was unbrushable right out of the box.

The Avon ponies in particular had really TERRIBLE rotting hair, too.  So I imagine that's what happened with Jazz Matazz.  :( 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
 :shocked:
I don't have that many g3s, just a few, the ones I liked the best, but Jazzmatazz and baby Tea Lily are among them. Now I'm afraid to get them out of storage and check on them :huh:

edit - ok I found my Jazzmatazz and she is A ok, she is mint and I tugged on her pink hair, nothing happened. Haven't found the babies yet though.

Is this just about *that* particular shade of pink, or is it happening to other colors as well?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:52:30 AM by tootie_tails »
-

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
I've gone through all of my G3s now and on mine it's just that color and just on Tea Lily and Jazz Matazz. They have this dark reddish pink color. Here are pics of my 2 (before their hair broke off obviously).

Jazz Matazz
http://ponydex.com/ponies/kaoskat5187av.jpg

Tea Lily
http://ponydex.com/ponies/kaoskat5190av.jpg

I'd get better pics but well....The hair is kinda not there anymore. :silly:
I still have the hair. Maybe I should pile it up and get a pic to show the color.....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
Eeeep!  Mine are mostly MIB, so I haven't noticed too many issues.  I do have one sparkle G3 in my bait box that's sticky.  I thought she was just dirty, but I guess it is plasticiser.  I only have the first year G3s loose, but they are in storage.  It's very disappointing, though.  They really aren't THAT old.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
I would expect to see the G4's start deteriorating even faster, given they have far lower quality controls than G3 did.  Very sad.  :(
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
I had a G3 this happened with--she was the dollar store one with the apple symbol--Green Apple or something like that?  I agree with what others have said--some of the promotional ponies were probably just made with a batch of cheaper hair.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
Ok, last night I was pulling some of my G3s down to pack them up. I found 4 that were all tacky and gross that I can only imagine is leaking plasticizer. Several had yellowing spots. I'm so not thrilled about any of those things but I was already aware that there are G3s getting these issues early. The worst thing had to be my Jazz Matazz though. I picked her up and when I touched her pink hair it all broke off at the base! Just the pink and (so far) just her. I don't know what the heck is going on, but it's really upset me. She was one who was rather special to me and now she's wrecked. Has anyone else had this issue with her or other ponies? Has it happened with any other hair colors?

I had the exact same thing happen just recently to my Jazz Matazz and the other baby pony from Avon with the same pink hair.  It was especially upsetting because Jazz Matazz was  mint in bag.  I had just decided to open her to discover her already going bald.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
I will keep an eye on mine I have not had any issues with being sticky  or breaking hair yet.

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Aw cripes. I get that nothing can last forever and there can be unforeseen problems but this is RIDICULOUS! :/

I haven't had that happen to me with a pony yet, but it did happen to a Bandai Strawberry Shortcake doll of my daughter's from 2003. I picked up one day (it was just stored in a toy box with other toys)  and I touched the hair and it all started falling out, the more I touched, the more broke off! It was so weird, but it didn't happen to Angel Cake or Apple Dumplin. I can't explain it.
I got one like that from a thrift store. I assumed that she had just been styled to the point that the hair was fried but maybe not...

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
My Green Apple's hair did this.  Heartbreaking!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »
Sorry Kat :( I was aware this happened with G3s and had heard some stories of it in the past - unfortunately while it does seem to be most common with the pink, I am sure I have heard of other colours having issues as well I just cant recall my notes on which ones they were.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »
Will the after market hair stay nice that is in pink color?

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »
So Green Apple is now on the official list? :huh:

We should have the g3 people on here all check their collections and report if there are others. I think most people have the main part of their g3 collections in storage currently as the market is low and g4 is what has been getting all the attention lately.

We should keep this in mind when customising g3s too, a common as dirt pony could quickly become hard to find in good condition if it turns out most of them are balding.. :lookround:

I'm pretty sure I bought an extra Jazzmatazz at some point, to use for customising, I remember buying extras in the poses I like the best. I stopped customising a couple of years ago though and most of my g3 baits are still lying around. If I find my extra and she is ok I will make sure to keep her intact instead.
-

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
I went through my ponies today and my JazzMatazz is ok but my Green Apple has brittle hair that breaks. I decided to attach her hair to her legs with clear elastics so I won't have to brush it anymore so maybe it will be ok for a while. I wonder if I coated it with modpodge and let it dry in the position I wanted she could just be a hard-haired pony and it wouldn't break off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal