collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Here Like Pizza Pizza?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Anyone Here Like Pizza Pizza?
« on: August 21, 2016, 11:04:39 PM »
It's a Canadian pizza chain, so not everyone may have heard of it. It's not my favorite pizza chain--that's a semi-local one called Brenda's Pizza Factory that has amazing garlic butter crust--but they DO make really awesome chicken strips and potato wedges. I live in a tiny town, so being able to get pizza or chicken delivered to my door is nice. :lol:

Also, they've now sent me two survey requests where I've been able to spend about 5 minutes and get a code for a free box of potato wedges (worth about $4.50 with tax?) which is awesome.

I figured I'd see if anyone else had heard of them. If not, what -is- your favorite place to get delivery / takeout?

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Here Like Pizza Pizza?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
It's average. I guess I would consider it my go to place if I want a slice or panzerroti, but usually only because it's closest. I would end up in one maybe once every 3-6 months. I haven't had anything but their pizza for at least a decade, so I couldn't comment on their other options. If I'm going for chain pizza, it's usually Little Caesars (because it's cheap and zero wait time) or Pizza Hut.

There are LOTS of pizza options here, and I like to try any new ones I stumble upon. Libretto is our new usual pizza place of choice when we go out, kind of on the upper end where you would use a fork and knife, but it's really good. We also just discovered this quaint little pizza place at Niagara on the Lake when we drove up which was amazing. Likewise, nothing beats homemade pizza.  ^.^

Also, I had this amazing comfort food-like pizza in Seattle that I have been missing like crazy. The only way I can describe it is that it tastes like what it looks like (you know if you see a picture you try to imagine the flavour?). Have yet to find a pizza here that is comparable.  >_<

I like pizza. :lol:

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:50:54 PM »
I like it. It's not the best I've ever had, but for the price it's pretty good. And I love the dipping sauces! LOL  We don't have Pizza Pizza out in Alberta that I'm aware of - the equivalent is Pizza 73, which is exactly the same thing down to the design of the delivery boxes. The only difference is the name. We order from them about once a month. They always get the order right and are at our door within 20 minutes, so it's nice when we've been out all day and are too lazy to make anything!

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
Yes, totally agree about the dipping sauces. My favorite is their Creamy Garlic.

Swap Wishlist

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:09 AM »
I like pizza but we don't have that here.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:02 AM »
I cant have it but that's the go to joint for the family.

When I was able to have pizza I honestly preferred dominos or little ceasers.

ETA: Pizza nova makes a pizza I CAN have but I only get it maybe twice a year.  Its more expensive and out of the way.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:44:10 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »
My dad told me at the border decades ago they'd ask "what's pizza pizza's phone number" to catch those lying about being from Toronto. Even if you never had the pizza, that phone number is seared into your brain.

and yeah, as a kid it was one of the only chain pizzas I would touch (Pizza pizza or Pizza Nova. There was another place called Venezia pizza I liked too). Now... sadly I get to enjoy sad little gluten free pizzas. not the same.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
I've never heard of it, but it's funny because we have a chain where I live called Little Ceasar's, and their catch phrase is (was? been a while since I heard a commercial) "Pizza pizza!" so the title of Pizza Pizza certainly made me think of that.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 08:10:08 AM »
Oh god..yes.  Now I have that stuck in my head o.o

may not work for someone not from Canada that has heard of it though

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 10:58:56 AM »
I've never heard of it, but it's funny because we have a chain where I live called Little Ceasar's, and their catch phrase is (was? been a while since I heard a commercial) "Pizza pizza!" so the title of Pizza Pizza certainly made me think of that.  :lol:

My OH is from Alberta and moved to BC as a young teenager. He thought I was talking about little ceasers  too when I told him about Pizza Pizza and was mortified I thought it was a decent take out. So I took him PP so he could have a slice when we were visiting TO. They're nothing alike. :)

I personally found LC's bland, too sweet and doughy. only ever had a single bite of that, same with dominos. my friends seemed to devour it though. My folks for some reason would order pizza hut, and complain later they felt icky. Pizza hut coming in the door meant leftovers, any leftovers for me instead. Always a super picky eater.

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »
The best thing about LC is their crazy bread.

Swap Wishlist

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 11:18:13 AM »

I only ever tried a single bite of their walk in special (pepperoni) at a party. nope. Luckily I had a friend who was eager for another slice and didn't care about my germs. :P

Guessing crazy bread is breadsticks?

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »

I only ever tried a single bite of their walk in special (pepperoni) at a party. nope. Luckily I had a friend who was eager for another slice and didn't care about my germs. :P

Guessing crazy bread is breadsticks?

Yep, breadsticks coated in garlic. Mmmm...

Swap Wishlist

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »
I thought at first this topic referred to Little Ceaser's pizza also. I don't have a Pizza Pizza close by. My family usually gets Little Ceaser's pizza and uses it as a base for adding our own toppings or we make our own pizza from scratch. My family doesn't seem to like Pizza Hut much but last time I had it, it was good.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 03:28:40 AM »
Like a few others, I opened this thread thinking the OP was talking about Little Caesars. I was like, "I guess they can't remember the name of the restaurant." :lol:

Little Caesars is my favorite pizza and I eat there once a week. I usually order a cheese pizza or a cheese lunch combo (which is the Deep Deep Dish without pepperoni). I also really love their stuffed crust pizza.

We used to go to Pizza Hut a lot, and I still eat their pizzas a few times a year, but Little Caesars is cheaper and faster...and very good for $5 pizza. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal