collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the Most Interesting Way You have Gotten a Pony?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What is the Most Interesting Way You have Gotten a Pony?
« on: February 23, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »
I'd love to hear the story of the most interesting/weirdest/best way you have come to get a pony!

Mine would be from when I was in about 5th grade.  I had entered my former horse Ruben in a Halloween costume show.  I had done him in some "real" classes earlier that day, and he had been a total disaster, trying to buck me off, bite other horses and just in general be a total psychopath.  We had wound up being disqualified from everything, or losing.  The last thing I wanted to do was put him in a costume and do another class with him!  I decided to go in anyway though, since I had spent so much time on my costume.  He was actually a perfect angel in the class, which was shocking since there were about 40 horses in various stages of freaking out about their costumes. 

There were tons of categories, and we weren't winning anything, and I was totally crushed, and thought that the day couldn't get much worse and that I would leave without a ribbon.  There were only about 6 horses left in the ring (you had to leave when you got your ribbon), when they finally called our name!  We won 5th in Overall Best Costume, and the prize was a My Little Pony!  It was G3 Island Delight, and she is one of my favorites to this day.

Tell me your stories!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: What is the Most Interesting Way You have Gotten a Pony?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »
Probably the weirdest is when hubby was living with some friends (he had a room downstairs), and he let our canary out to fly around a bit. Well silly bird slipped through a tiny opening at the door (it was closed, but had gaps), and into the storage room next door... flew up to a wall and fell behind a chair.

Hubby spent quite a while moving furniture out of the way to get under the chair and rescue the bird. In doing so, he found a random MLP - Starflower. She's seen better days (and still needs a bath), but he rescued the pony with the bird.

Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:22:51 AM »
I love these stories! That Starflower is still an amazing and such a coincidental find! :)

Alas I have not had any such pony find encounters as yet - I live in hope though!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:33:59 AM »
At work - when a little old lady came in to donate toys for the children, she brought in a bunch of dollar store stuff, and these two items jammed into a shopping bag:

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »
the strangest way i have ever gotten ponies to date had to be christmas 2012. My mom had just passed and i was in DEEP depression but still trying to hold it together. so i come in for the new year's eve shift and on the table sits this BIG box.
He was like, "Sorry i didnt get your christmas present sooner Rosey.. but it took me a while to find one of t hese things this time of year."
So i go and pull off the paper and there is the wedding castle set..
and im all like  :dropjaw:
which gives him a good laugh..
i asked him howd he know i liked ponies and hes l ike.. you mean besides the pinkie pie key chain on your back pack..the  minty ear rings and the pony air freshner in your truck?
lucky guess.
hehe

LuckyTwirlerina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »
Hmm... besides finding two fash'ems on the ground? Nothing else too interesting. :P

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »
One of my Tumblr friends somehow found her childhood Speedy somewhere in storage. She kindly offered for me to take care of her.

Speedy remains my most loved pony in my whole herd!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »
At work - when a little old lady came in to donate toys for the children, she brought in a bunch of dollar store stuff, and these two items jammed into a shopping bag:

*jaw drops* So glad you rescued them. The thought of G1's shortly becoming non MIB *faints*

I love these threads.

My story is from when I was much much younger, about 5 or 6 or so. I loved My Little Ponies, but by that time they were no longer available in stores. I was in the hospital once and my grandmother gave me a present when I was leaving. A Baby Cotton Candy! She claims she found it in the garbage in the recycling area of her apartment complex. I don't know how much of that is truth because the recycling/trash area is just a shoot to the incinerator.  Either way I'm forever grateful such an adorable pony made it into my herd. I only wonder still after all these years if there were others in that "trash heap" :P
~Foxtale~

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 11:41:37 PM »
Wow, those MIB's  :dropjaw:

I found a dirty Sprinkles in a sandbox in the early 90's in Sweden, just before we moved to Finland. Sadly, my mom threw her away at some point, because she was so dirty.  :sad:

Cant think of any other story right now, that would be as interesting. :)

Thank you :heart:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
I don't have any cool stories to share, but I'll be stalking yours. :ninja:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »
I was bought the Baby Bonnet School of Dance for being brave when I had skin tags frozen off from my armpit. Gross, but I was the happiest and proudest 7 year old ever.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

tinyblondie

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 03:12:21 AM »
I was visiting family last summer and my little sister was getting restless so we decided to take her to the park for a bit so she could run around and play with some other children (my little brother only wanted to read by himself that day bless him). Right before we left I asked my stepmum to wait for a moment while I went and grabbed my bag, I hadn't been planning on taking it as we wouldn't have passed any charity shops or anything on the way but for some reason I felt like I needed to bring my wallet.

Well, we got to the park and went inside the little park cafe to grab an ice cream and inside there was a mini jumble sale! It was literally just one table with some boxes underneath but in the boxes I found 2 G3 ponies! 1 was a McDonalds Star Dancer and the other was Tiddly Wink the Breezie, I think I paid about 30p for them, they were definitely less than a pound.

Another one that isn't as interesting (just lucky) happened in November last year. I had been very poorly all week and planned to visit our local markets and charity shops that day as I was feeling better, well I woke up and was right back to square one! I felt too poorly to go out or even get dressed so later on my Mum and I checked gumtree together to see if anyone locally had any ponies for sale. As luck would have it somebody was selling a complete Baby Nursery and 7 ponies with ponywear for £20. We rang her up immediately and asked if she would be willing to deliver for an extra £5, she said yes and about 2 hours later she arrived. I was so exited to get my new ponies but when I opened the door I was presented with the Baby Nursery, a possible complete Show Stable and an almost complete Dream Castle, plus a bag of about 20 ponies! She wanted no extra money for them so I was a very lucky collector that day.

I love all your stories and I cant wait to hear more  ^.^

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:47:55 AM »
Not so much weird but sort of fits I guess.

I bought a pony from the US and had her sent to my Aunt who lives there to avoid customs charges. My Aunt gave the pony to my visiting Uncle who brought the pony back to the UK and gave it to my Grandma who then gave it to my Mum who finally gave her to me lol. So many family members involved in the acquisition of one pony over two continents :silly:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
Traded an Oreo cookie for a pony. Cookie last a few minutes, pony is forever!  I was like 6 or 8?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »
A few years ago, my daughters and I were driving down the street from our house on a trip to the grocery store when I spotted something sitting on a mailbox.  It looked like a pony, but I couldn't be sure, so I circled back around to get a closer look. 

A pony on a mailbox?  Yup.  It sure was.

I circled around again, and there was a man standing in the driveway (because they were moving) and I asked him if that was his pony on the mailbox.  He said he'd found it and that I could have it if I wanted it.  We snatched her up and took her home!!  That's the story of how G3 Strawberry Reef came to live with us.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal