collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Look what I found! New Fashion styles in stores!  (Read 12006 times)

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Look what I found! New Fashion styles in stores!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »
My best friend found them in New York today too, so I'm wondering if that means all the other wedding stuff will come out soon too!
These were "prereleased," so they shouldn't have come out yet. BBTS has the wedding line toys slated for June/August.

I know that some companies are really stingy that their merchandise hit the streets on the right day. Some people got iPads shipped to their house from Amazon a day or two early, and Apple flipped. When this happens with video games, Gamestop or Walmart or whatnot gets into huge trouble. Hasbro doesn't seem to be as concerned about this, since their merchandise never has a concrete release date like a book, movie, game or piece of hardware does.

So it's possible that the stores might not care and just throw them on the shelves when they don't have other stock, or maybe they're waiting to set up a display. A TRU in the UK set up a wedding display a while back, so perhaps other TRU will, too? Then there's the extra room to display the extra merch.

I don't know anyone who currently works at a TRU, Target or Walmart, so I can't get any insider info. I just know people who work at McDos.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
Does the new Luna have a 'pearly' body? I have her from taobao and she seems to be a hybrid between the new and old: matte body with glitter, 'pearly' head without glitter and has the new color combo hair. :P
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Phekzhen

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:36 AM »
Does the new Luna have a 'pearly' body? I have her from taobao and she seems to be a hybrid between the new and old: matte body with glitter, 'pearly' head without glitter and has the new color combo hair. :P
The pictures don't have her looking that way, though OP has the final word on this.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 12:26:22 AM »
I definitely like the first Luna's hair color better. It's bad enough they made her purple, they don't need to add extra pink streaks in her hair. I like pink, but there's way too much of it in the line as it is. Of course, I know this is a thing with all girls stuff, not just toys. My brother and his wife are having a baby girl in a few weeks and she doesn't want pink stuff for the baby because she likes purple. But my mom and I are finding it pretty hard to find baby stuff that isn't pink. Not all girls like pink, though. When I was a kid, I loved blue. I actually hated pink until I was an adult.

Anyway, back on subject, I really hope they do release the white Celestia eventually. I figured that now that they have Cadence, they wouldn't need Celestia to be pink anymore.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 12:50:44 AM »
I thought Luna was bluish purple with blue hair. At least it looks that way to me.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Fweepy

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:20 AM »
Congrats on the find! Eeeeee, I'm so excited for a non-glittery Luna!  :frolic:  G4 needs more lovely dark-colored ponies, in my opinion.

I do hope white Celestia really will be hitting stores eventually, because I refuse to pay for the pink one, no matter how pretty she is

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 02:20:33 AM »
Eeeep! Must. Have. Luna. Without. Glitter!

Huge congrats on finding them!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
OMG, I didn't know they were going to release Luna and Celestia seperately! That just totally made my day, I wanted Luna but not enough to buy the big two-pack at Target.

x33 yaay~

Congrats on finding them, too! :D
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 05:04:44 AM »
I managed to get the two pack when it was onsale at target. Meh, I'm not down with buying releases of the same ponies over and over so I'm probably going to pass on buying these since I already have a out of box and in box of the target set.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 06:38:29 AM »
I like these ones much better than the tinsel and glitter versions! Congrats on finding them...

The white Celestia on the back of the box is confusing and I am also going to say a teeny bit worrying because now I ponder as to whether this box should have had white Celestia after all and instead she has ended up being pink - perhaps a retailer issue, perhaps a HB marketing issue. These new FS style princesses did turn up on Taobao around the same time as the white one...hmmmmm....my confidence that white Celestia will be released has now taken a dip.

Pre-released happens occasionally with stock - it happened over here when G4s first arrived in stores - they started turning up in Tesco but none of them were in the system and after trying to purchase them, the mistake was realised and a lot of the displays were whipped back into the back of the stores awaiting until the items were actually in the retailers system which mean they could be out on the floor. I would guess the same with these gals!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
Ah, I didn't notice the pinkness.  It was such a light shade of pink that I mistook it for white--but isn't that Celestia's official color?

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 06:48:07 AM »
I think like the target ones better,
but I'm glad to hear there's new stuff on shelves!!!

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 07:14:46 AM »
Hasbro is really mean for putting that white Celestia on the back of the box, haha. But I'm really excited for these! We don't have a Target in the Netherlands so this is my chance to get Luna and Celestia! Those dresses totally sold them for me. <3

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 07:18:03 AM »
I really like both versions to be honest, they're some of my favorite fashion style releases so I don't mind them only being slightly different :) They are definitely not pearlized, and Luna's hair isn't pink, its a very dark reddish purple. It's actually much more true to her real colors (minus the fuchsia) than the previous one.

I kind of wish her accessories weren't yellow though, it just seems a little jarring against the dark tone of her body. I mean I get it moon yellow blah lol Give me some nice purple or blue shoes!

majikarte

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 07:25:29 AM »
I agree with ShortyBoo, I prefer the Target Luna's hair. But on the other hand, I prefer her without the glitter. I'm also pretty torn on Celestia; this one is really pretty, but the white one is even prettier. But will we ever see the white one released? Seeing her on the back of the box does give me more hope though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal