collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: She'd be perfect if I changed just ONE thing...  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: She'd be perfect if I changed just ONE thing...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 08:06:26 AM »
Midnight Dream if she was a color other than pink....She would be a grail if it wasn't for that pink!
Her pinks remind me of Jem for some reason.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 05:12:27 PM »
This is more nitpicky than some of the others, but the fact that the Silver Glow pose is obviously based on Twinkle Twirl's but can't rear in any circumstances is so annoying. The hair lays funny, and I couldn't get my Twilight Pink's hair to do anything but stick out straight for the longest time. Even now, if she could rear, her hair would sit so much more nicely... I occasionally stand her up on her other back foot just to get a glimpse of her rearing. I've considered making a stand, but I can't think of a way to make it invisible!

From one group of G3 pegasi to another, we have StarSong and her many releases. I like G3 StarSong on her own, but the fact that she's the only pegasus not like the others is irksome. I like the ridiculously tiny wings and find them cute, but there's not a "normal" StarSong. I know why they made her wings that way (if you don't, it's for the plastic clothing). But McD's StarSong has normal wings and itty bitty Dolly Mix StarSong's wings are almost the same size as the standard size pony's! It doesn't help that her artwork is constantly tauning me with giant, elegant wings (which I like just as much as tiny ones- it's the extremes that get me)! If I were to nitpick her even further, I'd make her hair a bit warmer and her eyes a bit greener, but she's lovely as-is and one of my favorites, if you couldn't tell. I guess I just have high standards for those I love!

"Diamond Dust" and "Blazing Star," the names I've given to the storybook exclusive characters from Wishes Do Come True, would be perfect if they were real! They share a lot of Star Catcher's features since she was the only official pegasus character when the book was made and exist solely to show that more pegasi live on Butterfly Island, but I want them so bad!

I've thought of making custom G3.5s that represent the artwork a bit more faithfully, with full heads of hair and better eyes, but I've only barely acted on that. They had more accurate eyes at one point, but those had thin outlines and pointed in opposite directions and looked just all-around creepy... but okayish from the side!

I wish G4 Breezies had brushable hair. At their size, it'd be way to big for them to have hair, but have you seen them in the show? Their hair is already too big for them! It'd be perfect!

I wish that Flurry Heart would make up her mind about what size figure she's supposed to be compatible with... Blind Bags are too small for her, but brushables are too big! Her pose specifically (so that includes My Baby Mane 6 Twilight as well) has balance issues since the tail sticks out lower than her butt. They also appear to have something against getting her eye color right. But the mold is really cute!

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'll take a break for now!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2021, 06:12:21 PM »
I would love to see a G3.5 that looks like the art!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 03:06:58 AM »
I already answered, but Barnacle.  It's just such an unfortunate name. I think I'll call him Treasure chest or something. Anyone got name suggestions?
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 02:30:57 PM »
I wish the G1 birthday pony was another pose! The gingerbread pose is just so.... thick :/

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 02:59:13 PM »
I already answered, but Barnacle.  It's just such an unfortunate name. I think I'll call him Treasure chest or something. Anyone got name suggestions?

I'd change his hair also because it's prone to disintegration. I'd re-hair him and call him something else too, but I guess that's tw things and off-topic! So I'd just change his hair. I think his name comes from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnacle_Bill_(song) or possibly the Ealing Studios film.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »

Captain?
Buccaneer?
Dubloon?
Coffer?
Hornswaggle?
Privateer?
Scallywag?
Seadog?

There are lots of fun pirate terms that would make for fun names.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2021, 05:05:33 PM »

Captain?
Buccaneer?
Dubloon?
Coffer?
Hornswaggle?
Privateer?
Scallywag?
Seadog?

There are lots of fun pirate terms that would make for fun names.

I vote Buccaneer.

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2021, 07:13:00 PM »
Speaking of names--poor Gypsy! D: I've taken to calling her Tambourine; it might not be original, but at least it's not terrible. And someone should have told the naming team at Hasbro that Pillow Talk is a bad name for a pony...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2021, 11:56:37 PM »
G***** and :muffin: are both Extremely Unfortunate

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:59 AM »
Speaking of names--poor Gypsy! D: I've taken to calling her Tambourine; it might not be original, but at least it's not terrible. And someone should have told the naming team at Hasbro that Pillow Talk is a bad name for a pony...

I don't think kids would necessarily think those names mean anything bad or inappropriate but Floater maybe...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2021, 05:34:28 AM »

I don't think kids would necessarily think those names mean anything bad or inappropriate but Floater maybe...

Pillow talk they probably wouldn't understand, and it's not really a "bad word" or anything.  But isn't the other considered a racial slur?  Sure kids might not understand that but it doesn't make it okay to continue using it.  She was named in a different era of course... like how "the n word" used to be considered acceptable but now it's isn't!  I think we're maybe still in a transition period where the word is still in the process of being phased out of acceptable usage. 

Tambourine is probably what I would have called her as a kid, or bangles or something...I just named my ponies after my own interpretation of their symbols anyway.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2021, 05:59:05 AM »

I didn't think anything was inappropriate about Pillow Talk as a kid, but I did think it was a stupid name. I remember a vague conversation with my mom about it, with her explaining something to the effect of it meaning when friends talk after lights out at a slumber party. Considering she comes as part of a slumber party set, this was a believable enough explanation to me, but as an adult looking back, I find it amusing that she felt the need to explain it to me out of the blue.

As for Gypsy, well, we didn't have her here in the states, but as a kid I only had positive associations with the word Gypsy; I loved the Fleetwood Mac song 'Gypsy' as a kid and to me the word brought up images of a beautiful dancing woman with long hair, beads, flowing clothes and a tambourine; colorful travelling wagons that were portrayed on TV. I suppose here in the states, only the glamorous parts of the culture are what translated over, at least to me. I can't speak for all American children of course, but the name would have seemed innocent enough. I'm not even sure when the cultural shift happened to where it became an unacceptable word; I know as recently as a decade ago my stepdaughter dressed as a gypsy for Halloween with social impunity, and my stepson has a friend who is actually named Gypsy...she is only 18 or 19...I imagine things might be rough going for her in the future.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2021, 08:12:05 AM »
Y'all can give me all of your Tootsie pose ponies. That pose is one of my favorites. I remember being shocked when I found out people didn't like it. I'm STILL a little shocked.
:lol:

Okay, here's my list so far:

Powder: I love her but I've always hated her red stripe. I wish it was silver. If not that, maybe a deep purple or blue or something. Just anything but that red.

Floater, Whizzer, Sticky, Sniffles etc: New names, I beg you.

Glittery Sweetheart Sister ponies: Beautiful ponies but I can't stand the mismatched names.

G4 Twinkleshine: I don't like how they made her pink on pink. I wish her body was off-white like it is in the show. I think we're good on pink-on-pink. =_=

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2021, 12:46:07 PM »

Gypsy isn't anything bad. Its meant to invoke the image of a free spirited being. Its also a popular horse name.

Pillow Talk is awkward to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 12:47:39 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal