collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Friend Stories?  (Read 1812 times)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Friend Stories?
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:32:56 PM »
I was thinking today what a wonderful thing it is to have true friends, and it got me thinking: wouldn't it be lovely to read the stories of how the folks on the Arena made their friends? :biggrin:
 I love happy stories, so it would be great to know how you guys met/got to know your friends and besties ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Friend Stories?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »
Fun idea! As for me, I met my best friend at a church group. I had actually been praying for a best friend for a little while before this. After the Bible study was over, all thirty of us went to Starbucks (poor Starbucks people). There were a ton of people I didn't know, but I had gone there to make friends, and darnit, I would talk to people. So I randomly struck up a conversation with the couple in line in front of me. That was Rachel and her husband. We started talking and didn't stop! (I'm an introvert, so that's super rare for me. She's an extrovert, though. :)) We just talked nonstop for an hour after that, learning that we each uncannily liked the same things -- we were both English majors who loved Jane Austen and Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and more. We exchanged numbers, and kept hanging out and building our friendship, and now (four years later) she is my closest friend and someone I know I can share my true feelings with.

It's so strange how outwardly we have opposite personalities, but inwardly we're weirdly similar. I mention things that I've done or that I think and it's the same for her. (Not that we don't have many differences, too.) I've almost learned to stop being surprised that she's similar; I take it for granted now. Anyway, that's how we met. :)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:33:02 PM »
This will be fun to read! :3

For me, I have moved around so so much I didnt meet my best friend until I was 17! That person is now my husband. We met over myspace and started talking, progressing to Skype and phone calls. We took the same classes even though we were 900+ miles apart so we would help each other with homework. He was the math wiz and I was the science geek! xD We also battled and traded pokemon in HGSS and Platinum alll the time over wifi! Most of our conversations were either anime or pokemon. We became the pair later that year, and wanted to meet! We both worked two jobs and flew to see eachother twice a year! It wasnt intil I was 19 we moved in together! To this day, he is stil my BFF. We are still tacky and nerdy as ever! Im so thankful we met and I got to marry my best friend!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:34:37 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »
My best friend is also my husband... Our story is not that different from Princess Lala's- we met online when we were teenagers, in an RP group, became good friends then dated long distance throughout college, then he moved in with me after we were out of school. We've been married 7 years now.
Not a super exciting story or anything but that's the truth.  :blush:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »
My only friend (well, my only friend besides my boyfriend, that is) and I actually met on the old Arena site when we were arranging to go to that MLP Live show together in, I think it was 2007 or '08.  Fun times.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »
I have people whom I speak with online and meet up with sometimes, but as far as real life?  I honestly don't have any friends in real life...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:56:57 AM »
My best friend will be my husband, we are just boyfriend and girlfriend now. We met online on Neopets when I was 12 and he was 15, almost 15 years ago! Wow that's a trip to see how long it's been. I came across his profile randomly and he had a super impressive account. Strong pets and all that. I was impressed and messaged him to ask him how. We moved to MSN chats and because he was a teenager and I was a kid he wasn't too interested in me at first :lol: We eventually became very close and talked to each other often for 12 hours at a time. We at some point moved to phone calls.

As I got older I dated many guys and he was secretly falling in love with me. I got tiny hints when he occasionally showed jealousy (like a few times ever throughout all of those years), but I denied it, and he overall kept it very locked up and always was there for advice about other men. He eventually confessed in a letter so emotionally charged my face was red as I read it and I had to take some breaks and walk away, was too flustered and overwhelmed. I believe I was with someone at that time... and was for about 6 months longer. After my ex and I called it quits I began toying with the idea of actually being with my best friend. Eventually I became fond of the idea and we pursued a real relationship together. He's fabulous. He's the smartest man I've ever known personally. He's cute, he's the most loyal guy and the most honest guy and he just has all of the best qualities. He's the best person alive imo. :)

Anyway! No other best friends besides him. I had bad luck in that department with females. One is dead now, the other is insane and hooked on drugs and pretending to be a girl who is dead who she's obsessed with (she has changed her name to be almost the same, she changed her look to look like her, bought a new warddrobe like hers, reads all the dead girl's favorite books and listens to her favorite bands and reads her online journal obsessively), the other really messed up our relationship in a way I won't mention on here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:58:39 AM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »
I was around 6 years old and some new neighbours moved in across the street, twin girls aged 4. I asked them if they wanted to play, and that was that! We have been friends for about 24 years now.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »
I also wanted to add that I have met so many amazing people here on the Arena that I talk to daily!! I havnt met ya'll in person but I love you guys!!! :grouphug: I amazed all the time how MLP has helped bring people together!! I know its corny but hey I mean it!!

I actually have two more people I can say are my best friends, but I met them at work via a funny reason! xD My two gamer friends, James and Marshall, omg we met because we sat close to each other in the breakroom and were at the right place at the right time. On lunch there was this girl that worked with us in the past would argue about conspiracy theories and one day she got up and told everyone George Washington wasnt a real psychical person and we have all been lied to. :rofl:  We all 3 laughed about it on her day off and started talking- turns out, all 3 of us were into anime and video games!? What luck! I hang out with those fellas every single day on lunch and on our days off-ironically we ALL have the same days off! Friends that were meant to be! :D

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
My best friend passed me a note. It said something along the lines of "If you ever need a friend you can call me" and her phone number. Apparently she saw me and thought I looked lonely. Me being me and not wanting to be rude to someone who was reaching out to me, even if I had no clue why, delivered a note with my number next I saw her. I hate making phone calls... *shrugs* She called and.... well..... 16-ish years later and a state apart and we are still best friends.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:16 PM »
My best friend passed me a note. It said something along the lines of "If you ever need a friend you can call me" and her phone number. Apparently she saw me and thought I looked lonely. Me being me and not wanting to be rude to someone who was reaching out to me, even if I had no clue why, delivered a note with my number next I saw her. I hate making phone calls... *shrugs* She called and.... well..... 16-ish years later and a state apart and we are still best friends.

That's nice. :) People who are bold like that are so cool. I remember in 8th grade I met one of my friends because it was her first day and she turned around and said "bloopbloopbloop" while sticking out her tongue and scribbled on my paper. lollll. She made a lot of friends quickly. She's a really funny girl.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 10:03:07 PM »
I met my bestie through work. We have always had a very rocky relationship as we constantly fight but its healthier than keeping that crap bottled up. We worked directly with each other for a while, then I left the job after a fight with higher management  (im a bit of an aggressive person when I feel the need) and we've kept pretty close.

Ive been out of the old job for over 12 months and we are always working out our spare time around each other. We rarely do anything on our own, if one needs their nails done we both go, or shopping
, or anything really from looking for new clothes to getting tattoos or piercings.

Although we have a roller coaster type relationship we both move on quickly and I think we are much stronger for it. Really our friendship is healthier than most relationships without the living together and stuff.

I think part of the reason we tolerate each other is we normally level each other out, and were both bitches that hate everyone. I love her to bits, and know it doesn't matter if she is angry with me, if I need her she will be there for me.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »
Its nice to read all these stories :)

Thinking of friends often makes me a little sad... To be honest, I have trouble finding friends and If I meet someone and realize that I really like the person, they move on after a short while or they already have enough friends and dont need me. Its hard to explain in english.
I thought I had some good friends once but I lost them all when I got pregnant back then, so I think today they might not have been true friends.

Later, about 9 or 10 years ago now, I found two people I considered friends, one of them was really really close to me.
We talked every day for years, we visited each other, we shares secrets, we were there for each other and all the stuff true friends do...But then one day she happily told me that her best friend forever was coming to visit and how much she was looking forward to that and stupid as I am I thought 'oh, had I planned a visit and forgot about?'. In fact she didnt mean me with 'best friend' as I realized later. It kinda broke my heart and our relationship wasnt the same ever since. I dont know if she realized it, I dont think she did. It got worse when she started a new job... now she never has time to meet or even call because she already planned this or that with one co-worker or another and so on. I dont think she misses me.

The other one already had tons of friends when we met... I dont think I ever was important to her as much as she was for me as everything she had with me she could easily have with any other person. We sometimes spend time together and I really enjoy it, I really do! But as close as we are when shes here and as much I love to spend time with her... the moment when she leaves is the moment I realize that she does not need me and wont miss me. We dont live near each other so we dont meet often.

The only person I would really consider a friend is my husband. It hard to explain what I mean, but Ill do my best!
It was 2003 when we met, in the very same year our daughter was born. We met on the internet, talked via email and met in real-life soon after we first emailed. We fell in love and had a good time for a while but to be honest, at first it didnt look like a true romance... not until I got pregnant. First night together and pregnant, yay,... Well, I was sure he would leave but : he didnt ! We agreed on having that baby and yes, she is 11 years old today, being 12 in november. And we are still together. But it was complicated, really complicated. He wanted to be there for me and the child because he felt he had to and so we tried our best to get to know each other. Sadly the pregnancy was not so great; I got really sick and almost lost my life in the end but he stayed by my side and tried his best. I remember how awkward it had felt, practically sitting there with a stranger and discussing so many private details and stuff (the pregnancy you know).
As we both liked each other we thought love might come if we only tried. And we tried really hard to get together, to get to know each other but it wasnt easy. When our daughter was born it got even harder because of all the medical issues and stuff. We simply didnt have time for building a true relationship, we just functioned for our kid. But with the years going by we both realized, that, due to all the stuff we had to go through, we formed a really close band. Love came at least (and stayed) but more important : we grew a friendship that I have never ever experienced in life before. I mean, I love him and I know he loves me but we also are best friends forever; he is the one I would share my deepest secrets with. It still isnt always easy to be lovers and best friends lol.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »
My best friend is also my husband... Our story is not that different from Princess Lala's- we met online when we were teenagers, in an RP group, became good friends then dated long distance throughout college, then he moved in with me after we were out of school. We've been married 7 years now.
Not a super exciting story or anything but that's the truth.  :blush:
One of my best friends is also my kind-of-ex/still love of my life. We met online in an RP chat room on AOL, a little over 11/12 years ago. He moved in with me around 2008/2009. I don't remember exactly. Haha.

But, my best friend and I met in middle school, we were 13 years old, I think. She had just moved to our town and there was something about her that I just knew I had to talk to her. I may say that my lifelove is my soul mate, but she's closer to me than anyone else in the world. I consider her my soul mate. We talk very infrequently but I know without doubt she's always there for me.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 11:18:50 AM »
Its nice to read all these stories :)

Thinking of friends often makes me a little sad... To be honest, I have trouble finding friends and If I meet someone and realize that I really like the person, they move on after a short while or they already have enough friends and dont need me. Its hard to explain in english.

I know exactly what you mean, Einhornbaby, I've often had the same problem. Like you, my best friend and the only person I'm really close to on a day-to-day basis is the man I'm now married to. We've been together for years and years, and it's probably only a matter of time before we start finishing each other's sentences  :lol:

I met my childhood best friend when her family moved to my town and invited a few nearby families over for a sort of housewarming. We bonded straight away over our mutual love of My Little Pony, and were inseparable for the next six years, until her family moved away again and we ended up drifting apart. After that I never found anyone I really clicked with until I met Mr DalaPony at a football match (we support the same team) and the rest was history...

As a shy introvert I've never found it easy to make friends, but I'm working on getting to know one or two people now I'm in London and I hope one day to have at least a couple of good friends here!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal