collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sweet Rainbow Bakery  (Read 1455 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Rainbow Bakery
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 02:41:56 AM »

Is it? My TRU had this set coming out their ears. Maybe I should have picked up some extras...

Certainly is here. I've never seen it in the wild; TRU UK don't carry this size playset, and neither do any of the other toy stores, it appears.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 02:55:34 AM »
Random!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 04:44:52 AM »
What is with the current trend of tossing a bunch of accessories with a pony and considering that a "playset"? (This is aimed at Hasbro, not at the TC.)  Do customers these days not want or deserve proper playsets, where there's actually something you can keep all the bits inside?  Even the super simple ones like the Pretty Parlor and Poof n' Puff were capable of this.  I adored my Lullaby Nursery because it kept everything together and I could carry it outside to play.

Its not actually a playset. Or Hasbro are not calling it that. Its an Accessory Pack. Retailers can pretty much call it whatever they like however. And I think they are relying on the cardboard backdrop to justify the "playset" tag.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 05:41:14 AM »
I think this is totally cute! I don't mind that its a re-release of a non-mane six, especially since she is different and not "super happy eyed."

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 05:53:51 AM »
A new pony would've been better, but at least it's Mrs. Cake instead of another Pinkie Pie.  I don't even care how she got Pinkie Pie's key.

This does make me wonder if we'll see accessory packs for the other main characters.  The toy key was clearly inspired by the show--or, more likely, vice versa.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 08:39:12 AM »
You see, Mr Cake was injured in a freak meringue accident that morning & Mrs Cake began to panic about making it to a big catering job so Pinkie whipped out her magic key & unlocked the cake so she could put all the smaller cupcakes IN it so one pony could carry everything & she chucked Mrs Cake on roller skates so she wouldn't be late to her catering engagement but then Pinkie was called away on FiM business & forgot to take along her key. It all makes perfect sense, really.

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 07:31:18 PM »

It's so stupid of Hasbro to re-release this character again so soon and in such a large set by herself.

The set with Twirly Treats has been incredibly rare in some places, making her pretty sought after. Here, I think I've only heard of two instances of people finding the set in a store.
It's possible Hasbro are hoping enough people want her still to be willing to open their wallets a bit more. I just hope this release makes her loose price drop on Ebay.

Is it? My TRU had this set coming out their ears. Maybe I should have picked up some extras...

My goodness, mine too! And my Target... They still have them too!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
You see, Mr Cake was injured in a freak meringue accident that morning & Mrs Cake began to panic about making it to a big catering job so Pinkie whipped out her magic key & unlocked the cake so she could put all the smaller cupcakes IN it so one pony could carry everything & she chucked Mrs Cake on roller skates so she wouldn't be late to her catering engagement but then Pinkie was called away on FiM business & forgot to take along her key. It all makes perfect sense, really.

XD
 :happy: :drunk: :nerdy: :drunk:

:rofl:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
That Mrs Cake has different eyes than the last version. And roller skates!? To help her.. bake faster? :blink:

I honestly think they should have just included Pinkie Pie in this set… (never thought I would be asking for another pinkie pie xD)

I wonder if they meant to? Lol cute set though
~Foxtale~

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2014, 02:47:24 PM »
I would love a release of Sweetie Blue, but this looks like the closest we'll ever get. I like her Pinkie Pie eyes!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
What is with the current trend of tossing a bunch of accessories with a pony and considering that a "playset"? (This is aimed at Hasbro, not at the TC.)  Do customers these days not want or deserve proper playsets, where there's actually something you can keep all the bits inside?  Even the super simple ones like the Pretty Parlor and Poof n' Puff were capable of this.  I adored my Lullaby Nursery because it kept everything together and I could carry it outside to play.

Its not actually a playset. Or Hasbro are not calling it that. Its an Accessory Pack. Retailers can pretty much call it whatever they like however. And I think they are relying on the cardboard backdrop to justify the "playset" tag.

I was going to say something similar as the first poster.  While I understand that this is technically cheaper, I miss the days of g1 playsets where there were actual buildings.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
I like how the register has a key bigger than the cash drawer. And the cake also has a key :lol:

Yeah, a Pinkie symbol key...the whole set seems like hodge podge and random stupidity.

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 01:54:49 AM »
I never found the Celebration Bakery so I'm fine with this release as I can finally get Mrs Cake! It's avaliable to buy at Smyths if you are in the UK. However,£20 is really overdoing it for one pony, a few accessories and some cardboard backdrop :/ I'll try and wait for it to be reduced but I don't want to wait too long in case it sells out quickly :/

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:33 AM »
Hmmm... While I really like a lot of the accessories, I already have Mrs. Cake and her accessories from the first set..... and the little play backdrop for this new one will NOT hold up to actual display or playing, the "floors" are too thin and unsupported... so I would not have room to contain all those accessories. Shame.....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 02:46:08 AM »

I was going to say something similar as the first poster.  While I understand that this is technically cheaper, I miss the days of g1 playsets where there were actual buildings.

Oh I 100% agree. The lack of actual building defeats the purpose for me. And I worry that with Hasbro providing things like these accessory packs and retailers selling them as playsets and managing to keep the price lower than a playset would be, it may end up reducing actual playsets. Unfortunately I think at best we will get 1 or 2 playsets a year - and so far they have almost always been repeats - basically Castle after Castle.

What I do wish Hasbro would do is bring back some of their earlier buildings - the school house and the barn were not amazing as they were really just frontage but its better than just some cardboard and reissued ponyville accessories.

Unfortunately with the Sugarcube Corner release I worry that they are going to put their effort into the POP line now.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal