collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Retro pony Funkos?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Retro pony Funkos?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 10:48:59 PM »
-slams fists- I. Don’t. Have. Money!!!

Yeah- parroting others here. But I’m a little disappointed that they aren’t the full sized vinyl figures like the past g4 ponies came in. Not really a fan of Pops, though admittedly I do have some Care bear Pops and MLP pocket pops. I would just much rather have a more realistic vinyl figure of the ponies
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 07:34:32 AM »
That said... they could have at least included Butterscotch. :lookround: She's the only one I really care about in this set. Maybe Snuzzle.

They DID include Butterscotch, it's Blue Belle that's missing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 08:19:31 AM »
Meh, I don't like pops and I don't like how the fim pops looked so I'm sure these will basically look the same. However I will get a minty.

The year 1 ponies get put on everything (it's not that Firefly twilight and Applejack get absolute zero it's that they get much less compared to the first year set) They are not my favorites by a long shot so I'd love to see some other well known ponies get used as often

but I want to give some of my money to it so Hasbro will continue licensing out G1 ponies for more merch. This has come up in other threads how fans of other franchises will support releases so they can get more whereas we G1 collectors often turn away if it's not something that suits our taste

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline fuzzysherbet

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 08:57:23 AM »
considering i have exactly one funko pop from years ago, and am not a fan of them now, i'll definitely be passing on these. just not a huge fan of the style, and i'd rather use my display space for things i am not 'meh' about.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »
Typical Funko and their incomplete sets. But nice to see the retro ponies are still getting milked. Looks like Hasbro treats them a bit like the Mane Six now. I still think Gusty, Fizzy, Firefly and friends would be better but I am not gonna poo-poo anything G1 related :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »
Typical Funko and their incomplete sets. But nice to see the retro ponies are still getting milked. Looks like Hasbro treats them a bit like the Mane Six now. I still think Gusty, Fizzy, Firefly and friends would be better but I am not gonna poo-poo anything G1 related :P

I admit that I get really tired of this set being the posterchild 'G1 m6'.

I also think that if they want to go down that line, it ought to be the six that inspired the characters from FIM, because obviously they are the basis that the M6 were allegedly based on (hasbro even said so on their retro page a while back, even though they didn't give images?)

...But I've never been a fan of the collector set, so I am biased. It's just so irrelevant over here, but I know it has much more significance in the US.

Mind you I did like the little mashem ponies...I'm still missing a couple of those.

The problem about pony characters that are beloved to collectors is also very regional and subjective.

I suppose the argument with the collector ponies is that they were at least the first.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:11:21 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 10:43:10 AM »
but I want to give some of my money to it so Hasbro will continue licensing out G1 ponies for more merch. This has come up in other threads how fans of other franchises will support releases so they can get more whereas we G1 collectors often turn away if it's not something that suits our taste

very good point! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of POPs, but I am happy to see more G1 retro stuff. And I did like the original G4 POP molds, just hated the soulless black eyes.

(Who was it on here that repainted the eyes on some of their POP ponies? Those looked great.)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 05:17:40 PM »
Interesting that they are called POP Vinyls, and not just POP like other are listed as. I wonder if these are indeed the POPs or the Vinyls? Happy to see Funko making more ponies though either way! I wish they would finish Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis, the sparkly glitter versions would have been amazing too..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:20:06 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 05:27:47 PM »
Interesting that they are called POP Vinyls, and not just POP like other are listed as. I wonder if these are indeed the POPs or the Vinyls? Happy to see Funko making more ponies though either way! I wish they would finish Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis, the sparkly glitter versions would have been amazing too..

Long time, no see. Life treatin ya good?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »

Hello! Yes well for the most part (2020.) I have been lurking around here for awhile just not commenting as much!

For Sale Wants

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2020, 09:51:45 AM »

Hello! Yes well for the most part (2020.) I have been lurking around here for awhile just not commenting as much!

Good to hear.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »

I admit that I get really tired of this set being the posterchild 'G1 m6'.

Would be nice if someone threw retro MPP our way.
(And certain Japanese pones)
formerly nightmare muffin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal