collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag wave 8  (Read 11481 times)

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag wave 8
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2013, 12:06:22 PM »
Doesn't anyone else notice the problem I notice? One way most fans could tell what pony was in the bag was because of the encoded number on the seam on the back of the bag. If you look at the back, there is NO SEAM! Meaning no numbers. Meaning you might have to buy hundreds before you get all 24. This might be a nightmare. I mean, I want all 24 of these for sure but the hassle...this is gonna be tough.

I'm hoping they're marked somewhere else. I'm not good at feeling items through the bags. I quit buying Lego Minifigure blind bags for that very reason.

I hope they are marked else ware as well :/ Though if you get a full box you will still get one of each so getting the full set for us completionists wont be to hard, you just have to be ready to shell out for the whole box at once.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
i always try and get a full box lol

i just bought the blue bag wave (not sure which number) from wallmart xD i was crossing my fingers because they had 2 boxes, and both of those boxes looked like they had another box contents dumped on top of them. I grabbed the box in the back, took everything out t hat was JUST one top (you could tell the ones that hadnt been moved yet because they were still in rows  under everything else haha) made sure there was 24 then bought it and went home, and luckily my method worked and i got one of each haha

i really cant wait to see these? i really hope its not another international exclusive? i still havent gotten wave 2 and i doubt i ever will :/ which is unfortunate because there are a lot of ponies in that one t hat i really love.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
i really cant wait to see these? i really hope its not another international exclusive? i still havent gotten wave 2 and i doubt i ever will :/ which is unfortunate because there are a lot of ponies in that one t hat i really love.

They have already popped up on Big Bad Toy Store so that shows they will get a US release as well as an international one :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Aqua0119

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »
Doesn't anyone else notice the problem I notice? One way most fans could tell what pony was in the bag was because of the encoded number on the seam on the back of the bag. If you look at the back, there is NO SEAM! Meaning no numbers. Meaning you might have to buy hundreds before you get all 24. This might be a nightmare. I mean, I want all 24 of these for sure but the hassle...this is gonna be tough.

I'm hoping they're marked somewhere else. I'm not good at feeling items through the bags. I quit buying Lego Minifigure blind bags for that very reason.

I hope they are marked else ware as well :/ Though if you get a full box you will still get one of each so getting the full set for us completionists wont be to hard, you just have to be ready to shell out for the whole box at once.

If you do a search for pics of wave 8 (I looked on yahoo) there IS an imprint on the bottom seam that is definitely some alpha/numeric code of some sort.  No idea if this code is unique or if they've gone to generic codes.  Fingers crossed though.  As long as they're still trying to make a box contain a full set there really should be some codified way of differentiating between closed bags.  But, I have to agree, if they take away my ability to pick the ones I want I will stop buying.  There's too much duplication and frankly I don't have money to just pitch at them at random and any pony I buy that I don't want is just waste so I would have no choice but to just not buy anything.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
The one I'm most excited for is Royal Riff because he has the color scheme of Mountain Boy Thundercloud :) I definitely plan on making a custom with him!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
My local Walmart stopped selling the Hot Wheels blind bags last summer. Because of people (of all ages) getting into them. So far the ponies haven't shared that fate but it may the same. On my last trip, I noticed several blue BB's open in the box.

Don't have the $$ to fork over for a full box, so I'll buy when and where I can find them. Usually two or three bags at at a time. Granted I don't look for the numbering, just grab and go. But I'm not trying for a complete set of any line.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2013, 10:21:21 PM »
I just found these today and one thing I noticed was Gilda, Lotus, and Comet Tail are the only 3 made from 2 different colors of plastic. The others seem to be just one color with painted parts.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal