collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who did you unexpectedly fall for...  (Read 4290 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who did you unexpectedly fall for...
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
for me it is some gen 2, some gen 4 FS ponies, and then I saw the breezes and now i want all of them.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »
TAF Sugarberry.
Her hair was all frizz and gross and her skin was gross. Haha.
But, after I cleaned her up and did her hair...
She's my second favorite!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

tiktok

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
Pegasi.

Before I got here I had a handful of G4s and three G1 Earth ponies. I don't care for the G4 pegasus mold (so poky and stiff!) and only "collect" Unicorns in G4 (the Rarity squad needs other unicorn friends to play with).  I was also under the impression that I didn't care for most G1 molds - I had three Shy pose Earth girls and 4-Speed, and I liked the way those girls looked and didn't like most others.

Further research has led me to conclude that G1 Pegasus molds are awesome and I need many many pegasi in my apartment. I still don't care for... probably the vast majority of G1 molds, but of the ones I do like, most of them are pegasi.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »
G1 Collectors Pose ponies and Twinkle Eyed ponies. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Aaryana

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »
Pinkie Pie, both in character and in toy version. I wouldn't say I've fallen for her, as her character still bugs me a bit, but I do really like my FS Pinkie.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Truthfully G3 Ponies. I started off just wanting G1s and buying G4s for my daughters. I got a few g3s in a few lots and presently sold them. Then after a while of cleaning random g3s and selling them I started to like their uniqueness and decided to start keeping them.

I now have 180 G3 ponies including very rare ones with a 200 lot on the way for me to clean and sort through... and I only just started really collecting MLP (not counting my childhood) in April of this year! :blush:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
Princess Ponies, Sweetheart sisters and most recently. . .  Munchy.  :)

It wasn't that I hated Munchy but I thought her symbol was a little odd and I thought she was too expensive.  But then I happened upon her at the thrift store and I was totally smitten.  She has earned a place of pride in my colle ion.  :lovey:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »
When I first saw Lily Lightly I thought she was way to gimmicky and not worth my time, so every time I saw her I passed her up.  As months went by I continued to pass her up.  It wasn't until after she had left stores I finally saw the charm and uniqueness that she offered.  That was when I decided I had to have her.  Finally I got a hold of her and I am so happy. 

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 01:50:22 AM »
Sweetheart Sisters for me

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 02:39:51 AM »
For me it was the Pony Friends. Then I found Creamsicle while thrifting and fell in LOVE. Now I have Zig Zag and Spunky too and I want more of them  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 02:49:08 AM »
Hmmm... I don't have a lot of experience on that yet (not collecting actively/not many ponies yet) but...

I bought a bundle on my birthday that came with three G3s that I knew I was going to sell (actually, I wanted the bundle because of two HUGE fakies that looked so awesome). I sold Heart Bright and Easter Cheerilee and I was going to sell Lily Lightly too but then I started liking her more and more as I looked at her. She was in awesome shape and although having smoke smell, she eventually lost it as time passed by. I ended up liking her so much I kept her <3 Now she is in Portugal on my parent's house with all my other ponies :) I'm sure she is quite happy I kept her hihi~

Also, after some months this happened, I fell in love with FS Pinkie Pie and ended up buying her. I never though I would actually buy a G4 - I'm not THAT much of a fan yet. I was surprised at her quality and I kept her here with me <3 She is my one and only G4 so far, as I keep wanting to buy G1s as a priority.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »
BnG Ringlets and Shady. ABSOLUTELY DETESTED that pose, seriously couldn't stand it...then I got a Ringlets and loved her :lovey: then shady...then sky rocket :P I actually have 3 Ringlets now.

Anyway it was all Ringlets ( the mod) fault :P :lovey:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2012, 06:21:49 AM »
White talking Celestia. I didn't think I was going to add her, but I did anyway. She's so pretty! I might get talking Cadance too!

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2012, 10:58:50 AM »
Ice Crystal for me. I never could see what the big deal was about mountain boys. It was not until just recently that I really took a look at that one and realized that I really liked/wanted him.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 05:34:19 AM »
For me it's a toughie.  I grew up with G1s, and while there are still some sets I don't think I'll ever get into (i.e. adult sea ponies, Brush n' Grows, and BBEs), it is still my favourite generation.  I completely missed out on the G2s.  Either they weren't sold in my area or I looked at them and assumed they were fakies, lol.  When I first saw a G3 on store shelves, I was like, "Yay, My Little Ponies are back!"  But by then I was a young woman and did the "mature" thing, kept on walking.  Now I'm married and the mother of three, and I have far more ponies than I ever did as a child, lol.

When I got back into collecting, I ignored all other generations (even the G3s).  But you know how it is, you get the random G2 or G3 in a lot and before you know it, you can't part with it. ;) G2s were the real shocker for me, as I thought they were the black sheep generation, a total MLP flop.  But now I love their sweet smiles, sparkling eye gems, and frilly hooves.  And, oh my goodness, the accessories!!  Not to mention some of the cutie marks, like Tender Nuzzles, Teddy, and Waterlily.  GORGEOUS. 

I am still dubious about G4s, but even those have started to infiltrate my hardened heart.  I bought Zecora the other day, and Honeybuzz.  And the G4 friends kill me with how cute they are. 

Last, but not least, are the dollymix ponies.  Whatever!  But they are just so tiny and cute, I couldn't resist for long.  I love those petite portable ponies. ;)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal