collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!  (Read 20384 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny: Beware of this seller
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2014, 10:11:21 AM »
So, I was doing some googling... and I found her email address that she gave to me for her paypal linked to a Youtube video and there is a guy talking about a carboot sale so he is def not from florida but she is...And, the video was uploaded 2 months ago... I don't know if that sounds fishy. Also, there is a facebook page that has the end that says lifeofahellokittynerd. Lots of Instagram, tumblr and other things.

Also, read on her instagram with the glitters that she found 3 which were applejack, big mac, and trixie in her small town and she tagged crazyponylady... So, I believe the pictures were hers but of her own collection that she found.

The reason that video pulled up is that she commented on the video-  she wasn't the author.

For some reason I couldn't find her facebook page-  I don't know how to look up people by email address I think  :blush:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2014, 10:18:20 AM »
go to the top of  facebook  where it has hte search  bar and pasteher email address. it  pops it up.   also if you go to google   you cna type her emaill adress in  and it pops everyhting up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »
Gotcha I missed that ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:19:05 PM by snwbear24 »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2014, 10:24:40 AM »
Oh wow, that is definitely her since she goes by "sunny" on her facebook page too.

So yeah, she is using her actual email address to commit fraud.  What an idiot.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
i blocked her on     facebook. but maybe we should compare that pic to the one that snwbear found  if it IS the   same perosn we have an addresss.

and galaticia..   criminals  arent exactly known for being  brillant.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
Thanks -

I am currently filling out a criminal complaint for an internet crime, I would encourage you all to do the same. https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx?

I don't think it is overly harsh at all.  At the very least, she needs to learn that she really can't steal from people and get away with it.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
I think perhaps we should leave it up to the police. Report her in her hometown, and they'll deal with the rest. If you post on her Facebook or wherehaveyou, that can be used against YOU as well. I'm waiting a bit to call the cops, personally. I need more information, and not enough time has gone by for me to definatively say that the goods have not been shipped or will never be shipped. I don't have a case yet in the eyes of the law.

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »
I think perhaps we should leave it up to the police. Report her in her hometown, and they'll deal with the rest. If you post on her Facebook or wherehaveyou, that can be used against YOU as well. I'm waiting a bit to call the cops, personally. I need more information, and not enough time has gone by for me to definatively say that the goods have not been shipped or will never be shipped. I don't have a case yet in the eyes of the law.

I completely agree with this...
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »

I completely agree with this...

i'm just  sayign that if we get proof.  then   yes we should   get  the cops involved. becuae this is theft.  we just need alittle more time.     and  hoenstly how much  proof do you need?     this girl    obviously  has no intention to     send these ponys IF she even has them. it is possible to pretend to be soemone else  but  we just dotn have anyhting conclusive yet..  oteh rhten an emaill adress tha points to this girl.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
seriously. they has got be better ways to make money.
makes me double think the times i send as a gift.
i often will if i talk to the person alot or if i've done mulitple trades, maybe i can't do that anymore.

It's called getting a job, but there are so many people who want to cheat the system, it's ridiculous.  Make a fast buck off people who are trusting, then flounce off.  Then those trusting people aren't so trusting anymore.  It makes it harder for actual honest newbies to get anywhere.  I remember how hard it was just getting a few first sales here and that was over a year ago.  I had really good stuff, but it seemed 'too good to be true,' even if it was true that I had really only bought for several years on ebay, and didn't want to sell on ebay despite having a powerseller account.  :/ 

I hope everyone gets their money back, and yes, do file with the police.  If she least gets a slap to the wrists( and with our system, you know that's all she'll get ), it may least make her think twice next time.  If she gets away with it, she'll only do it again and again.  :/

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »
Thanks -

I am currently filling out a criminal complaint for an internet crime, I would encourage you all to do the same. https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx?

I don't think it is overly harsh at all.  At the very least, she needs to learn that she really can't steal from people and get away with it.

i  do agree with this. she    does need to know   that sh cnat get away with it.

most  people  online  dont  think that  other people online are acutal people. they   just..   dont think that   they are people until they  acutly  meet the perosnt hent hat perosn    beciaes "real' if you  know what i'm saying.  and she proably though t "oh  well" if i scam    people    then    there cards and paypal will just refund them and i can  make  quick money.

reguardless of this..   this  oculd be  id  theft it could be a scammer.

seriously. they has got be better ways to make money.
makes me double think the times i send as a gift.
i often will if i talk to the person alot or if i've done mulitple trades, maybe i can't do that anymore.

It's called getting a job, but there are so many people who want to cheat the system, it's ridiculous.  Make a fast buck off people who are trusting, then flounce off.  Then those trusting people aren't so trusting anymore.  It makes it harder for actual honest newbies to get anywhere.  I remember how hard it was just getting a few first sales here and that was over a year ago.  I had really good stuff, but it seemed 'too good to be true,' even if it was true that I had really only bought for several years on ebay, and didn't want to sell on ebay despite having a powerseller account.  :/ 

I hope everyone gets their money back, and yes, do file with the police.  If she least gets a slap to the wrists( and with our system, you know that's all she'll get ), it may least make her think twice next time.  If she gets away with it, she'll only do it again and again.  :/

this is right true.  the trusting people in this community is how   we  survive and thrive as a communty we trust that when we send out   a   trade pony or money that    were going to get     what     we wer epromised in return.

but it is harder and harder for new people to    sell get feedback due to this.  when i   was  new here. i rememeber     buying my first  item and when i was selling my first item i had to send it off  then    the prson paid me.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2014, 11:01:37 AM »
Okay- so the police report is asking for names, addresses, phone numbers email addresses of additional victims so that they can confirm that fraud occurred.

Could any of you who are willing to help shut this lady down, please PM me with that information so I can include it in the report?  I am allowed to make three updates to the report with additional information.

If that feels uncomfortable to you- no worries-  but I would encourage you to please report the crime here: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Post Merge: August 07, 2014, 11:38:18 AM

And really people, I know that lots of people feel uncomfortable talking to officials, but this is not a big deal, the worst that could happen to YOU if you file a report, is that a detective MIGHT decide to look into this case, and MIGHT give you a call to confirm what you know.  IF a prosecutor decides to file charges, and wins, the worst that will happen to her is that she will be ordered to pay some amount for restitution.  Meaning the money that she stole.

It is important to report crimes because at least in this case, it might make her (or others) think twice about trying to defraud people again.

Here is a summary of the facts i reported:

On July 21, 2014, Jennifer, using the handle "lifeofahellokittynerd" made a post on MLPArena.com offering variou items for sale:(http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,357901.msg1227443.html#msg1227443)

I contacted her agreeing to buy all of the glitter funkos ponies for sale, and asked for photos and shipping cost. She sent the photos the next day and confirmed shipping for $5 and her email/paypal address: *edit*.
[/b]
The name on the paypal account (unverified) is [b]*edit*.
[/b]
I paid $80 via paypal. I didn't hear back from her right away, but when I asked her for shipping tracking, she responded on the 28th, promising that she'd ship that day or the 29th and would provide tracking. On the 29th she said she had shipped and would provide tracking soon. I did not hear back from her after that. I then saw a complaint by another MLPArena member here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358624.0.html regarding similar issues.

Once a post was made about problems with this user, multiple people came forward confirming she had sold the same items multiple times, after advising that she had no duplicates. Discussion here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358624.0.html

We learned that she had also defrauded pony collectors on another website, where she has now been banned for fraud. On that site, she defrauded members using the same scam, using the handles/user names Brony1979 and mlpsunny. See http://www.mlptp.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105502

Her email address is linked to the following Facebook account, where her name is listed as [b]*edit*], and she claims to also go by SUNNY. https://www.facebook.com/Onedayyouwillbeloved/about?section=bio 

Her facebook name is similar to her alleged paypal name, *edit* and her facebook nickname "SUNNY" to her MLPTP handle, "MLPSUNNY"

She did complete a legitimate transaction with one MLPArena member before defrauding everyone else, and her package was from *edit*.  This is the same city and state listed on her facebook page.  This is the same person.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:47:05 PM by ponylady »

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
I actually SOLD to this person via my Facebook sale page and she tried to open up an "Unauthorized Payment" case via Paypal today for $47.50 of toys she bought from me last month. The dispute was shut down immediately by Paypal and no funds were taken or held from my account but if you have SOLD to her you may want to check your Paypal as well 'cause she's trying it all to get money!
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2014, 12:16:17 PM »
Great- so she is trying fraud both ways.

Welp. For those of you who were defrauded- this woman's contact info, which you will need for any police report or for the online fraud report I've linked above, is:

*edit*

But this address appears to belong to *edit* as well, so I am guessing she lists her parent's address when filling things out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:48:39 PM by ponylady »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
Great- so she is trying fraud both ways.

Welp. For those of you who were defrauded- this woman's contact info, which you will need for any police report or for the online fraud report I've linked above, is:

*edit*

so now we have the name address  and  info we need. great.

and i'm not surprused shes trying fraud both ways.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:48:59 PM by ponylady »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal