collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2 Appreciation?  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G2 Appreciation?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
I didnt like them at all at first. But they have grown on me since my mom found one at a thrift store (she has the best pony luck). She has found 2 for me so far and there are a couple that I actually really want. My favorites are the walking baby pose. They just look soo happy.
I really dislike the fused legs though :nope:

Check out HoustonCollector72's brag thread on here. Its what really changed my mind on them. I love seeing the new arrivals.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
Although G1 are my faves (childhood ponies), I think G2 are my second faves.  I loved them right away when I found them in a Zellers in 1997.  I was in 2nd year university and we happened to see them while shopping.  My friends and I all bought one (I got Sky Skimmer - that was my favourite pony colour combination).  It was actually getting her that propelled me into "adult" pony collecting and looking for G1s again.  Eventually, I ended up with the other G2s my friends had bought too.

I like the look of them (except those giant ball necks some of them have - ugh) and I think they have some of the best accessories since G1.  I wish I had bought up more of them back in the early 2000s when they were cheap and so few collectors seemed to be interested in them.

Elf

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »
I love them and their sparkly eyes.  :cool: :green:

diamondshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
Oh man.  Even though my friend's childhood G1 collection got me into MLP, it was my own, first pony that was a G2.  She just looked so much more elegant to me and I loved her~

Star Spark

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 07:48:11 PM »
Wow, so cool to see other G2 fans! It feels like they get completely forgotten sometimes. I do think that a supporting cartoon or other fiction would have really helped it along (it worked for Beast Wars, though admittedly not so well for G.I. Joe Extreme). I think Ivy and Clever Clover are the favorites of the ones I have, though I'd love a unicorn someday.

I have a quick question, though- I found Birthday Sundance at a local thrift a few months ago, but collector sites are showing this set as Europe only- did this particular version of Sundance ever have a North American release? Just trying to figure out how she ended up here.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »
I have loved G2 from the first time I saw them. I had G1s very early (since before I can even remember), but I was only 7 when G2 came out, so they were still childhood ponies for me right along side G1. They have REALLY grown in popularity in the last several years. When I first started collecting (2003), the European ones were considerably more affordable. =P

I have a quick question, though- I found Birthday Sundance at a local thrift a few months ago, but collector sites are showing this set as Europe only- did this particular version of Sundance ever have a North American release? Just trying to figure out how she ended up here.

Yes, that was released in the US. I have that set from childhood. =) Looks like it's a mistake.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
Did someone say G2s? 8D

My collection is fairly small, consisting of MM Ivy, Princess Sweetberry, Sky Skimmer, Clever Clover, Drifter and Dreamer, Seabreeze, and Berry Bright(?). I've been a fan ever since I was about seven, when I was given the PC game as a gift.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 01:52:25 AM »
I love G2's. My fave generation ever.  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 02:08:12 AM »
They're not my favourite, nor are they my least favourite, but I will say this, they will always have a special place in my heart, since they were the ones in stores that I grew up with, and I remember my mum buying my Ivy and her Beauty Parlour brand new from Mothercare. I doted on that Ivy. :heart:

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 03:45:57 AM »
I like G2s, and it makes me slightly happy that I'm in the minority in some ways - because it makes it easier to buy them almost, as less people want them *greedy person here*
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Rainfeather

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 04:30:48 AM »
I appreciate them.

When they first came out (I was 14 then) I didn't like them. But they have grown on me over the years. Probably because by now they make me nostalgic lol!

I only collect G1's now though.
But I think in the feature when I have room, and allmost all of my G1's I will start to collect them too.

I find them regularly here on fleamarkets. But I live in Europe.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 05:12:54 AM »
Those are the ponies that starte to emerge when I was already done with ponies, but they were also the ones I remember commercials of and saw in stores. The thing is: they never registered as MLP to me. They looked like some other product because of their drastic change in look.

But I can appreciate them! I'm honest, I'd like to have one or two one day. Just to make my collection complete (G2 is the only gen I'm missing in my herd).
I really covet Ivy. She's everybody's favorite, could that be? :lol:

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 06:04:23 AM »
I think G2 ponies are unique and elegant. I don't have any of them yet, but when I find one... hehe

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 06:11:05 AM »
When I was a kid, I hated that they were smaller and thinner.  I remember being very sad about it. 

Now they are super hard to find and I get excited when I do see one at the thrift store.  So far, I have only found two.  They are definitely growing on me... I would rather have a G2 collection than a G3 or a G4.  Guess that says something.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 06:12:05 AM »
Awh yeah, the G2s were my childhood ponies! <3 They were the MLP's for me. I really disliked the G1 at the beginning because I didn't know them :P
I've got them all a few years back, but I'm still on the hunt for accessories and merch!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal