collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who did you unexpectedly fall for...  (Read 4293 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who did you unexpectedly fall for...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »
I swore I would never own Perfume puffs, but now I have 2...I don't know if I'm in love with them yet...

I also thought G1s in general were ugly at first 9I was a staunch G3 collector) now they are my fave generation.

The ones I am betting I will never love are Baby Merponies, I think they are so bizarre!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:16:41 AM »
I really don't like G2s but I do think the babies are cute. I am not looking for any of them though. I have one G2 that I and shes enough for me.

I also really didn't like the G1 BBE either. I used to give them away practicly but now I have a full set of them... :blink: I really like sleepy pie. Something about white ponies and blue hair like majesty for instance. Same with G1 petites for me  I think they are cute but they just dont rock my world. Now I got all these odd ponies like Dance N prance and drink and wet and the bushy eyebrow princesses. :lol:

When I ran across the first G3s I ever saw in stores. I thought they were odd too after discovering G1s. I have so many now I have to do a recount  :lookround:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:18:14 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 08:17:26 AM »
For me its the Takaras. I thought they were ugliest things ever. And even passed up an opportunity to buy an adult.
Then one day My friend found a MIB pinky for me in Japan for $45 and I fell in love.
I now have 4 takaras in my collection and am just so in love. I love their outfits and all the accessories you can dress them
up in different styles. They are just tooo cute!
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 08:21:55 AM »
Rapunzel.  Growing up I always thougt she was hideous but my god when I finally got one I was smitten. 

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »
Not specific ponies in general but, I've grown quite fond of pink ponies. I used to really dislike/avoid them but as the years have gone by I've found some of my favorite ponies are pink. Valenshy, Hidden Treasure, Heart Throb, Cotton Candy, Locket, etc etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
The original ponies (Cotton Candy, Butterscotch, etc).  I remember I used to feel a bit "meh" about them since they were monochromatic.  However, I bought a Cotton Candy in a lot one day, and fell head-over-heels in love with her.  Then came Butterscotch, whom I found at a thrift store.  I used to not want her, since I'm not a huge fan of yellow.  But I swear she just popped out at me, and I HAD to pick her up! 
What are my feelings now?  Collect ALL the originals!  I actually recently realized I had started a Blossom army without even knowing it, lmao. 

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:55 AM »
For me it was Peachy. I've had her since I was a kid and she was never my favorite. Even when I went through my collection deciding which ones to keep and which ones to sell, Peachy was in my sell pile.

Then, after having her up for sale for like a day, my brain was suddenly "Nooo! Don't want to sell Peachy!" I took her off sale and looked at her again. Suddenly I loved her and her cute little color scheme for some reason. I feel dorky, but I'm keeping her. Maybe even get myself some variants in the future.

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »
Pinkie Pie! I thought the whole pink pony that there are too many of was a little annoying at first, then I got several Pinkie Pies and couldn't stop until I got as many different ones as I could. She's just so pretty. :heart:

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
...Beddy Bye Eyes...

I got them as bait an awful lot, used them as TE Baby customs and then decided I liked the little zombie freaks. Now I have an army. :D

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »
g4's. Fell in love with the show, got a few, customized a few, the rest is history...

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »
Mimic

I got a restored Mimic (pics coming soon) from BabyLicketySplit. She's not perfect but I've fallen hard!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
G4s when I first saw them I didn't really like them then I saw the show and said 'ok maybe just A.J.' and now 'just AJ' has become an entire cabinet full of G4s 

Sokkis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
G2's. At first I thought that they're ugly, but when I restored few I totally fell for them! And now I loooove them. :)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
G3 Cotton Candy. Not a big fan of pink but she's so bright and striking. Her Seascape pose is the best.

Chance

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
For me it was Zecora.

I thought for sure that I didn't want her, even though I really like her character. Then I saw her at TRU, and well... how do I put it... I looked deep in her eyes and she put me in trances! XD

I admit she was an impulse buy, but she's gorgeous and I don't regret it. Her glow-in-the-dark feature is really cool too! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal