collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *insert spastic noise here* A long tale of a once-lost pony~  (Read 5551 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Story time~~ Grab a chair and let me start at the beginning ;) Waaaaay back in March, a pony I had been wanting appeared on ebay. She was a white Venezuelan Cherries Jubilee with light pink hair still in her box. She was an auction-style listing that started cheap, and the seller was friendly. The day she ended, I even timed my break at work so that I could watch the end of the auction, and I won! :cheer: I was so excited that I’d actually be getting one of my favorite Venezuelan ponies! I sent payment right away and went off back to work completely thrilled.

Cherries was marked as shipped not too long afterwards, and the seller gave me a tracking number to follow. I was told that once Cherries entered the US, information would appear on it.

Days ticked by, then weeks. Nothing had appeared on the tracking number and no pony at my door. As my 45 day window with paypal was coming to a close, I messaged the seller saying that I still had not received Cherries, and that shortly I would have to open up a claim to protect myself if she didn’t arrive (she wasn’t exactly cheap!). If the pony did end up arriving after I opened the claim, I would close it and resend any refunded payment. The seller was very understanding, and explained that they did not send Cherries by FedEx, as they had a habit of opening up the ponies, and opted for the slower EMS instead because the packages were sealed right in front of the post office workers.

The paypal deadline passed, and still no Cherries. The seller graciously refunded my money, and kept checking at their post office for any news. They told me that there had been some delays in Colombia, and that things should be moving along shortly since there had been many complaints. I was still hopeful that Cherries would show up at my door, and kept checking the tracking number.

More days passed. Then weeks.

Finally, on May 23rd, my Cherries was in the US! :frolic: She had arrived in Miami, Florida and was finally going to be home soon! :frolic: I anxiously stalked the tracking number.

On May 24th she cleared customs, but was ‘undeliverable as addressed’! :whoa:  :faint:  :drunk: The next day she was declared ‘dead mail’ and ‘Disposed by Post Office’.  :cry: I wanted to cry. Had the post office really thrown away my pony?  :cry: It made me sick to think she could be just sitting in some garbage can or dumpster. I looked up the phrase that the tracking number had given me, and learned that this did not necessarily mean that she was thrown away... yet. There’s a place in the US called the Mail Recovery Center, where all ‘undeliverable’ mail is sent and sorted through. If something is under $25 in value, it’s tossed. If it’s over $25, they keep it around for 3 months, and if it’s unclaimed, it’s auctioned off. I didn’t know if they would deem a plastic toy horse as being worth over $25 (I didn’t know if the label was even still on the box!), so I was still freaked out.

After a trip to my local post office, they put me in touch with the International Mail Center. The rep was friendly, and sent me some forms to fill out (basically what was in the package, the seller’s contact info and my contact info). The seller told me the information I needed for the forms, including pictures of what Cherries looked like, and I got them send off to the Mail Recovery Center with a hint of renewed hope.

More days passed. Then weeks again. No calls from the MRC. No calls from my post office. No Cherries.

My mom ended up calling and requesting more of those same forms. At this point I was beginning to give up entirely but decided we might as well send them more. My mom warned me that the rep she talked to ‘didn’t sound very optimistic’. It was mid-July at this point.

Today, July 25th, exactly 2 months since my poor Cherries was declared ‘dead mail’, I got a call from a restricted number while at work. I had no idea who would be calling, and couldn’t listen to my voice mail until later. I easily forgot about it until I got home about an hour later. It turns out that it was my local post office! They had an EMS package for me! :faint:  :drunk:  :shocked: Could it really be true? Could my Cherries have finally made her way home?? I called them back immediately and said I’d be in to pick it up in a few minutes. I freaked out my cats by how hyper I was, and likely confused my neighbor who saw me literally run outside to my car. I managed not to get a speeding ticket on short drive to my post office. I could see a large battered box behind the counter with foreign labels on it, and could barely wait my turn in line to get my hands on it. After expressing how happy I was to the clerk and hugging that box all the way back to my car, I raced back home.

Of course, I took pictures :silly: Here’s the box~ It’s definitely seen better days :yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But inside...

Under all that shredded paper...

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: Was CHERRIES!!! :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:  I nearly cried. She’s still in her box!! Her box is a bit smushed, but it’s there, and intact, and even more importantly, she’s inside!! :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

:squee: :squee: :lovey:  :lovey:  My beautiful Cherries!! :lovey:  :lovey: :squee: :squee:

And thus concludes the long, roller-coaster story of how my Cherries Jubilee came home :silly:

Oh and since it’s way past the date on when I can leave feedback for the seller, Mitchell-mugno, I figured I’d say something here :) They have been completely amazing during this whole mess and they deserve praise. Friendly, professional, informative and patient, definitely one of the best sellers I’ve had the pleasure of working with.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: *insert spastic noise here* A long tale of a once-lost pony~
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
what a story and what a result! i am so glad she made it home in the end, naughty pony!

:faint:

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
Oh wow what a story! Love hearing happy ending like this!  And golly she is stunning!  Congrads :)
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
Hooray Glacia!!!!!!!  Hahaha, I just did my victory dance after I read your story.  Oh thank goodness she is home safe and sound!  I bet the seller feels so relieved that she made it home to you too. 
I watched this pony back in March because she was just so stunningly pretty:)  I am so thrilled for you that she is *finally* able to join your herd.  What a super happy ending to your ordeal.     
This calls for a banana party!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Now that is an AWESOME ending to some crazy months!! Haha she is cute!! Congrats!!!!!! :hug: I am so overly happy for you!!!! :tackleglomp:

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
Congrats!  Wish ponies could talk since this gal seems to have had quite a journey!!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »
What a super awesome story - I grinned from ear to ear when I reached your photos!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:40:50 PM »
Cherries, you not s'posed to sight see on the way home silly girl.  You are lucky you didn't get a tan on your adventure.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
wow what a tale certainly one for the MLP arena lore book , that we should make right now.

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
That is fantastic! What great news! Was your address really hard to read on the box?
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »
Sounds like Cherries has been on an adventure!  :) Glad to see she came home safe n-n

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »
  :wow:  she made it?!!!  :faint:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee:   :cheer:  :squee:    :cheer:   :squee:  :cheer:  :squee: 

..er.. incase you couldnt tell.. I'm reeeaaally happy for you!!! :hug:  :lovey:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline moondancer1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
Oh that is wonderful!!  I neary cried too at the thought of the package being thrown in the trash!!  Congrats I am so glad she made it safely to you!  She is beautiful! I sold a Baby Buttons to someone in Argentina I believe.   She never made it there and never was returned to me either.  I often wondered what happened to her and cringe at the thought that she may have ended up in the trash!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
I just love happy endings! What an epic story. She is such a lovely pony, I'm so glad she finally made it to you! :D
~Foxtale~

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »
Awsome!! Do cool!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal