collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I don't think I can be a pegasister anymore...  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
Re: I don\'t think I can be a pegasister anymore...
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »
See and this is just reinforcing everything I've been thinking. For the most part everyone here is really nice!! Why can't the bronies be like this too??? Ugh I will never understand.

Mostly bronies are younger boys or older men.. And men can be quite immature when it comes to things like fandoms and things they can easily fight and have competition over. Hey, we're mostly women here with the small portion of men! But we're wonderful here :) We're nice, we'll help whoever needs it. But yeah, I don't think bronies are the right group to hang out in.. Just call yourself a pony lover! :)

Post Merge: December 06, 2012, 11:02:49 PM

Because most forums, and what seems like most people (especially online), just plain aren't nice.

Because they're insecure and lazy irl and think it's fun to make people feel horrible online. :( IMO though

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: I don't think I can be a pegasister anymore...
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
No matter what you're into, there will always be a stuck up, bad attitude fan base that is cruel to everyone and think they are the God of all fans. I've learned that the hard way. Luckily, we have the Arena which doesn't have all that drama and obnoxious behavior.

It's the last internet fan base forum I actually visit. I gave up on all the others. I don't have time for drama and immaturity over things I like. Some people just take things too far. I wouldn't pay them any attention. You can still call yourself what you like. You don't have to associate with them though.

I've heard terrible things about "Bronies" but this is the only Pony forum, and fan forum for anything at all, that I go to. So I've never dealt first hand with them. But from what I've heard.. I wouldn't pay them any mind. People like that can live off in their delusional world for all I care.

As long as I keep on being happy with the things I like.. they can't get to me.  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »
Because most forums, and what seems like most people (especially online), just plain aren't nice.

This is what my BF told me when I said that I wanted to join a small brony forum after meeting some really nice guys at the ponycon.
I though that it would be fun, but I understood really quickly that it wasn't for me.

It wasn't that they were really mean or rude, but they wern't nice and some of the comentes they made did make me really sad/upsate. :/

I think that I will just stick to the arena!!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »
Seriously, I just want to know what happened to 'love and tolerate'?

Believe it or not, that was never meant to be taken seriously. It was originally just a counter bronies would throw at trolls and haters, but some took it seriously, and it was adopted as the slogan. I've seen some of the bad myself, and sometimes there is very little love and tolerance. A good example is Alicorns. If you decide to make an Alicorn original character, you will get grilled for it, as many consider OC ones Mary Sues, and the only Alicorns allowed are Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Lauren's own OC of herself (double standard anyone?).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:55 PM »
Seriously, I just want to know what happened to 'love and tolerate'?

Believe it or not, that was never meant to be taken seriously. It was originally just a counter bronies would throw at trolls and haters, but some took it seriously, and it was adopted as the slogan. I've seen some of the bad myself, and sometimes there is very little love and tolerance. A good example is Alicorns. If you decide to make an Alicorn original character, you will get grilled for it, as many consider OC ones Mary Sues, and the only Alicorns allowed are Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Lauren's own OC of herself (double standard anyone?).

Oh for the love of god...that is ridiculous...

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
Hello, Me-From-Six-Months-Ago! ;)

No, but seriously, I was in the same boat as you - mmm, a year or so ago? And I was feeling the exactly same way as you are.

Good news - you're not alone! Tons of people are abandoning the sinking ship that is S.S. Brony, and I've met some of the nicest fans by our shared dislike of terribly-behaving fandom members! And the even better news is, you're totally welcome to keep enjoying the show, and buying the toys, writing fanfic, whatever you'd like - without identifying by the Brony/Pegasister title. You're free to be a MLP Fan, or Afficionado, or Fangirl or whatever you'd like to be!

One word of comfort - a lot of the fandom behaves atrociously online, but my bad interactions IRL have been far more infrequent. Either that's because A) the folks online are 'too good' (LOL) to show up to IRL meetups, or B) people restrict their bad behavior to places where they can't face judgment from decent people. I've met some nasty fans (the dude shouting "fat joke! faaaat joke!" at EQLA, for example), but most of my 'bad fan stories' are from online. So there may still be hope for your local group, OP! :)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 11:57:25 PM »
I know some nice people who identify as "bronies", but overall the brony community has this underlying tendency towards creepy zealousness.  Like they're on a religious mission or something.   I think it ties into the fact that a lot of them are still deeply insecure about liking a girl's toyline.   Even the word "brony" emphasizes masculinity. 

I actually think that bronies have a much stronger sense of community than we do, but in a rather unhealthy way.  We are an excellent, helpful, knowledgeable community here, but at the end of the day we all live our own lives.  There's much more of a sense of "sink or swim together" with bronies, IMO.  Much more of a tendency to turn into a frothing mob if someone insults FIM, is offended by Drama Pony, etc.  Hell, I have seen them pitch a fit over Lyra's original blindbag name, Heartstrings.  And that is probably one of the best names Hasbro has come up with since the year 2000!

I just keep wondering what they would've done if Hasbro had called her "Tink-a-Tink-a-Too" or "Beebop" . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Spike

• Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 12:03:12 AM »
I bet Lauren Faust will think very little of bronies when she finds out they mock and make fun of the other generations in which she loved.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 12:04:07 AM »
If you decide to make an Alicorn original character, you will get grilled for it, as many consider OC ones Mary Sues, and the only Alicorns allowed are Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Lauren's own OC of herself (double standard anyone?).
I always figured Lauren Faust got away with making an Alicorn because she's considered to be the creator/"mother" of the FiM series. And how a lot of bronies treat her like a goddess, which is similar to how Celestia and Luna are in the show (unless I'm totally wrong on this, which I could be. xD) So to the bronies,  it's okay for her to have an Alicorn character.

But yeah, I do dislike how Alicorn OC = automatic Mary Sue. I've actually seen some pretty neat Alicorn OCs, and I actually made an alicorn pony out of a fan character I have, hehe.

I bet Lauren Faust will think very little of bronies when she finds out they mock and make fun of the other generations in which she loved.
Pretty sure she already knows about the past gen hate, along with other not-so-nice things. :(
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:09:41 AM by MilkyTaroMochi »
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Spike

• Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:27 AM »
I know some nice people who identify as "bronies", but overall the brony community has this underlying tendency towards creepy zealousness.  Like they're on a religious mission or something.   I think it ties into the fact that a lot of them are still deeply insecure about liking a girl's toyline.   Even the word "brony" emphasizes masculinity. 

I actually think that bronies have a much stronger sense of community than we do, but in a rather unhealthy way.  We are an excellent, helpful, knowledgeable community here, but at the end of the day we all live our own lives.  There's much more of a sense of "sink or swim together" with bronies, IMO.  Much more of a tendency to turn into a frothing mob if someone insults FIM, is offended by Drama Pony, etc.  Hell, I have seen them pitch a fit over Lyra's original blindbag name, Heartstrings.  And that is probably one of the best names Hasbro has come up with since the year 2000!

I just keep wondering what they would've done if Hasbro had called her "Tink-a-Tink-a-Too" or "Beebop" . . .

But Heartstrings is her real name according to Hasbro, besides Lauren said the bronies have their own names for the background ponies and the background ponies didn't actually have names until the 2 inches. They just had placeholder names by the bronies.

I don't get why they get so upset by a pony and act like such children (Acting like a 5 year old at a shop wanting something they can't have!) when it comes to someone insulting or having an opinion on one certain pony.

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »

In that particular instance I was kind of disappointed they didn't stick with Lyra, but it was their decision.  But I see what you're saying.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »
If you decide to make an Alicorn original character, you will get grilled for it, as many consider OC ones Mary Sues, and the only Alicorns allowed are Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Lauren's own OC of herself (double standard anyone?).
I always figured Lauren Faust got away with making an Alicorn because she's considered to be the creator/"mother" of the FiM series. And how a lot of bronies treat her like a goddess, which is similar to how Celestia and Luna are in the show (unless I'm totally wrong on this, which I could be. xD) So to the bronies,  it's okay for her to have an Alicorn character.

But yeah, I do dislike how Alicorn OC = automatic Mary Sue. I've actually seen some pretty neat Alicorn OCs, and I actually made an alicorn pony out of a fan character I have, hehe.

Honestly, Lauren's isn't even an "OC". Its a pony sona if anything. If I remember right she sketched it as a representation of herself for an interview or something with EqD?, but bronies took it really seriously. Vectors and stuff started popping up and when I left the fandom that was how a lot of bronies saw her, as a pony, for good and bad reasons.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
Honestly, Lauren's isn't even an "OC". Its a pony sona if anything. If I remember right she sketched it as a representation of herself for an interview or something with EqD?, but bronies took it really seriously. Vectors and stuff started popping up and when I left the fandom that was how a lot of bronies saw her, as a pony, for good and bad reasons.[/center]
Yeah, it was for an interview of them. IIRC, people had asked her what would she look like if she was a ponysona because they wanted to draw her as a pony.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 12:23:54 AM »
Well, I've seen the worst of the Bronies and even experienced some lynching myself for just detesting the pony wedding. It's one thing that caused my meltdown back in March/April.

Mention anything bad about the show on Amazon or Facebook, and they bully you.

So yeah. Why it's not a good idea to be associated with them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:58:00 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 12:43:03 AM »
Honestly, Lauren's isn't even an "OC". Its a pony sona if anything. If I remember right she sketched it as a representation of herself for an interview or something with EqD?, but bronies took it really seriously. Vectors and stuff started popping up and when I left the fandom that was how a lot of bronies saw her, as a pony, for good and bad reasons.
Yeah, it was for an interview of them. IIRC, people had asked her what would she look like if she was a ponysona because they wanted to draw her as a pony.

That's what I thought, glad I remembered right for once. Lol. I imagine that's part of why bronies are okay with it, along with her creating FiM and everything you said.

OCs get ripped on a lot though, regardless of fandom or lack thereof. Fandom OCs tend to get ripped on more as a whole.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal