collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who has the biggest G1 collection? :)  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: Who has the biggest G1 collection? :)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:51 AM »
I would say Lancer in the UK is doing pretty well too
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »
I don't think there is a one person and like others have described, some can have multiples of the same pony or even plastic totes full of extra ponies.

And at some point, once you get past 1000, nobody wants to count them anymore. I think I stopped counting at 1017 and that was before G4, and it didn't include all the extras.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 09:15:05 AM »

And at some point, once you get past 1000, nobody wants to count them anymore.

Quoted for truth ;)
*gives Uni cookies*
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »
I am completely with Taffetta when she says it Is not the number of ponies that interests her. For me would be more interesting to know who has the rarest ponies? One of my Friends at the nirvana Forum has the most amazing collection i know of. I believe she has less than 100 ponies all in all, but the ones she has are All very hard to find!
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
I collected alone for many years and knew of the forums but didn't join or participate for MANY years so I don't know how it used to be like ten+ years ago but it's interesting reading about. I'd have liked to see Helen's collection. I know I was buying ponies the year they sold off her collection, would have been amazing (although it is really sad) to see all of those MOCs for sale at once. Also it makes me wonder if any of the MOCs I have now originally came from her collection, to be sold to a collector who in turn sold it to me. I have like over 50 now so perhaps.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »
I hope you guys don't misunderstand me, like I'm not asking about it in a competitive way just out of interest, like say if the Guinness world record people were to give out their record for the largest collection (however they would decide that I dunno but I'm just talking in terms of sheer scale of ponies) then what on earth would that collection look like? You know when you see for example Barbie collector videos and their entire home is completely over-run with dolls and still bursting at the seams , that's what I'm talking about like I wanna see that with G1s haha XD

I'm not a competitive type at all, that doesn't interest me- but boy oh buy huge collections are just the stuff of dreams to have a nose through, right? ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »
I am completely with Taffetta when she says it Is not the number of ponies that interests her. For me would be more interesting to know who has the rarest ponies? One of my Friends at the nirvana Forum has the most amazing collection i know of. I believe she has less than 100 ponies all in all, but the ones she has are All very hard to find!

Would it be possible to see pictures?
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 02:44:01 PM »
Not I! Nothing amazing over here...  :haha:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
I don't think there is a one person and like others have described, some can have multiples of the same pony or even plastic totes full of extra ponies.

And at some point, once you get past 1000, nobody wants to count them anymore. I think I stopped counting at 1017 and that was before G4, and it didn't include all the extras.
Ditto! For the last year or so I've been trying to put all of my ponies on a spreadsheet, and I'm still in the hundreds (I know I have well over 1000) and tired! Counting is hard!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »

Ditto! For the last year or so I've been trying to put all of my ponies on a spreadsheet, and I'm still in the hundreds (I know I have well over 1000) and tired! Counting is hard!

This is me, too. I also have the complication of having to catalogue my sister's 350 or so ponies as well. Thus far I'm stalled on 1988. I blame academia ;)

I really wish more and more that I could have a proper pony room, though. With all the packages and such I think I could make it really pretty, now...

@Ponycake - it's more than possible, although she had both loose and MOC ponies and a lot of both.

It's entirely thanks to her I have Rapunzel, albeit with a tail trim, because she went and found me one. But then this is the person who sent me Mimic knowing that it would be 6 months before I could get any ponies to her (I was 15/16 and at the time we agreed to trade when she was in the UK visiting family and could come meet my family and such). She really trusted me and I've never forgotten that she did. It's one of those nice pony community memories I have from way back when.

Changing the subject, really, a little bit, but I often wonder what happened to ponies I picked up here and traded across the sea. There were so many of them in the late 1990s and early 2000s, and most of those collectors are no longer here trading or collecting. I do wonder if they still have them, in secret hordes they enjoy privately, or whether they are in circulation once again.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:18:50 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 06:53:04 PM »
I think about this all of the time too Taffeta!  I'm sure there are ponies that have made multiple trips back and forth across the oceans as they pass from one collection to the next.  If only they could tell us their stories.....

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »
I would have said Helen. I own one or two ponies she sold long ago. precious and will always be in my collection.

But I don't think of it as a contest. The interesting thing to me about the hobby is how different each collection is. someone loves windy and has 45 US issues which are each slightly different due to factory variations. Someone has only commons, but they are beautifully perfect with every accessory and it's a time-warp to see such a spectacular display. Another collector has nearly every puzzle, bed set, purse etc. Another only collects non US ponies so I can to see stuff together I simply won't ever see anywhere else. There's so many possibilities since our line was so huge and I haven't even left G1 yet! and really fun to see all the different collections. sort of lets you see your hobby with new eyes.

Other then that, someone out there does have the most ponies (simply counting heads, doubles or not). which is how I assume a world record would be done.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »

Changing the subject, really, a little bit, but I often wonder what happened to ponies I picked up here and traded across the sea. There were so many of them in the late 1990s and early 2000s, and most of those collectors are no longer here trading or collecting. I do wonder if they still have them, in secret hordes they enjoy privately, or whether they are in circulation once again.

I can't remember what ponies I bought or traded from you at this point but I'm pretty sure I still have them since it would have been ponies I couldn't buy in the USA at the time. I do remember getting a package from you the next day after you sent it out. I think both of us were marveled at how the heck that could possibly happen.

I also wonder where all of my cousins ponies went to that I sold for her, but a lot of them I sold on ebay so I never knew who or if the buyers were members here etc. It's kinda funny to think of the trips these ponies have taken across the world :p

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »

I can't remember what ponies I bought or traded from you at this point but I'm pretty sure I still have them since it would have been ponies I couldn't buy in the USA at the time. I do remember getting a package from you the next day after you sent it out. I think both of us were marveled at how the heck that could possibly happen.

I also wonder where all of my cousins ponies went to that I sold for her, but a lot of them I sold on ebay so I never knew who or if the buyers were members here etc. It's kinda funny to think of the trips these ponies have taken across the world :p

Ah yes. The time travel miracles of post between the UK and the US.

I still have some of your cousin's ponies :) I know which ones they are because I have them with the cards and combs, ribbons etc. I'm pretty certain I have her Bright Eyes and I KNOW I have her Sweet Scoops and charm xD. I think my sister has her ChaCha Llama and maybe her Braided Beauty as well, actually, as Naynie's Braided Beauty still has a name tag around her neck xD.

So some of them are here :D.

There was a local collector here where I lived who sold up her ponies, and some of them had the names of the pony written on the hoof in small black block capitals. My sister has her Macau Cotton Candy, who has Cotton Candy written on the hoof, but the Cotton bit crossed out (of course, Candy is the right name xD) and a couple of others. I know I traded some with that kind of marking on the hoof as well, but I also know a lot of her ponies went to Helen.

So then I think, where are those ponies now, and it's amazing to think how much ponies travel.

Totally off topic, but maybe the answer to this question is not really any one collector, but the collective pony trading world through which some ponies travel multiple times. It means ponies from one person's collection become part of someone else's, then someone else's...and onwards to the next stage. If that makes sense?

The ponies all belong to all of us. They just change homes occasionally looking for new pasture ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
Who's Helen? :tellme:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal