collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Media Retrospective: The End of Flutter Valley  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Media Retrospective: The End of Flutter Valley
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »
I like Cloud Castle, namely because Twilight and Locket totally rocked and I wish we'd seen more of them. Even if Garf and his...Garfiness brought it down a bit.. XD

The music? Umm...I watch it so little that I don't remember the songs.Honestly I think 90% of the songs across the MLP franchise are bleh anyway. I think Oh Family and Nature's in Harmony are the only one I vaguely remember.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:09:10 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 05:45:19 PM »
I thought the Ice Cream Wars characters were supposed to be elves.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
I don't like "Nature's in Harmony" I really like Stretch Yourself to the Limit" I'll have to listen to the other songs to see what I think.

There's one  episodes of this storyline  I can remember watching when it was original broadcast with one episode of My Little Pony and episode of one of Hasbro's other cartoons. I remember being sad when My Little Pony ended so quickly and Potato Head Kids started :lol: I'm pretty sure it was part of the scenes with Morning Glory locked in the cage and Sting guarding her.  I remember watching some of the other episodes on Disney channel but for some reason I remember Morning Glory and Sting followed by Potato Head Kids.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 02:14:04 AM »
Yeah, Hasbro's grand strategy backfired.  They wanted to use My Little Ponies' popularity to elevate these lesser brands.  Instead, those who did tune in for the ponies would get up and leave once they were done.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
OOOOHHH I REMEMBER SOMETHING MORE TO SAY!

I had this recorded on TV when I was at school, where my mind kept telling me my young sister did it for me but maybe she just reminded my dad to record it XD So some how we had the whole thing on one tape, I think anyway, haven't seen it in AGES T.T (I've got to find my old tapes!) and the commercials were AMAZING. I still have lot of them in my head! And luckily the Disney Channel played them because the very last episode taped from the 80's tv, when it ends with the reprised version of From The Sun, it starts 'From the sun comes light, from the sun comes....' and it cuts off into 'Little Love A-Bye Babies needs your tender loving care! Little Love a-bye Babies have a tiny world of love to share! Their rocking horse can really rock! Their little ducks, adorable! Tuck frilly things in wooden drawers and every day you'll love them more!' and so on XD  IT WAS THE BEST ERROR!

I found a tape of it at Half Priced Books in the late 90's with Dancing Butterflies from the TAF commercial on the cover.

THE SONGS!

- Opening Theme:

I like this one and the MLP 'n Friends opening 'Follow, follow My Little Pony, My Little Pony and friends!'

- From The Sun - YES

- Oh, Family - YES

- Dark and Dirty -  could have been better T.T

- Nature's In Harmony - YES

- Stretch Yourself

I SING THIS AS CLOSE TO HER VOICE AS POSSIBLE. I LOVE singing this song! and saying the lines before and after it XD

- Stretch Yourself (reprise)

SAME AS ABOVE! besides the repeating the lines, though I do a lot of repeating dialog when I watch the episodes =P

- How Can I Be A Hero? - YES!!! I love when non singing people try to sing, it made me feel one with them cause I LOVE singing though I'm sure I sound HORRIBLE XD

- Pony Magic - YES! all the voices I tried to mimic in this XD I wanted pony magic so badly =P

- Imagine You Were Friends - YES! Cute, silly animation and it's what I wish would happen for me cause I didn't have good friends D=

- From The Sun (reprise) - YES! and see above for more information of the memory I have from the song =P

LOVED Surprise in this and Spike! Love the scene before the bridge!

Buttons: "Spike?? What ARE you doing??"

Spike: "I'm on a witch watch."

Baby Cuddles: "What's a Witch Watch?"

Spike: "I'm watching for witches, you never know when they might attack!"

I'm still the only one that enjoys this episode it looks like XD

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 03:09:05 PM »
I like Cloud Castle, namely because Twilight and Locket totally rocked and I wish we'd seen more of them. Even if Garf and his...Garfiness brought it down a bit.. XD

The music? Umm...I watch it so little that I don't remember the songs.Honestly I think 90% of the songs across the MLP franchise are bleh anyway. I think Oh Family and Nature's in Harmony are the only one I vaguely remember.

I am looking forward to the Cloud Castle discussion JUST to see LM go off on a long rant about Garf xD.

I'm also looking forward to Ice Cream Wars coming up because along with Revolt of PE that was the seminal pony animation of my childhood and I can still horrify my mother (who had to watch it with me over and over) by imitating the appalling fake scots accent.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 04:58:32 AM »
This was my introduction to G1.   :blush:

Just to clarify, this was before FiM aired (I think maybe around 2008 or 2009). I still clearly remember my eldest sister visiting our house and brought with her the season 1 DVD set for My Little Pony 'n Friends. Now I wasn't watching it and was just off doing my own thing until Part 3 was playing. At that point, I sorta sat off to the side of the room, curious about what was going on. To add some context, the only My Little Pony related media I was familiar with at the time was G3 (particularly "A Charming Birthday" and "Dancing in the Clouds" on VHS). So seeing things like the Flutter Ponies trapped in a melting honeycomb, the witches trashing their homeland, and even that there are multiple parts really grabbed my attention. I wasn't used to seeing these cartoon ponies in such peril. I was hooked ever since, and that partially played into what drew me to FiM in the first place.

Now while I do have a soft spot for this episode arc, I will not deny that it is another one of the weakest links in this show. It's way too long for its own good, the animation is very poor, and the ponies are mostly useless. Not to mention the resolution to the conflict was pathetically easy.

Regardless, it's still a guilty pleasure for me.
Plus I like the witches songs in this much more than I do The Movie's.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal