collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What TV show are you watching?  (Read 577 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What TV show are you watching?
« on: April 11, 2024, 11:32:46 AM »
This thread is to discuss TV shows (new or old) that you’re currently or recently finished watching. I watch several shows across a few streaming services, so I would like to discuss them if anyone else is watching them too. If you’re watching something I’m not, perhaps someone else is!

Just a couple items:
1. REMEMBER there is a Sensitive Topic rule!!! Don’t put anything explicit.
2. Don’t forget to use the Spoiler feature (indicated by the Sp button) if it applies.
3. If you’re not watching anything, that’s fine. No need to announce it.

Here’s what I’m watching:

Physical 100 (Part way through season 2. These people are absolute beasts! I’m awed by them because I could never!)

Queen Charlotte (I need to finish this before Season 3 of Bridgerton is released in May. Did you see the trailer?!)

The Curious Case of Natalia Grace (Just finished this and had such mixed feelings. The very ending though?!?!)

Quiet On Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV (Sensitive Topic, so I’ll limit my thoughts to this: I knew there’s fishy stuff going on, but WTF?! I haven’t watched the newest ep yet.)

The Gilded Age (Basically New York 1880’s new money vs. old money - made by Downton Abbey creator. I finished this not long ago, and honestly I love it.)

Ghosts (I’m caught up. This show gives me the comic relief I need.)

Resident Alien (Harry cracks me up. The sheriff is so whacky. One of my favorite bits is the drawing intros!)

Animal Control (Such a corny show not to be taken seriously, but I still like to keep up with it.)

Bob’s Burgers (I keep up with this too. I like this dorky family.)

I’m sure there are others I can’t think of in this moment…
What TV do you watch?  ^.^
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What TV show are you watching?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 02:10:25 PM »
I watch quite a lot of documentaries, anime and asian dramas. Most recently Mayonaka no Ame (Midnight Rain) and Gift (shows from 2002 and 1997 respectively, bit old now but both series I enjoy.)

Mayonaka no Ame is about a doctor and a detective exploring the truth of an accident that affected both their lives 21 years ago. It's mostly set in and around a hospital, but it's a whodunnit really.

Gift is about a guy who was found in a cupboard, unconscious, and who has no memory of who he is. He works as a delivery guy while trying to piece together bits of his memory.

I also watched 1670 on Netflix, which is a Polish period comedy and honestly makes me think of Blackadder :)

Now I don't know what to watch next though.

I like history documentaries, but I'm an older stuff historian really, so not so much for 20th century history shows (of which there are a lot).

I used to watch a lot of US series but I haven't in years. :/ I did rewatch Lois and Clark a while back, actually. That's probably the only one.

I haven't watched any UK made dramas for a while either. They're all unnecessarily hard hitting and gritty these days, and I don't like that.  We used to be great at comedy series, but sadly not any more.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 02:14:29 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 02:58:23 PM »
I don't watch a lot of TV and I tend to stick to the same shows.

What I do watch is a lot of true crime. I will even rewatch specials about murder and stuff. Forensic Files is a go to even though I've seen the whole series dozens of times. Cold Case Files and The First 48 are my favorites. I like most of the crime shows on A&E. I also like to watch Hoarders and Hoarding: Buried Alive as long as it isn't about animals. I can't watch the ones with animals :(

My main show is Futurama. It's my favorite of all time, although the newest season on Hulu is missing my favorite writer. He unfortunately did not return for this resurrection of the show. The Hulu episodes are missing his contribution greatly, but they are still okay. I own the show on DVD too minus the Hulu eps. Sometimes if I'm like doing chores around the house and not staying put in one room, I will have Hulu going in my bedroom on my Smart TV showing Futurama, and also have a Futurama DVD playing in the living room at the same time. Is that obsessive? :lol: If I had the money I would also collect the comic books. I just love the show so much :inlove:

I watch The Golden Girls, Frasier and Seinfeld on repeat too. Occasionally, to shake things up I'll watch King of the Hill, House or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Ghosts is hilarious. I was actually on a virtual panel to give feedback about it before it was on air :D I didn't know at the time it was a remake of a UK show. I need to add it to my list.

Oh! How could I forget the nature documentaries! Ugh, I've binged nearly everything. Planet Earth I and II (they are working on a third one!) Planet Ocean, Life on our Planet, Prehistoric Planet, Spy on the Wild, pretty much anything in that genre. I still need to watch Queens and the one with the Leopard I can't remember the name of.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 03:03:24 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 03:05:47 PM »
We watch Animal Control too. i need goofy shows in my life.  I also want to watch Ghosts. it looks fun and silly.

I haven't been watching too much TV lately. mostly because i no longer have a TV in my bedroom. we've been rewatching Dawson's Creek of all things. I watched it when it was first on but not since and my husband wanted to watch it. i'm enjoying the rewatch more than i thought i would. it holds up better than i remember. the dialogue can be a bit much sometimes but i still like it so far.

yeah a lot of the dramas are really heavy these days. especially the "prestige" TV stuff. i don't follow much anymore since we no longer have Netflix or HBO/Max. i listen to podcasts about politics so i know everything sucks. i need my TV shows to be escapist.

i like to rewatch stuff too. i like to watch stuff when i know there won't be any surprises that make me sad
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 03:33:12 PM »
I'm currently rewatching all of the original Sailor Moon and hoping to start Sailor Moon Crystal afterwords. 

It's probably about time to rewatch Diamond no Ace too.

I've started watching a lot of the reality shows on A & E like Court Cam Road Wars, Customer Wars, Neighbor Wars  etc.. even if I feel like all of the Wars shows are basically the same show just with different titles or themes.

I loved watching Weather Gone Viral but it's hard to catch new episodes and I've seen most of the old ones already. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 03:51:00 PM »
Taffeta - Oo, I’m adding Midnight Rain and Gift to my to-watch list! I’ve seen some anime, but not a ton. I’m trying to think… I’ve seen Chobits, Nana, Deadman Wonderland, Death Note, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Food Wars, The Devil is a Part-Timer, Silver Spoon, Saiki K, Ouran Host Club, Black Butler… And maybe a couple more that aren’t coming to mind right now. I tend to lean towards slice of lifes.

BlackCurtains - I’ve seen Futurama (and the reboot!) It’s solid. I liked that recent-ish episode where
Spoiler
Zoidberg got a girlfriend who had no sense of smell. I was like stinky ol’ Zoid deserves happiness too! Haha.
Last year I decided to binge watch ALL of Frasier because I had seen bits and pieces growing up. I also wanted to know what came of Niles and Daphne. Did you try the NEW Frasier?  :unsure:
Seinfeld is one I would stay up late to watch in high school when they were playing re-runs late at night. I always reference that ep where
Spoiler
they say something besides “bless you” when someone sneezes: You’re sooo good-looking. It never lands, but I’m hoping one day it will with a Seinfeld fan. Haha. The episode that had me rolling was the one with the golf ball in the blow hole. That show has plenty of gems!!! Or the one where Jerry can’t remember the lady’s name but remembers it reminds with a body part. Mulva?!?!?!  :haha:
I can’t believe you were on a Ghosts feedback panel! Nice!!
I grew up watching Nova, Nature, and the like, so wildlife shows will always hold a place in my heart. I should watch some of the newer stuff.
And don’t get me STARTED on King of the Hill. I have rewatched it at least 6 times all the way through. My biggest complaint is this inconsistency:
Spoiler
Remember after Peggy survives that plane jump? Cotton rehabs her, and at the end of the episode, Cotton tells Peggy that if she climbs up that hill, she can dance on his grave? The one she helped him fight for?!?! They share the dance there in that spot. And then when Cotton ACTUALLY dies, Hank flushes his ashes down that bar’s toilet?! What happened to his grave plot?!
I’ve seen some true crime docus, but I have to take breaks. I’ve seen American Nightmare not long ago… And some cult-type ones… I like to see weirdos from the comfort and safety of my home. Haha!
Anyway, it sounds like we’re very tv-compatible!

Beth3346 - Who is your favorite Animal Control character? Sometimes it reminds me of Superstore in a way (with the love interest). They get into the weirdest animal situations. Haha.

Ponyfan - I’ve seen some Sailor Moon, but certainly not all. Maybe I could pick that up again when I hit a lull. I just have to figure out where I left off.  :wonder:
I’ve seen some Storage Wars in passing, but not a lot.
Are you looking forward to the new Twister movie? I know it’s not real weather stuff, but I hope it’s good!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 03:52:36 PM by shockponie »

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 04:38:30 AM »
I mostly just watch Netflix these days. For a few years now I've been enjoying a lot of Asian dramas. I like to obsess over stuff so I often just watch one show at a time, even binge, although I sometimes have something like lifestyle shows that I may watch on the side - Queer Eye for example is one that I always check out the instant a new season comes out.

At the moment I'm watching The Rational Life (a Chinese drama). I recently watched and very much enjoyed a Korean drama Reply 1988 - the episodes are really long even by K-drama standards (sometimes over 90 mins) and it took me a few episodes to warm up to the show and its silly humour but after that I was hooked. Sometimes I just watch half an episode, especially as I know there's going to be a cliff hanger at the end and I need my sleep. :P

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 09:18:12 AM »
BlackCurtains - I’ve seen Futurama (and the reboot!) It’s solid. I liked that recent-ish episode where

Spoiler
Zoidberg got a girlfriend who had no sense of smell. I was like stinky ol’ Zoid deserves happiness too! Haha.

Last year I decided to binge watch ALL of Frasier because I had seen bits and pieces growing up. I also wanted to know what came of Niles and Daphne. Did you try the NEW Frasier?  :unsure:

I agree about that episode :)

I haven't watched the new Frasier yet. I thought the premise of him living with Freddy was a good one, but I've heard it's not very good.

Re King of the Hill. That episode where Cotton rehabilitates Peggy is one of my all time favorites, it's SO funny, omg. I forgot about that in the spoiler though. That's a good question!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2024, 03:08:53 PM »
Korean dramas are hit and miss with me. Some of them I really love, some I just can't get into. The last one I watched was also set in a hospital, which is what made me dig out Mayonaka no Ame and rewatch it. I don't remember what it was called though.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 04:45:06 AM »
Watching a good several right now: King of Queens (because the whole thing is on Paramount+ now. Heck yes.), Hey Arnold, Ghosts, Agent Carter and X-Men 97.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 01:14:39 PM »
Oh I love King of Queens! I have Paramount+ with my Walmart+ account. I need to remember to check it out next time I turn on my TV.

I also keep forgetting that I added Disney+ to my Hulu account. I want to see the live action movies, I haven't seen any of them. Really want to see The Lion King and Little Mermaid.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 09:58:59 AM »
Typically I really hate TV and the only show that I re-watch is Star Trek DS9.

Started watching Fallout last night though... I have mixed feelings about switching the storytelling from a massively large game universe to a scripted TV show but we've only seen Ep1 so I guess I will find out how much it frustrates me...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 10:20:39 AM »
I was excited about Netflix's Parasyte but thought it was a movie. It's a series. I can't decide if I want to watch it as it comes out or binge it afterward.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 10:37:55 AM »
I've watched some of it, but I didn't really like it. Maybe it was the company I watched it with, but it was pretty meh for me. Not really my thing.

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 02:39:25 PM »
I loved Hey Arnold growing up!

I started Baby Reindeer last night. It’s quite unsettling so far. I just know there’s going to be TW content.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal