collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you play with your toys?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: Do you play with your toys?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 04:12:23 PM »
A little bit! I definitely like arranging and posing them, giving them hats or accessories, and thinking about simple scenarios and interactions between them, though I don't act out big stories like I used to.

With toys like dinosaurs or other animals with open mouths, I like making them eat small foods/other toys :P Especially fun with this spinosaurus I have, which has a button on its throat that opens its jaws. Nom nom nom.

I also often get an urge to just hold a certain toy and turn it over in my hands and maybe carry it somewhere, if this counts! Sometimes I also enjoy stacking/making piles. Simply cuddling or petting a plushie is nice too.

Probably the most playing I do is when I have a friend around, I might hold a plushie or other toy and make it interact with them. Apparently I'm quite good at 'puppeting' stuffed animals and making them seem expressive and lifelike, which makes me happy! :biggrin:

Sometimes if I'm trying to get the attention of someone else living in the house, rather than walk into the room and address them, I'll open the door a crack and stick a pony's head round and hold it there until they notice the tiny levitating horse glaring at them in the doorway. That always gets a chuckle. :P
Oh, and I also do this!  :lol:

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 08:00:03 PM »
Nope, I just display them on the dresser. 

mylittleponysparkle

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »
I love to collect but don't play with them just love collecting :)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 11:30:50 AM »
I dont actually play with my toys (mostly ponies, very few other plushies and a handful of other stuff...) but I love to style them, use pony-wear, set up new scenes with the playsets but compared to how I played as a child I cant say I still do. Sometimes I stand there thinking of what I could do with them... I look at them and in my mind they start moving, running around, playing and so on and I enjoy it a lot. But when I want to actually do it, I just cant... I dont know why.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
I don't play with my ponies in the traditional sense, although I do occasionally mess about with them. Sometimes if I'm trying to get the attention of someone else living in the house, rather than walk into the room and address them, I'll open the door a crack and stick a pony's head round and hold it there until they notice the tiny levitating horse glaring at them in the doorway. That always gets a chuckle. :P

:snicker:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 07:37:11 PM »
I don't exactly play with them.  But on occasion I will pose them for pictures. 

Back when I was in grade school and I had the whole Lion King figure set and many of the DIsney Gargoyle toys, I'd make my own playsets.  With old boxes, scraps of paper and huge chart paper pads.  I wish I had taken pics of that stuff, I got pretty creative.  I think that's what spawned my love of working in the background for movies and haunts.  Yes I have worked on a movie and several Halloween haunts.  It's REALLY fun.
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »
I like to think about the interactions between my various ponies and make up stories for them. Eventually I hope to do some stories with them and accompany those with photos. I like brushing and styling their hair. I'm planning to pick a representative from my herd to travel in my purse so I can do a "ponies on the go" feature for my blog. I may even switch up who comes so various ponies can explore the world a little.

But when I really stopped and thought about it, it was shocking to realize that I don't actually know how to play or what play actually 'means' necessarily. I know I spent a lot of time as a kid putting together outfits for my barbies or using the Barbie Western Fun motor home... But what I did outside of that is kind of a blank. How strange!

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal