collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65627 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2022, 05:55:35 AM »
Sorry you don't have enough time, PBW. Some days I feel like that too. Maybe you should set aside a certain amount of time to do each thing, set an alarm for when time is up and move to something else. Or set aside a day where you catch up on Youtube or knit and do nothing else (unless it's important of course). I tend to let the housework get behind for a day or two and then use the next day to do just that. Wash dishes, clean the cat litter, gather garbage, etc. Today is that day, actually.

My plans for today is to do the housework, which shouldn't take too long, and then start on my Halloween swap custom now that I've settled on a base. I need to go through my hair too. I shouldn't have to order any but I want to make sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2022, 08:14:05 AM »
Cheers BC!!! *whispering* glow in the dark hair exist & i hope you have some...

Got the photos on the PC, & once one is on a Discord or other piccie site I can add it here. Hmmm... I think Discord, peeps there may want to see too. Got more knitting done & a bit more baking. Today another package arrived: the PKW package. See What Made Me Smile about the elephant fakie, & I also got a glowy badge, a shirt pattern, two shirts, a dress, & three bandannas. Going to order more dresses later, also will be fun picking the lucky Boys...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2022, 06:16:17 AM »
I do not have GITD hair actually. But I do have color change thermal hair :)

Glad you got some things done, PBW!

Today I'll be working mostly on my swap pony.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2022, 09:18:11 AM »
Brag pic is up at least!!! And I sorted yesterday's package out too. But mostly buying stuff. More toy animals this time to go with Ponies than actual Ponies though, & I found some fun ones, but it took a long time to search them out. My fave mals for Ponies are the Schleich ones & similar sized, especially the smaller ones like cats, dogs, rabbits, & birds. I also found some cute woodland mal figures, like deer & squirrels & hedgehogs. I also found some fun farm accessories, which I hope are the right size. I even have a farm building!!!

Thermal hair is great too BC, but I must admit I prefer glow hair & UV react hair (another thing which is available & goes well with summery Ponies). Here's hoping your Custom work goes well xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2022, 01:52:27 PM »
Hello both, hope you're well. I've been camping! Well, nearly. I booked a campsite for one night, but having checked my tent and thought it was fine, I discovered that the floor had gone mouldy so we couldn't stay. Deciding to go to the beach for the rest of the afternoon we pulled up in the carpark and discovered a nail through one of my tyres. Before driving home on the space saver, we planned to get some fish and chips but discovered that the chip shop was so crowded it was like a sauna so mindful of COVID, we left. Then the curry house we chose didn't take cash. Eventually we got home with a curry.

The highlights were that we met an intriguing old grey cat at the campsite and then had a brief walk in a beechwood which was nice. Then on the way home we met an intriguing old grey dog, no connection. The sunset while we were driving home (at 50mph) was also nice. I felt adventurous, and glad to have tested the camping gear. Husband hated it and spent most of today a bit depressed, probably because of the expense of a new tyre. I've soaked the tent in milton fluid and I'm hoping that it will live to see another day. Note to self: we never got as far as checking the inflatable bed!! Better do that well in advance next time.

@PBW will check out your brag :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2022, 08:37:12 PM »
I went to take a bath and spotted a gecko running around in the tub.  Tried to catch it but it ran down the drain.  We took off the cover and can see it sitting there.  I don’t want it to drown so it’s a waiting game for it to come out again.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2022, 06:22:49 AM »
I'd suggest putting down some food, but geckos only eat insects. Unless you have some mealworms or something. I hope you can catch it!

That sounds nice, Artie :) Sorry the camping didn't go as planned though. I've never been camping, even as a kid. The closest thing was staying in a tent in a friend's backyard.

Today I am making myself work on my swap custom. I haven't done anything with it except prep and some simple armature. I also want to make a lasagna for lunch/dinner. I don't have any eggs and can't get any so it will probably end up runny but that's okay.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2022, 10:23:06 AM »
I went to take a bath and spotted a gecko running around in the tub.  Tried to catch it but it ran down the drain.  We took off the cover and can see it sitting there.  I don’t want it to drown so it’s a waiting game for it to come out again.

Oh wow, so cute! I've only every seen them in a zoo. Also sending good wishes for the small gecko that hid in the drain  :lol:

I also want to make a lasagna for lunch/dinner. I don't have any eggs and can't get any so it will probably end up runny but that's okay.

I'm confused about the eggs in the lasagne. Are you making the pasta from scratch? If not I have a recipe for lasagne without eggs.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2022, 10:26:47 AM »
sometimes i put egg in the cheese filling. it just helps it hold together. kind of like when you make meatballs. but sometimes i forget and it's mostly fine.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2022, 10:35:39 AM »
sometimes i put egg in the cheese filling. it just helps it hold together. kind of like when you make meatballs. but sometimes i forget and it's mostly fine.

OK so do you cook equal parts butter and flour together to make a rue? And then take it off the heat and stir in milk until the mixture is smooth? And then do you put it back on the heat and stir, and as you stir does it get thicker? And then you add cheese? Sometimes it comes out very thick I find. Mmm, lasagne  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2022, 11:07:58 AM »
Yeah, most recipes call for an egg to be mixed with the cheese. I'm not making anything from scratch :lol: Just regular lasagna noodles, pasta sauce and diced tomatoes, ricotta cheese, parmesan and smoked provolone (I like the flavor it adds). No meat. If you add enough sauce the noodles will cook in the oven. I don't pre cook them and no bake noodles are only offered at Walmart from Barilla and I don't buy from them.

But it looks like I might have to hold off on it for today. It's already 2pm. I forgot I had a 10am Zoom meeting with my mental health caseworker and she spent an hour and fifteen minutes with me but that's only because she likes to ramble. I like her just fine but I'm glad she's not a therapist because she talks too much :P Then I had other things to do around the house. I haven't touched the custom yet either. Now I'm tired.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »
Today is my moms 60th birthday. Nothing much planned for it. Just hanging out at home and doing nothing today.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2022, 04:14:33 AM »
Is it not spelt roux??? And why are they so hard to make??? Reason I ask is because i want to avoid going the egg route where possible. Every recipe I've made so far has been eggless & used "buttermilk" (fresh milk & a little vinegar to curdle it a little - apparently this also works with vegan milks)

Camping sounds fun!!! Shame it didn't work out & there were mishaps, especially the tyre, but glad you had some fun times & I hope you save the tent!!!

Happy birthday Rainlove's Mum!!! Is she the one who is part of the Custom Pony Friend group???

BC I sympathise with rambling talkers. I often feel like, get to the point already!!! I also understand how you plan to do something then it somehow never happens... Life can often get in the way of everything like that

Brightberry I hope you save the gecko!!! Sounds like a wee cutie xxx

Myself, I've been researching something I heard about which could help: LED lightbulbs. Apparently they're even better than energy savers, in both economy of use & lasting time. Bought myself some to start using when my ES bulbs die on me. Some of my toy mals arrived, & I've managed to get the recycling out. They don't take glass from the kerb here, so I'll have to cart my jars & bottles to the skip at some point. Made Coffee this week as feeling much better, also got more electricity in & a few bits from the Coop. Postponing the big shop until I need it to try giving my freezer a break. I really need that emptied so I can defrost it, as that's well overdue, & after the heatwaves & its struggling I think it will be good for it. At least until I can look out for a new one

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »
You're right it probably is roux, I imagine it's a French word. I don't find it hard any more, my Mum showed me how to do it ages ago. Equal parts butter and flour. Melt together then cook on a gentle heat for a few minutes until the floury appearance has gone. Then take it off the heat, stir in cold milk until there are no lumps. Use a whisk if you like. Put it back on a moderate heat and stir constantly as it thickens. Add cheese. Cheers, I have been working on the tent and I think it will live! Glad you're feeling better and made it to coffee etc.

@BC smoked cheese sounds good with it, hope you get to make it another day.

I'm feeling feverish and feeling really flat exhausted since yesterday. Waiting for COVID tests to arrive in the post. Something fun to report... mmm... harvested the first squashes yesterday. Tried to get my black cat to pose with a pumpkin but apparently it's not in his job description...

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2022, 04:48:55 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes for the gecko!  I put a glass jar with slightly warmed towel in the tub and little plastic bottle caps with water nearby.  But, it never showed up during the night and we can't see it in the drain anymore.  I hope it's ok.  I have no idea where it might be in the house.  Can't really close doors to keep it in as it's small enough to go under them.  I'm hoping it works it's way back outside but if I see it, I'll help it along.

Oh wow, so cute! I've only every seen them in a zoo. Also sending good wishes for the small gecko that hid in the drain  :lol:

:lol: The first time I saw a gecko in person is when several fell on my head after moving to Texas.  I didn't know what was going on but things were crawling in my hair.  Fortunately, everyone was fine... after the screams.   

@Artemesia I hope you don't have covid.   :(

For lasagna, I make the sauce.  But the cheese mix is just mozzarella and cottage cheese.  Oh, and I make noodles like BlackCurtains.  It's not extravagant but it's how my mother made it so the taste is very familiar.  I love lasagna all the ways it's cooked though.  A friend uses thin pepper slices to make heart decorations on top.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 04:51:57 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal