collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What happened to your childhood pony?  (Read 4251 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to your childhood pony?
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »
My parents didn't think it was appropriate for a boy to play with My Little Ponies.  While they tolerated my herd for a few years,  by the time I was in 2nd or 3rd grade they pushed me to sell off most of my herd in a yard sale. I kept my 4 favorite ponies,  who were sold in another yard sale about 3 years later.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »
I still have them all. I went through a phase where I wanted to sell or give away all my toys. My mom firmly refused to let me part with my ponies, and now I'm thankful! She knew how much I loved them. Maybe if I have a daughter one day she will play with them.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2020, 05:17:40 PM »
Some of my first few that I remember were Princess Tiffany, Pina Colada and Brightglow. Unfortunately they, along with the other 10 or 15 childhood G1s I had, were given to my older brothers pitbull as chewtoys. His intention was to teach his kid brother not to play with "girl" toys.

Joke's on him though because I rebuilt my entire collection and then some!  :P
He's still a total jerk for that move though. Geez. :blink:

Thrown in the garbage by my dad because they were "girl's toys".

I also had a few that I stole from my cousin (I was a desperate little gay boy, ok?  >_<) but I eventually gave them to my bff at school who was really into ponies because the risk of hiding them became too much.

Spoiler
oh btw I'm a teenager so of course I still live with my parents and they've had to come to terms with the pony hoard in my closet
Not cool that you stole from your cousin, but on the other hand it's understandable after what your dad did :mad: Parents who do that are... Ugh.

That is all I loved in the G1 erra! I had so many....and was asked to give up my pretty Parlor to a girl who had little....well come to find out it was a scam and her mommy sold it. She did this trick to many families. I was forced to box up all but 10 of my ponies....well the box got damaged and my mom threw it out in the trash. I grew up on a darm....our trash was burned:(

I still have my 10 and using my memory to find the rest. It is weird how in sight I have a hint of memory of the pony...but as soon as I touch and smell the pony I remember each adventure I had with them!
Ouch, that's such a shame... Those poor ponies... And that girl and her mom.. Grr. I wonder if that girl grew up to be one of the people on our Bad Trader List.
I'm glad you still have the unboxed 10 at least, and are being able to slowly rebuild.

I didn't have a childhood pony, MLP went under my radar when I was little. Had I known about it I would have been all over it, but...
should be perma-moderated

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2020, 02:50:41 AM »
what stories we tell us, some good, but some bad ones....

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2020, 05:38:25 AM »
Wow, so sorry to hear of all the lost ponies. I was very lucky that my mom never made me get rid of any of my toys. She said when she was a child she was so upset when she came home one day to find her mom had gotten rid of her toys, so she vowed to never to that when she had children.

So all the G3 ponies I bought as a young teen are still with me.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2020, 08:29:29 AM »
I only have 2 of my childhood ponies. Curly locks and Twinkler. I also remember that I saw a girl playing with my childhood ponies. I felt at the spur of th e moment to give them to her. I regretted it ever since. Even my So soft Surprise which I loved was gone. So I spent 12 years trying to get everything back and then some. I think because I lost so many ponies it made me want so many more.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:46 AM »
My old collection went with me until I was 23, when I lost almost everything, save some clothes & my personal writing folders & diaries (how I got those back I'll never know, but everything else was gone). I don't want to say how, but suffice to say it was a very bad time for me & I also lost my music collection & many other beloved items.

When after several more years another bad thing happened, I found Ponies & all that again & am rebuilding the old collection. All the Ponies, most of the accessories & many of the Friends are back, but I'm still working on the merchandise.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2020, 09:36:40 AM »
I still have a select few of them! Mostly my G1 ponies from markets and boot sales, since I was born in 94. I do wish I knew what happened to all my G2 ponies though, I assume my mother got rid of them many years ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal