collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
Re: Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »
Yea all of these are pretty disappointing...Ill only get Chrysalis if that's what I gotta do to get the brushable "Bubbles". But Ill add one more pony to the list the Princess Twicorn that comes with the new castle part. I love the castle but that Twilight looks awful! I dont get why they changed the horn mold, and the wings look like a 3year old drew the shape. Body is ok but  its clunky and don´t look very elegant at all. -10 points Hasbro!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »
Im also sad that Shining Armor appears to have taped Troll hair instead of Rooted hair. Zecora doenst look like her TV Show version. But she's unique in my opinion. They tried and I love the Glow in the dark Option. :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »
So... something totally different. Wich G4 MLP Toy do you really DON'T like? I have to go with this one:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Queen Chrysalis always had been one of my Favourite MLP Characters. And when I saw that she got her own brushable. I almost fainted.
I was sure she were about to look great. But then... when I saw her... man. Where do I start.

Well the good thing is her eye and color. But thats it. They just recycled the same mold from Celestia and NMM. No unique horn nope. The horn is just the standard one with a sticker slapped on it, great... the legs are the same, even the friggin shoes are still visible, and the holes are just stickers, come on how much is drilling? Then her wings, well.. they are blue and transparant but thats about it, same wing mold. Great...  :really: The part were she has in the show that beauitifull gradient (part where her wings are attached to_ here.. just plain green. No Gradient. And then. We miss quite a big thing: Her Crown, but without the crown she isnt a queen.

Hasbro really disappointed me with this toy, Im note sure If I will get her, perhaps I will customise her. But for now I have to go with her Blind Bag. I would like to hear your opinions on your least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch. ;)

WOW! I did not know that she was that boring looking :(  I am still going to get the set, but sucks :(

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »
Doesn't 'merch' mean anything that ISN'T the main toys? :/
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
Doesn't 'merch' mean anything that ISN'T the main toys? :/

I think in this instance, merch is referring to both the official toys as well as licensed items (like the Funrise plush, fast food prize ponies, etc) so pretty much anything FiM related can be mentioned. Instead of just limiting it to the official Hasbro made toys.

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 04:23:12 PM »
I was really disappointed with Vinyl Scratch (I hate calling he DJ Pon-3) with those painted on glasses. I think I'll still buy her but it's pretty sad. Zecora did bug me a bit with the glow in the dark. I wish they would have made two versions. It was a nice idea but I would have liked a choice. Queen Chrysalis is down right horrible though. Also I remember when G4 first started popping up, the pink Celestia angered me.

Overall G4 has disappointed me a lot. The only stuff I own is a few blind bags. I will still buy some more but I wish they'd come up with some better products.

Offline Greylady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »
Yea all of these are pretty disappointing...Ill only get Chrysalis if that's what I gotta do to get the brushable "Bubbles". But Ill add one more pony to the list the Princess Twicorn that comes with the new castle part. I love the castle but that Twilight looks awful! I dont get why they changed the horn mold, and the wings look like a 3year old drew the shape. Body is ok but  its clunky and don´t look very elegant at all. -10 points Hasbro!

Oh, the Twilight Sparkle castle exclusive is the bane of my existence. The wings are probably the most ridiculous looking things ever.  :( And this is coming from a Twilight Sparkle hoarder. I was so very, very disappointed when I saw her.
As for blindbags, I've only bought four so far and their paint jobs are incredibly sloppy. Considering that for their size and quality, they're far too expensive, I'm a bit underwhelmed.
The Vinyl Scratch collector set never made it over to this side of the world, but judging by Vinyl herself I probably wouldn't be buying it unless if I got rid of her glasses paint and reapplied it to cover the eye moldings because that's a disgusting mis-use of their own molds on Hasbro's part.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »
Well, we don't find so much actual merch up here, but of the toys-merch, I've got to say Fluttershy's blindbag. :argh:  Until I actually hold the new-show-accurate mould in my hot little hooves, that's my biggest pet peeve.

But that Chrysalis... wow, I hadn't seen her till right now, and I've got to say boo-hiss-boo, Hasbro, way to spoil a wonderful opportunity. :razz:  (What's next - slap a donkey head on a Celestia mould and call it Discord?  No thanks.)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »
(What's next - slap a donkey head on a Celestia mould and call it Discord?  No thanks.)

Shhh, now you've spoiled SDCC!  ;)  KIDDING!  Just kidding! 

Oh wow.  Hey Hasbro, you're supposed to sell these toys.  Customers aren't supposed to stand in the aisle and laugh at how pathetic your product is.  This is getting ridiculous. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
The most disappointing thing for me so far are the blind bag size three-packs.  I love that they spent time on the specialty molds but the paint jobs are some of the worst yet.  The Cadance I ended up with was particularly sloppy and it was then I decide to spend my money on brushables only.  Because $8 for two tiny ponies packaged with a third I already own, is way too much money for that.  Lo and behold, the release of exciting new brushables has slowed to a mere trickle.  Alas...

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
Chrysalis is worse than I thought.  I never bothered to actually study her before and, yes, she does look dreadful.  Still not as bad as the new large Alicorn Twilight.

Anybody have a match and some gasoline?  (I'll be honest though, when I was little, I would have loved this toy to bits.  It was drilled into my head to love anything pink/purple and ponyish, whether or not the quality was actually there.)

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
Well, we don't find so much actual merch up here, but of the toys-merch, I've got to say Fluttershy's blindbag. :argh:  Until I actually hold the new-show-accurate mould in my hot little hooves, that's my biggest pet peeve.
I forgot about that Fluttershy, that really annoyed me.

Chrysalis is worse than I thought.  I never bothered to actually study her before and, yes, she does look dreadful.  Still not as bad as the new large Alicorn Twilight.

Anybody have a match and some gasoline?  (I'll be honest though, when I was little, I would have loved this toy to bits.  It was drilled into my head to love anything pink/purple and ponyish, whether or not the quality was actually there.)
That's horrifying. Surely they could do much better?

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
I hadn't even known that Hasbro made Chrysalis. For me the most disappointing merchandise would be the large pillow plush Twilight Sparkle from Target. She looks like a misshapen alien and yet I bought her anyway because she was the only plush I had access to last year. << I also don't like blind bag Fluttershy. She looks horrible in Rainbow Dash's mold. Doesn't look at all like herself. Then there's pink Celestia of course and purple instead of blue Luna. I also don't get the G4 Design -a- Ponies. It would make a whole lot more sense if the whole body was blank instead of having the character's main body color and just the mane and tail blank with random uncolored designs everywhere.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
If we can't say "the entire G4 line" (the ponies are so cheap and I hate it), I'm gonna have to go with all the nice merch being plastered with "brony".

Domingo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
Call me a hypocrite, but I'm disappointed that no plushies with brushable and looking-like-the-show hair exist...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal