collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Most Dirty Pony In The World Pictures  (Read 4417 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: The Most Dirty Pony In The World Pictures
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
I found this poor girl at Savers.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jeez, she had marker everywhere, even in her hair and she was covered in brown gunk. D:

Much better. :D
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »
Wasn't there someone on the Arena who found a poor Sweet Scoops who had been abandoned in a sandbox?

I remember we also had an extreme makeover of some really grubby ponies a year or two ago.

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
These are incredible clean up jobs! How do you get permanent ink out so well?

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Star Spark

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:03 AM »
Finally picked up this poor Baby Half Note at the flea market (after passing over her and similar for a while) to see how difficult she'd be to clean up- this is just a quick 45 min to an hour job (Magic Erasers FTW!)

Still need to work on the eyes (don't have any rust remover handy, but used toothpaste to at least get the eyes able to fully open and close.) Now to get those other BBE babies!

Also, I don't have pics (because it was just too gross) but I recently got a Surprise from Savers that had a surprisingly nasty tail. Really, REALLY hope that was just rust or dirt (fortunately, almost all of it immediately rinsed out, and she's a nice pony otherwise.)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 10:20:31 AM »
This is such an inspiring post!!  Pony-cleaning professionals, share your tips! ;)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
For really bad ponies, I'll do a light wash using a clansing shampoo, it scrubs residue off the body and hair. I use a tooth brush. then i'll put them in a HOT water oxy clean soak. And then I will soak them in Hot water Apple Cider Vinagure And Baking soda. Then Ill Shampoo and conditioner the hair leave it in for a day. Use magic erasers, Goof off only if needed.
:accomplished:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
For really bad ponies, I'll do a light wash using a clansing shampoo, it scrubs residue off the body and hair. I use a tooth brush. then i'll put them in a HOT water oxy clean soak. And then I will soak them in Hot water Apple Cider Vinagure And Baking soda. Then Ill Shampoo and conditioner the hair leave it in for a day. Use magic erasers, Goof off only if needed.

Thanks for the cleaning advice.  I admit, I'm a bit nervous to trying soaking them in hot water because of tail rust or potentially ruining their eyes/symbols.  I've heard some conflicting stories.  Some people have had great success, others have had disastrous results.  How do you ensure that only good things happen to your ponies?

So far my cleaning regimen has consisted of dishwashing liquid and/or baking soda under warm water with a soft-bristled toothbrush.  Then I shampoo and condition their manes and tails before wrapping them up (so they have a nice natural curl) and placing them tails down on a drying rack.  I use acetone and a Q-tip where necessary, and Plastic Booster on ink marks.  But I have never had as great of success as what has been shown in so many of these photos, so I guess I just need to be brave and try out some new techniques.  I'll start with a common pony and go from there. :)

~Pony Wish List~

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »
Wow. You worked miracles with that Sugarberry.
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 01:48:28 PM »
Wow, I'm so impressed with the cleaning skills here! I've cleaned some grubby ponies, but never had much luck with ink marks, unfortunately. :|
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
I don't have a picture of before, but I found a Cherries Jubilee that was COVERED in rust on the inside. I removed the old washer (which was practically falling apart) and scrubbed her hard on the inside with a toothbrush and shampoo.

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »

Thanks for the cleaning advice.  I admit, I'm a bit nervous to trying soaking them in hot water because of tail rust or potentially ruining their eyes/symbols.  I've heard some conflicting stories.  Some people have had great success, others have had disastrous results.  How do you ensure that only good things happen to your ponies?

So far my cleaning regimen has consisted of dishwashing liquid and/or baking soda under warm water with a soft-bristled toothbrush.  Then I shampoo and condition their manes and tails before wrapping them up (so they have a nice natural curl) and placing them tails down on a drying rack.  I use acetone and a Q-tip where necessary, and Plastic Booster on ink marks.  But I have never had as great of success as what has been shown in so many of these photos, so I guess I just need to be brave and try out some new techniques.  I'll start with a common pony and go from there. :)

Well I do avoid doing this to Glitter symbol ponies, So soft unless they need to be deflocked, No ponies with mechanics in them.

If the paint is cracked and fragile it may come off, but I so far have not had a problem even with paint rubs prior to washing.

And I drain them by setting them on a town with their bum down and the washer has never rusted on me even, because it takes tales a long time for them to rust. we are talking days weeks for them to rust..  so a few hours of being wet won't hurt it.

Dish soap can be over drying so be careful,

and NEVER use bleach! It will fade the pony over time and chip the paint.

Oxy clean is grate but it can brake down fabric over time so..
Baking soda and vinegar is the best way to go for getting the oxy clean off and out of your pony so she won't have the residue on her.

So when using any strong cleaners like acetone, goof off make shure and wash your pony, so the chemical won't eat at the plastic.

haha! there is a meathed to my madness. it all makes sense even if it sounds strange..

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
@NamineEveningLight -- you say to never use bleach.  I have heard this lots of times before and have never used bleach on a pony (to my knowledge).  Plastic Booster doesn't contain bleach, does it?  I haven't experienced any horrible results from using it, and the first time I tried it was several months ago and the pony in question still looks absolutely fine.  I'm just a tad worried now, having sold ponies that I've used this on.  :huh:

I will definitely be careful with the dish soap, too.  Do you recommend using something like a mild baby shampoo instead?  I really do appreciate all your awesome cleaning tips, thanks so much. :hug:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 03:46:19 PM »
Love these pictures!  One day, I may attempt to fix up some of my grubby ponies (I know I have a good few!).  Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »
@NamineEveningLight -- you say to never use bleach.  I have heard this lots of times before and have never used bleach on a pony (to my knowledge).  Plastic Booster doesn't contain bleach, does it?  I haven't experienced any horrible results from using it, and the first time I tried it was several months ago and the pony in question still looks absolutely fine.  I'm just a tad worried now, having sold ponies that I've used this on.  :huh:

I will definitely be careful with the dish soap, too.  Do you recommend using something like a mild baby shampoo instead?  I really do appreciate all your awesome cleaning tips, thanks so much. :hug:

I don't know for sure if it dose, Read what the ingredients on the bottle.
Time to google search, if you don't get an answer try making a post in yahoo answers, or making a post here in the corral.
Id say if you didn't get an answer then you may not wanna use it if you are unsure. But like I said see if you can ask around, and in the mean time please don't worry.

Dish soap is grate if you have a greasy pony, or if they have dirt and sand in their hair, or an unidentified object like It could be gum it could be play-dough..or it could be a few other things I don't even wanna think of. ewwww!
Dish soap is ok to use its just super over drying.

Heres what I use, http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suave-Daily-Clarifying-Shampoo-22-oz/10293563

If you use clarifying shampoo conditioner is a MUST have.

You can use baby shampoo too.
what ever works best for you.

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
Wooww!!!  :dribble:

I really would love to try the magic erasers in one of my ponies. But I´m from Argentina, and here that brand doesn´t exist.... I searched the erasers in google... Are they used to clean bathrooms? I thought that the magic erasers were used for pencil drawings, etc  :lol: :blush:

Here there isn´t something simlar to clean the bathroom, I think, so, do the normal erasers work fine to clean ponies?

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal