collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 107131 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1845 on: May 30, 2024, 05:43:41 AM »
oh no BC. is the burn really bad? :hug: :hug:

no a trivial complaint at all. not really a complaint but i don't want to start a thread. yesterday early in the morning we think lightning struck my parents' house and started a fire. thankfully between the smoke detectors and one of their neighbors they were able to get out safely. so no damage that can't be undone.

their house is in really bad shape. the fire was on the roof and in the attic so the roof and sheetrock collapse in their living room, main bedroom, and office. which is where they have most of the stuff they use all the time. my dad's laptop and my mom's iPad were destroyed along with a ton of other stuff. and water from rain and putting out the fire was all over the house.

their insurance pays for temporary housing so they have a place to stay. i don't have a proper guest room just a office/pony room/guest room where the desk takes up most of the room. it will probably be months before they can living in their house again so not ideal for the long term.

i'm still in a state of shock over it. i was scared to death when i woke up to multiple calls/texts in the middle of the night. i thought something happened to my mom. so i was relieve that they're ok but it's going to be hard for them to start over at their ages.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 30, 2024, 06:25:56 AM »
oh my goodness I am glad they are safe but ohhhh how terrible. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1847 on: May 30, 2024, 07:21:51 AM »
How scary! I'm glad they are okay. I hope the repairs won't take too long.

The burn hurts but I still have my skin. Luckily, I let the kettle sit for a few minutes. I'm not sure what happened. I think I absentmindedly grabbed the Aeropress as I poured the water but it came over the side and hit my hand between my index finger and thumb. The worst part is that there's no such thing as cold tap water right now, it's lukewarm at best. I used ice.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 30, 2024, 08:57:21 AM »
thanks everyone. :hug:

it's been a bad time for my immediate family. we're still waiting on the insurance adjuster to come out. but we had someone from the restoration company the insurance uses out yesterday. she wasn't able to give a timeline yet but she said the damage was bad and my parents were lucky to get out in time. we think the rain may have kept the fire from spreading so rapidly. i think mother nature hates my parents. first floods and now that they moved from the flood prone areas we have this.

i hope your hand heals well BC :hug: ice usually helps.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1849 on: May 30, 2024, 10:10:08 AM »
That sucks, Beth. I'm glad they were safe at least.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 30, 2024, 10:58:43 AM »
So much construction and renovations going on at our house... Our neighbors are replacing their fence as well so we have twice the contractors.

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1851 on: May 30, 2024, 01:25:43 PM »
Glad to hear your parents weren't hurt, Beth! That is so scary, and I'm sorry for the damage :(

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 30, 2024, 03:36:34 PM »
I went to hang out with a friend last weekend, and I was greeted by her husband who said, “She’s waiting out back for you.” Immediately, I was thinking of how I didn’t want to go outside because it was hot (I read her thermometer:104 degrees F), but I met her outside. She was sitting down, and I could see she was fuming mad. So I sat next to her thinking, “Okay, she needs to let off some steam.” She was upset about how her husband was forced to go on leave, and now she’s worried he’ll lose his job. Understandable. Then she handed me a tape measure and said she needed my help with measurements. Okay, fine. Fast forward to me being in broad sunlight (I’m fair skinned but didn’t wear sunscreen because I thought we would be inside so I got sunburned), bit by mosquitos, her spray painting my shoe when making the measurement marks, then her saying she was going to dig holes where these marks were (2 feet down for concrete pours in this hard Arizona dirt), and about a quarter of a hole done, I ended up digging the rest of that hole, plus 4 more holes. I finally quit and said I was going inside and played with her cat. Her husband apologized to me “Sorry she invited you over for THAT. I don’t know what’s wrong with her. She basically invited you over for doing manual labor.” I just was like… Yeah it sucks, but you didn’t do it. She owes me the apology. The kicker is that the last time we hung out, she roped me into helping her do her taxes. The time before that, we did her shopping, and I explained that I cut my aunt out of my life because she would only invite me over to do her favors. And the time before that, she had me baking several dozens of batches of cookies and didn’t let me have a single one! Honestly, if she explained ANY of these situations to me beforehand and asked for my help, I likely would have said yes. But the fact is that she sprung these on me. Now I feel foolish for being used.  -_- I’m done with her.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1853 on: May 30, 2024, 04:14:28 PM »
It's 13 minutes past midnight, and someone has their kids running up and down the street laughing and yelling as though it's 4 in the afternoon.

It's AFTER MIDNIGHT people.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: Yesterday at 06:08:08 AM »
we had a ton of rain come through and my parent's house still doesn't have a tarp over the collapsed roof  :sad:

update: the tarp was on my dad just forgot to tell me
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:18:31 AM by Beth3346 »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: Yesterday at 03:34:24 PM »
Beth, I'm so sorry that happened to your parents.  I can't even imagine how scary that must have been for you and your parents.

I'm really sad today. 

My dad has been really whiny lately.  He keeps saying my mom and I eat too fast and rush through meals.  We do eat faster than him since  he
eats super slowly, but a large part of why he doesn't get done as fast as we do is my dad will get up while we're eating and start doing other things and then return to his meal.  Of course, if he does that, he going to finish a lot later than my mom and I do.  I'm sure if I did the same thing I'd be told to sit down and eat and the other stuff could wait until later, yet he does it and then complains when he's the last one to finish eating. 

I do eat a little fast sometimes because I'm really hungry especially if it's been a long time since my last meal or if the previous meal wasn't much. 

Also yesterday, my dad said I could pick the restaurant we were going to eat at, but when I told him, he didn't like what I picked and insisted we go where he wanted instead.  I could have argued, but it would have ended with him getting angry and never letting it go.

Yesterday my dad almost hit a parked car.  How do you not see a car parked right in front of you?  He had to jerk the wheel at the last minute to avoid hitting it. 

My dad called a guy to give him an estimate on cutting back some of the huge tree branches that are touching the roof, but he never showed up yesterday or today.

I laid down on the couch for a few minutes because I was really sleepy.  My mom came in and woke me up asking me if I didn't feel good.  I didn't go back to sleep after that.

Also, I didn't see a metal bar in front of the refrigerated cases at the store and slammed my leg in to it

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:36:47 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1856 on: Yesterday at 04:40:02 PM »
I haven't been sleeping due to being out of one of my medications, but last night it finally caught up with me. I slept all day. I had a very strange dream that seemed absolutely real. I am usually a lucid dreamer, but this one I was trapped in. It's been on my mind since I woke up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal