collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 61692 times)

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
Congrats on getting them! Don't you just love them? Have/are you going to open them? At first I wasn't going to since all my other comic con exclusives are still in box, but I had to get my hands on the sparkly ponies. And they look much nicer out of the box, the glitter ones don't stand out as much in the box.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »
Congrats on getting them! Don't you just love them? Have/are you going to open them? At first I wasn't going to since all my other comic con exclusives are still in box, but I had to get my hands on the sparkly ponies. And they look much nicer out of the box, the glitter ones don't stand out as much in the box.

Thank you!

I was debating what to do! XD I was going to wait until I got the regular ones to see if I wanted to take them out.

Besides the clear tab on the side. If i just cut only that, can I easily pull the inner carton out and put it back in the package exactly? Is there other secrete tape or ties?
~Foxtale~

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »

Thank you!

I was debating what to do! XD I was going to wait until I got the regular ones to see if I wanted to take them out.

Besides the clear tab on the side. If i just cut only that, can I easily pull the inner carton out and put it back in the package exactly? Is there other secrete tape or ties?

That's what I was curious about to. Nope, just the clear circle tape on each side of the box. I found it easier to open the side with Snuzzle on it though. I first tried the side with Gusty and almost ripped the corner so I tried the side with Snuzzle and it was a lot easier to open. So I did the others the same way and no problem.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
Congrats Foxtale. :)

I am still trying to find the regular blind boxes in my area. I checked several stores today with no luck.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
Oh man... they are pretty cute. I'm planning a trip to Barnes and Noble on Monday, too. If I see any there I might pick one up.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »
My three figures came in today and I got the back-cards but not the boxes.  I sent the seller a message asking if the boxes can be sent along.  I guess it was my misunderstanding, but I'm kind of in the habit of keeping this kind of thing in their boxes when I buy them new and I'm not sure why I wouldn't automatically get the boxes with something described as "fresh out of the case".

I'm also not quite as pleased with them in person as I had hoped.  The proportions and the articulation just really aren't very good.  Also I think the lack of the expected boxes with art is probably clouding my enjoyment of the figures.

Maybe they'll grow on me.  I guess nothing is ever quite as good as an original G1 pony, which have spoiled me it seems.  I just got Applejack to stand in a fun pose so I think I'm going to be OK with these, just not thrilled per se.

edit:  the seller responded: "Boxes for these are no good.  Glass Shelving for display are perfect for these figures"

What the HEck??  I need feedback from others.  Should I just return these?  I spent $55 for three new (least uncommon) figures and I don't get the boxes with all their art and etc.  I only bought these for this price as it was less than $5 over buying them retail but retail I'd have the dumb box.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:34:05 PM by lostpony »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2017, 02:54:58 AM »
I'd file a dispute with eBay, if your listing was for 'new' merchandise.  Any sensible person would expect them complete with box in that case.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2017, 03:49:50 AM »
When these were first mentioned I didn't really like them. But after seeing the pictures in the opening post, I really like Princess Sparkle! She looks like a bath toy for babies or something. :D

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »
My three figures came in today and I got the back-cards but not the boxes.  I sent the seller a message asking if the boxes can be sent along.  I guess it was my misunderstanding, but I'm kind of in the habit of keeping this kind of thing in their boxes when I buy them new and I'm not sure why I wouldn't automatically get the boxes with something described as "fresh out of the case".

I'm also not quite as pleased with them in person as I had hoped.  The proportions and the articulation just really aren't very good.  Also I think the lack of the expected boxes with art is probably clouding my enjoyment of the figures.

Maybe they'll grow on me.  I guess nothing is ever quite as good as an original G1 pony, which have spoiled me it seems.  I just got Applejack to stand in a fun pose so I think I'm going to be OK with these, just not thrilled per se.

edit:  the seller responded: "Boxes for these are no good.  Glass Shelving for display are perfect for these figures"

What the HEck??  I need feedback from others.  Should I just return these?  I spent $55 for three new (least uncommon) figures and I don't get the boxes with all their art and etc.  I only bought these for this price as it was less than $5 over buying them retail but retail I'd have the dumb box.

Did you buy them from this seller? http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,387335.0.html

I would immediately explain to the seller you purchased these as MIB, NRFB figures and you expected them to be mailed as such.  Since they have essentially destroyed your purchase, you will be going through the process for a full return and refund.  :(

Wow... sellers are sure idiots sometimes aren't they?  If you advertise MIB, it needs to come WITH THE BOX...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2017, 10:33:15 AM »

Did you buy them from this seller? http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,387335.0.html

I would immediately explain to the seller you purchased these as MIB, NRFB figures and you expected them to be mailed as such.  Since they have essentially destroyed your purchase, you will be going through the process for a full return and refund.  :(

Wow... sellers are sure idiots sometimes aren't they?  If you advertise MIB, it needs to come WITH THE BOX...

If that is the seller lostpony bought from, he does not advertise them as MIB. They are stated to be "fresh out of the box". The figures are pictured with just their cards and no box, so I wouldn't expect to receive a box in that case. I bought some of these figures from this seller and was very satisfied with my purchase. I also just got the ponies and their cards, but that is what I expected to get, so it was all good. ;)

I think them saying that the "boxes are no good" just means that they aren't meant for display purposes and he doesn't understand why you'd want the boxes. Maybe he thinks you wanted to display the ponies in their boxes? In which case that wouldn't work since they are blind boxes and you know, no window to see the pony. ;) He might not realize you wanted the art on the boxes. Maybe you can explain that to him? Seems like he'd have alot of the boxes since he seems to be selling quite a few of these ponies.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

lostpony

« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
Yes it is the same seller, but yes it is also true that the listing does not state MIB.

However, it does not state "fresh out of the box" it states "fresh out of case" in the description and in the subject line it reads all in caps "BRAND NEW" so to me, this is am implied covenant that the item is in new condition, which means includes its box.  New items that do not have their packaging are generally described as having no box.  Items that include their packaging are often displayed in eBay pics without the packaging, yet it is still included.  So it's an ambiguous issue.

"no good" is because the packaging was torn and then thrown away.  I don't care if it's torn, I want the darned 2d art from the outside of the box.  I like that kind of thing and that's part of what I was paying for. 

I also think the seller will probably refund if I return the item, but I'm not really sure that's what I want.  The price is a few $ lower than any others and I do accept that it's not easy to make a profit on new goods on eBay when selling slightly over cost but gee darn, I want my boxes.  I'm just not sure i want to pay at least $8 more to get the boxes from the next-cheapest dealer, or wait for these to appear in retail stores near me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-The-Loyal-Subjects-MY-LITTLE-PONY-MLP-Minty-2017-IN-STOCK/222593024479?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Does anyone here want to sell me their boxes cheap? I think most of us want to keep the boxes so the answer is most likely no....

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2017, 12:11:55 PM »
I would explain that you want them for the boxart and ask the seller if they can flatten the boxes and ship them to you in a padded envelope or something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »
Thanks everyone, and since I did post in the other thread mentioned above about this, I hope any further interaction on the ebay purchase/missing boxes can be done over there and clear this thread for the figures themselves.  Sorry to derail the discussion...

But just to update:  I did ask for the boxes, and the seller has agreed to send them to be from their next case, and the member who started the other thread has also offered to send me some boxes.  So I'll get my boxes it seems and I'm a little bit surprised how much I cared about the boxes actually.

In efforts to contribute to the discussion about the figures themselves, I tried pushing the limited articulation to its limit and took some pics of the results.  Firefly's wings come off way too easy, and I tried switching them to try them upside down too.  Please pardon the dingy background and cruddy lighting, but I wanted to take pics NOW, haha.  I'm actually liking these guys um, girls quite a bit more now that I've handled them and the cloud of the missing boxes has passed somewhat.

So....I tiled most of the pics into one frame to condense them, and all of them under a spoiler to save space in the thread:

edited to add one more foto:  I got all 3 of them to stand on one hoof (nothing else touching anything), all lined up on my teeny countertop:
eachononehoof by a lostpony, on Flickr

I guess I'm having fun with these Yaay
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:13:19 PM by lostpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2017, 10:56:28 PM »
Minty is really cute lostpony!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2017, 11:16:55 PM »
Thanks!  She balances nice too  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal