collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you pick a favorite?  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you pick a favorite?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
Even as a kid I couldn't pick a favorite because I thought my other toys would be jealous. I guess that mentality has carried over to adulthood.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 12:11:47 PM »
My favorite when I was little was Galaxy. I've had one or two but still looking for one with silky hair and an even purple body. I love the hair colour combos of the T.Es, the naivete of the CPs and the feyness of the wingers! So I really don't feel I could live without at least 145 ponies in my life, ha! I'm looking for the last few :)

GALAXY <3 I just found one with an actual purple, not pink body, but her tail is a bit frizzy. I do feel I got lucky with her, and would love for her to become an army pony for me.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 01:30:55 PM »
I don't think I have a favorite but a few favorites that are Seaflower, Munchy, Okely, and others that don't come to mind right now. I just can't keep a favorite for long it's like I have ADD 'oh look Bannasplit!' Oh no Cranberry Muffins!' 'I forgot I had yum yum!' 'I like charry treats!'. Yeah that's about how I look at my collection. I wish I had a favorite.
:accomplished:

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »
....Then one day you wake up and go "Where the heck did all these Fizzys come from?! And yet, it just seems right...

I think this should become the motto of the Arena
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »
For me I think they choose me. I tended to like the ones that were "obscure" like Tic Tac Toe or Shady, so when I saw stuff with those ponies on it I go nuts. I also really liked the bright colored ponies or unusual color patterns...
I don't have one favorite though....i love so many
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
I don't have ONE favourite - I love ALL the blue ponies!  My first pony was Ruby Lips, and then I fell for Bowtie, Nightglider, Sparkler, Moonstone, Shaggy... and I realised that I could never have a favourite blue pony - it's all of them! Even when G2 & G3 came out - Ivy, Sugarbelle, Rainbow Dash, Autumn Skye, Dream Blue (OMG, so pretty!) Moondancer, Picolo... so many pretties!

So I'm obsessed with the blue ones... Blue Pony Love!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »
I generally don't have just one favourite, but when it happens, the pony tends to jump out at you and make you pick it. If you find yourself often looking at, thinking about, researching or playing with a certain one, it's probably a favourite! For me, I only started collecting during G4 and at a time in my life when I had never purchased anything online before without parental help. I was quite happy just looking at the older ponies online and only owning the new ones that were on shelf... until Tex. I saw him, I loved him, and he struck such a chord with me that I just had to get one. ^.^ So my first G1 pony was the only one I wanted enough to jump through hoops and sign up to eBay and get it mailed out to me, it was an easy choice for him to be the #1 favourite. I've recently put together a top 10 favourites list of G1 ponies and he is still at the very top. Also a hint about favouritism: if you're generally not a "complete with accessories" collector but you find yourself spoiling or treating a pony by hunting down their original accessories and reuniting them, they're probably worming their way into your heart too. ;)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »
As people have said, it just happens!!! I absolutely adore Gingerbread - she is my favourite - yet I am slightly obsessed with all Twinkle Eye ponies and have a massive Twinkle Eye army. I also adore Bow Tie and Cotton Candy as they were my first ponies as a child and have small armies of them, and Lickety Split is also up there on the favorite stakes....and of course Pinkie Pie.........

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 06:24:22 PM »
...Wait a minute....when did all these Starshines get here?

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »
It's actually kind of like getting a Cutie Mark.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »
I think it just happens.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 12:46:05 AM »
I don't have a favorite, I have several. I don't even have a favorite color because why should I choose just one when I like so many? I have an easier time isolating things I don't like, most purple ponies for instance.

CottonTALE

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 12:58:09 AM »
For me, It was a no-brainer that I would love Fluttershy.

I started to watch MLP:FIM before I got into collecting ponies, and I had a natural fondness for Fluttershy since we are very much alike personallity-wise (it also doesn't help that she's my favourite colour combination either :P)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 03:03:31 AM »
I still remember the first time I saw Munchy. Yellow/pink is my favorite color combo as well, but what really sold me were her striking green eyes and the hot dog on her cheek. She was just so cute that I fell in love with her right then and there. :lovey: I patiently waited several months for a good price to pop up on eBay, and I think the thrill of the hunt intensified my fondness for her.

I still think that she's one of the most creative designs that Hasbro has ever done for the MLP line. Something about Crumpet-pose ponies makes them look really intelligent to me... I don't know. I like to think that Munchy is that eccentric girl who constantly says bizarre things, but gets straight As in class and also reads a lot. I feel like the other ponies wouldn't always "get" her or her (probably dark) sense of humor.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal