collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pindot  (Read 386 times)

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
Pindot
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
I have an Apple Jack with pindot all over her body. (Her head is lovely, though.) I have tried soaking her in OxyClean, scrubbing her under hot water, and boiling her before scrubbing with a toothbrush. Nothing has made the slightest difference. Any ideas?   :what:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Pindot
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »
You need to get the pores of the plastic which are "holding" the dirt to loosen up/widen a little. You need to use water as hot as you can stand it and something blunt like a butter knife (you use the side of the knife to push out the dirt). I know it can take a lot of time and a lot of elbow grease to get it done but its the only way to solve the problem unfortunately.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »
I had a TAF Buttons that had pindot and what I did was first washed her in oxyclean to get rid of anything she had on her that would come off. Ten I would take hot baths (I like baths), watch a movie or have an audiobook going during the bath, and take the pony in the bath with me (opened up). The heat helped to open the pores as it were and I just used my nails to scrape her body to get the pindot out. It took a multiple baths (terrible I know) but the baths worked as spa sessions.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:15:01 PM »
You need to get the pores of the plastic which are "holding" the dirt to loosen up/widen a little. You need to use water as hot as you can stand it and something blunt like a butter knife (you use the side of the knife to push out the dirt). I know it can take a lot of time and a lot of elbow grease to get it done but its the only way to solve the problem unfortunately.

Yeah, I'm not an expert at pindot dirt removal yet, but when I've done it I've had the sink pretty much continuously running really hot water (kind of wastes water, but then it's for a good cause) and made the pony boiling hot, then scrubbed really hard with a (clean) toothbrush (usually while the pony is still under the running water or just was, in order to keep its plastic hot). So, basically, like the others have said in this thread: get the pony hot enough to open up the plastic pores, and scrape out the dirt with some sort of instrument.

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:08:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  :)

I got her cleaned up.  About the only way I could actually get to the dirt was to squeeze the body until the vinyl made a bit of a fold at the point where I was trying to clean.  Having the vinyl warmed up helped with that.  It still took quite a bit of work/time, but I zapped that pindot!!  She looked positively dingy from all the dirt before, and she looks soooo much better now!!  :good:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 11:14:30 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  :)

I got her cleaned up.  About the only way I could actually get to the dirt was to squeeze the body until the vinyl made a bit of a fold at the point where I was trying to clean.  Having the vinyl warmed up helped with that.  It still took quite a bit of work/time, but I zapped that pindot!!  She looked positively dingy from all the dirt before, and she looks soooo much better now!!  :good:

That's great! I'll have to remember this for the future!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »