collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Update on my job interview today-HELP!  (Read 1839 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Update on my job interview today-HELP!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »

I would wait another day (if they still had interviews just yesterday, it's standard to give at least a day after for their decision process). If you have heard by tomorrow, I would contact them - not to beg/plead/pester them for an answer - just say you would just like to follow up on your interview of X date.

If you sound panicky when contacting them, it will put them off. You want to seem in control and professional.

All of the above! :-)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »
When I was on interviews everyone said they would call within a week or two weeks. Well.. one took two and a half week and another one 4. My theory was that they wanted to bring me to panic, lol. They almost suceeded, the anxiety was killing me. But since I got a job I had almost forgotten about the place that took four weeks to call back.

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
When I was on interviews everyone said they would call within a week or two weeks. Well.. one took two and a half week and another one 4. My theory was that they wanted to bring me to panic, lol. They almost suceeded, the anxiety was killing me. But since I got a job I had almost forgotten about the place that took four weeks to call back.

Wow 4 weeks, I would of had a nervous breakdown by then and lost a lot of weight :lol: Actually I would of either called or written to them after a week or just assumed that I didn't get the job and that they just want to avoid calling everyone they've rejected and give them the bad news :P  I've actually heard that some places don't call people back if it's to reject them, really rude and disrespectful if you ask me :huh:

It's just that they said they would call late Wednesday afternoon and still nothing. I have thought that perhaps they had the last candidate in very late Wednesday afternoon and didn't reach to discuss who they want. It's just aking me nervous because if I was definitely the right one for the job, you'd think they would of called by now :huh: But maybe they don't always do that, I just think it stinks to let people suffer more than necessary waiting for the call :lol: If my interview hadn't gone as well as it did, I would just assume at this point it wasn't me they wanted and moved on.

I've also talked with my job coach last night and she feels that since they were so positive during the interview and afterwards, that I still have a shot at the job. She's thinking that perhaps they're just really busy or something else is distracting them, it's hard to know. But she agrees with you all that if I don't hear from them today, I should call Tuesday morning (Monday is a holiday here) and pretty much do what Kiwi suggested :)

The suspense is really killing me though and is affecting my appetite :yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 01:58:59 AM »

Wow 4 weeks, I would of had a nervous breakdown by then and lost a lot of weight :lol: Actually I would of either called or written to them after a week or just assumed that I didn't get the job and that they just want to avoid calling everyone they've rejected and give them the bad news :P  I've actually heard that some places don't call people back if it's to reject them, really rude and disrespectful if you ask me :huh:

I almost had one, I even turned off my cellphone for two days because I couldn't take the suspens and when I turned it on, my anxiety had trippled because what if they had called while it was off.. The reason I didn't call them was because I really didn't want the job. I felt it directly on the interview that it was not the place for me, but if they offered me a job I couldn't say no because then I would've lost my unemployment and if I called them, it would sound like I wanted it and maybe I would get it therefor. It was a huge hurricane of anxiety and emotions that I wont wish anyone to experience. Luckily the place I'm at now called first so when they did call to tell me I hadn't gotten the job, I was like "it's cool, I've been working for two weeks already!"

I'm guessing they haven't called you because they haven't decided yet. Maybe they had two or three really good candidates and are debating on who to hire. It's their future collegue they're hiring so they must make the right decision. :)

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 05:52:43 AM »
I almost had one, I even turned off my cellphone for two days because I couldn't take the suspens and when I turned it on, my anxiety had trippled because what if they had called while it was off.. The reason I didn't call them was because I really didn't want the job. I felt it directly on the interview that it was not the place for me, but if they offered me a job I couldn't say no because then I would've lost my unemployment and if I called them, it would sound like I wanted it and maybe I would get it therefor. It was a huge hurricane of anxiety and emotions that I wont wish anyone to experience. Luckily the place I'm at now called first so when they did call to tell me I hadn't gotten the job, I was like "it's cool, I've been working for two weeks already!"

Wow I can see the problem if you don't actually want the job at all and are afraid that if they offer you take it :huh: Luckily you got the job you wanted but it sounded like you went through a lot of anxiety before that :stressed: But if they had offered it, maybe you could of applied to other jobs in the meantime? It's always easier to get another job if you already have one. Not cool to the people who hired you but sometimes you have to be selfish and do what's right for you.

I'm guessing they haven't called you because they haven't decided yet. Maybe they had two or three really good candidates and are debating on who to hire. It's their future collegue they're hiring so they must make the right decision. :)

This is what I've been leaning mostly towards. I'm afraid though that I'm up against someone with more experience since I doubt that they have found any other newly-educated Lab Techs that can show the same great results I have shown during my studies or who have 2 absolutely glowing recommendations. I can probably also offer someone who's a lot better in English (I grew up in the US and moved here when I was 16) than anyone who's Danish and also someone who's more enthusiastic since I'm interested in the job and really want to get to work after 6 months of unemployment but who knows. I've also told them I'm really loyal and wouldn't apply for a new job unless I found the workplace to be unbearable e.g. nasty coworkers (which I don't think they are at all ^.^ ) and, which was unsaid, not do it because I want more in pay (like most people who change jobs do it for). I also have a Master's Degree in biotech and the professor (who probably has the last word) felt it definitely is an asset to the job and I seriously doubt any of the other candidates have anything other than their Lab Tech degrees.

It's so hard to tell what they're debating since I know absolutely nothing about the competition. But hopefully it'll go to me because I really need someone to give me a chance and see I'm really good at my job after a very, very short training period :hope:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal