collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93571 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2022, 05:23:56 PM »
I try not to be "that guy" and whine about these kids and their new-fangled modern slang but my god, if I have to see one more person say "fit" instead of "outfit"...!

I take this as a sign I'm definitely now old.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2022, 09:32:09 PM »
When did fit stop applying to physical health & beauty???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2022, 01:14:51 PM »
I try not to be "that guy" and whine about these kids and their new-fangled modern slang but my god, if I have to see one more person say "fit" instead of "outfit"...!

I take this as a sign I'm definitely now old.

That was my reaction too :lmao: Most new slang I'm like, alright, I don't 'get' it but whatever, but that one is just... what?!  :P

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2022, 06:39:48 PM »
the business slang/jargon is worse to me. maybe it's because it's what i have to hear the most. "circle back", "talk offline", ugh. what's worse is i find myself saying these things.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2022, 07:09:15 AM »
I hate when I take the time to make something look nice and a certain co-worker destroys it in less than 30 seconds.  The excuse when I complain: "[They're] doing their best."  Yeah.  They're doing their best to waste my time and effort.  There's a major project coming up in that same area, which is why I was trying to get it to look nice so that we could see what we were working with so when it comes time to do it, there will be a discussion about how I'm not going to do the project if this person isn't babysat and trained properly.  And since I'm the head of this project I can be difficult about it.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2022, 08:19:48 AM »
the business slang/jargon is worse to me. maybe it's because it's what i have to hear the most. "circle back", "talk offline", ugh. what's worse is i find myself saying these things.

My work is FULL of shorthands, and some of the shorthands sound like other shorthands when used NOT in the office. I'm not even sure I can give an example, but one is that a common occurance with customers is ALSO the name of a contract type for workers, so I got incredibly confused when I got emails about my contract and I'm like ??? I'm not a customer??? Or I see a shorthand referring to a customer status and it unfortunatly also stands for a certain medical procedure ...

Even worse when two shorthands can mean two different things -_-

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2022, 10:12:37 AM »
A book I was really looking forward to getting isn't in stock anywhere. I don't know if there was some kind of delay in publishing or if some stores just haven't received their shipment yet, but no one has it in.  One website indicated that they might have some in a few weeks.  I could order the ebook, but I really want a physical copy.

I picked up a work assignment yesterday and ten minutes later got a notice that the assignment was cancelled.  Today, it looks like the same assignment I was notified was cancelled was open.  Why tell someone that the assignment isn't available and yet it's on the list as being open?  It's rare that I get assignments cancelled from that site so maybe someone put it in wrong, but it gives me bad vibes.

I also just got a voice mail that "someone is using my cell phone number to scam people" and I should call the phone company right away.  No, I'm not responding to a random call on my phone that sounds like a spam call.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2022, 10:22:54 AM »

The one that always gets me is when people put "/POS" for a tone indicator or w/e they're called. I get that it means "positive", but my brain always goes to.. umm... something I can't say on the Arena.  :blush:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2022, 03:09:34 PM »
I saw someone post on Facebook today "Rocking the new Halloween fit."  Why not just say outfit?

I watered the plants today and an hour later it poured rain.  I wouldn't have watered them if I knew the rain was coming so soon.  At least I won't need to water them tomorrow.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2022, 04:11:18 PM »
Sometimes I realize my workplace language sounds a lot like an intelligence agency, like James Bond.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2022, 06:48:30 PM »

The one that always gets me is when people put "/POS" for a tone indicator or w/e they're called. I get that it means "positive", but my brain always goes to.. umm... something I can't say on the Arena.  :blush:

lol yes. the one that got me recently was AI. they meant "action item" but i thought maybe artificial intelligence? why can't we have full words? one company i worked at actually had a wiki with a lot of the shorthand and the meaning. there's an assumption that people know the terms but i think most people just nod and smile.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2022, 01:04:53 AM »
THis just made me regress back to the 90s with a memory of Gus in the satirical comedy Drop the Dead Donkey, who often spoke in jargon and annoyed everyone in his office. I tried YTing it but only found a clip of him trying to rewrite the past, which is topical for the times but not really for this moment :)

Someone's dog is barking like crazy outside. There was a media report in one of the papers today about the rise in dangerous dog attacks in the UK. It might be aggravated by people taking on dogs during the pandemic and not knowing how to manage them, but frankly, the core of it is that so many dog owners don't really train their animals, or don't do the research necessary ahead of time. The paper is calling for stricter laws on dangerous dogs, but I feel like stricter laws on owners who don't train their animals and manage them properly should be priority.

I hate dogs, and they're getting more intrusive into daily life, with more and more stores allowing them inside. That's a disaster waiting to happen, since it relies on the owner deciding if the dog is well behaved enough to be there. I'd like to see all dogs on leads outside of designated dog parks, and no dogs in stores or on public transport except service dogs. But that's not going to solve the issues inside people's homes, which is where a lot of these attacks are taking place. And that's an issue with training and education vis a vis type of dog for that particular family, which can't be handled retrospectively by dealing with a dangerous dog situation more harshly. It can only be handled ahead of time by making sure the family who adopts a dog can a: train and manage it and b: the dog can handle being in that environment.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2022, 06:23:43 AM »
I’m so sad without a kitty :(

I messaged the shelter to see if they are doing adoptions but their system is down so no adoptions at this time.

As soon as they are back up and running I’m going to get a cat. It’s so quiet and lonely.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2022, 05:25:02 PM »
Dear Crunchyroll.

It's really pointless telling me what time some anime series is going to air in the PDT timezone.

I'm a UK member. You know that. You bill me in £sterling. You give me UK licenced content.

At least tell me the timezone in GMT/BST.

Surely not too much to ask.

Love, Taffeta.

P.S Please sort out your buffering issues on firestick for any show not currently streaming. It's annoying.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2022, 07:19:35 PM »
@BC i hope you find a kitty who needs a good home. i imagine the shelters will have lots of cats in need of a good home after the storm.

no complaints really. it was a tiring day. strange issues that need fixing at work. nothing too bad just strange and annoying. i wish assistive technology for browsing the web were better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal