collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 248586 times)

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1560 on: March 16, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »
Was lucky enough to find the 2nd set of Rainbows at my 2nd-nearest Target! I noticed an extra Tickle on the shelf, so I'm assuming she's one of the extra 2 ponies to fill the box of 6. I wonder who the other extra is?
i'd guess confetti.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 16, 2019, 01:41:30 PM »
I went to Target for the forth time and there were none at all... still.  I asked a nearby employee and she excitedly dragged me to the empty spot.  Then she looked disappointed and said the system says they still have four.  So she’s going to order more.  Yay!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 16, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »
Does anyone have links to the new rainbows and earth ponies for target? I have looked at so many in MN and I can’t seem to find them :(

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony\'s - Part 2!
« Reply #1563 on: March 16, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
I bought a Skydancer to help move inventory along to get my closest Target to stock the new ponies, and I plan on rehairing her, so here's the guts of the 35th ponies because I haven't seen them shown:

1. The mane is not glued on the inside, simply knotted, which makes for cleaner rehairing/customizing.
2. The neck plug has a small opening. It is large enough for me to get my grabby-metal-thingies in, but might be hard for using the knot-and-thread method. (Luckily, I plan on just using the tool method for when I rehair.)
3. The tail is kept in with a metal washer and clip. The clip is actually fairly loose, and you can slip the hair out of it very easily. It actually serves as a quite sizeable chunk of hair for projects if you slip it out.

Post Merge: March 16, 2019, 05:35:59 PM

Does anyone have links to the new rainbows and earth ponies for target? I have looked at so many in MN and I can’t seem to find them :(
They don't show up in search for some reason, here's a link to Confetti I had on hand.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:35:59 PM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 16, 2019, 07:08:30 PM »
Has anyone in Canada heard if any of the sets beyond the collector ponies and first set of rainbows will be released here? I’ve contacted Indigo, Toys R Us and Basic Fun through their support pages but haven’t gotten any responses.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 16, 2019, 10:07:09 PM »
My local Targets seem to have slowed down their stocking. The closest one looks like they may have taken away the spot on the retro end cap for ponies and filled it with Care Bears. :( The other two Targets seem to have gotten stuck with the first wave of rainbows and the unicorn/pegasus set. I’m hoping they might show up soon!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 16, 2019, 11:07:17 PM »
I bought a Skydancer to help move inventory along to get my closest Target to stock the new ponies, and I plan on rehairing her, so here's the guts of the 35th ponies because I haven't seen them shown:

1. The mane is not glued on the inside, simply knotted, which makes for cleaner rehairing/customizing.
2. The neck plug has a small opening. It is large enough for me to get my grabby-metal-thingies in, but might be hard for using the knot-and-thread method. (Luckily, I plan on just using the tool method for when I rehair.)
3. The tail is kept in with a metal washer and clip. The clip is actually fairly loose, and you can slip the hair out of it very easily. It actually serves as a quite sizeable chunk of hair for projects if you slip it out.

Post Merge: March 16, 2019, 05:35:59 PM

They don't show up in search for some reason, here's a link to Confetti I had on hand.

TRTL, that's very useful info,
especially about the neck-hole size and possible re-rooting limitations!
 :ohyeah:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1567 on: March 17, 2019, 08:09:00 AM »
TRTL, that's very useful info,
especially about the neck-hole size and possible re-rooting limitations!
 :ohyeah:
Thank you! I'm also a bit worried about tail rusting just because I know there are some kids interested in them, although I suppose we'll have a large enough secondhand stock of them MiB that it won't be as big of an issue.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 17, 2019, 02:02:35 PM »
Has anyone in Canada heard if any of the sets beyond the collector ponies and first set of rainbows will be released here? I’ve contacted Indigo, Toys R Us and Basic Fun through their support pages but haven’t gotten any responses.

I’d also like to know this!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 17, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
My local Targets seem to have slowed down their stocking. The closest one looks like they may have taken away the spot on the retro end cap for ponies and filled it with Care Bears. :( The other two Targets seem to have gotten stuck with the first wave of rainbows and the unicorn/pegasus set. I’m hoping they might show up soon!

My two Targets are stuck on Collector Ponies and Peachy/Pretty Parlor sets. :( I haven’t seen the unicorn/Pegasus set restocked for months. I keep hoping I will find the new ponies each time I go to Target.

I saw the unscented Rainbows at Cracker Barrel this week.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 17, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
I don’t know if these have been posted but, I collected the DPI from Target for the Y3 Rainbows:

And Unicorns & Pegasus:

I’m still looking for Moondancer... and another Moonbeam.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1571 on: March 17, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
I found the 2nd Wave Rainbows in Texas!  Link to video in my sig. :D

Oh!!! I was going to check my Target this weekend anyway just in case but this makes things a bit more encouraging! Last time I got a retro, I didn't expect to find Moonstone, which I did, but I especially didn't expect the Pretty Parlor to be there. Fingers crossed they'll surprise me again! :happy:

Found 'em! It took me a second though, they moved the retro stuff from the end cap facing the board game wall to the end cap facing the electronics! Right up front where everyone can see them! :biggrin: Poor Share Bear is still there, though.

To answer your question, I only got Confetti but I heavily considered Flutterbye as well since she's a unique shade of orange, so I only looked at those two. But I can see what you mean about Flutterbye's glitter. I think they might all be like that, the glitter on Confetti's symbol looks similar, at least on the pink "sprinkles".

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 18, 2019, 05:51:58 AM »
I found the 2nd Wave Rainbows in Texas!  Link to video in my sig. :D

Oh!!! I was going to check my Target this weekend anyway just in case but this makes things a bit more encouraging! Last time I got a retro, I didn't expect to find Moonstone, which I did, but I especially didn't expect the Pretty Parlor to be there. Fingers crossed they'll surprise me again! :happy:

Found 'em! It took me a second though, they moved the retro stuff from the end cap facing the board game wall to the end cap facing the electronics! Right up front where everyone can see them! :biggrin: Poor Share Bear is still there, though.

To answer your question, I only got Confetti but I heavily considered Flutterbye as well since she's a unique shade of orange, so I only looked at those two. But I can see what you mean about Flutterbye's glitter. I think they might all be like that, the glitter on Confetti's symbol looks similar, at least on the pink "sprinkles".

Congratulations!  🎉. I’m glad they are starting to show up at more places.

And now that you say that... yes, I just got up to look at them.  It does look like Confetti’s “pink” sprinkles are the same glitter/color as Flutterbye’s symbol.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1573 on: March 18, 2019, 06:00:56 AM »
UK folk. I cannot stress this enough.

Go to John Lewis!

My local one had nothing last week. This week all 4 y3 rainbows!

Re the glitter - I noticed it on Flutterbye, her symbols are actually very pinkish and I agree it's like the pink on Confetti. But I remember my sister's Trickles has quite prominent glitter symbols, and Tickle seems quite prominent as well:

So I think it might just be certain shades.

Confetti's symbol looks a lot to me like the original's does. Flutterbye's should be bolder though I think...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 08:21:38 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 18, 2019, 07:25:14 AM »
I wish I had easier access to a Target (or anywhere else that might carry these for that matter!).  My nearest Target is an hour away and I'm currently on crutches and I'm having surgery on my ACL next week so it may be months before I can even get to the store.  :sigh:  Oh well.  I'll just have to see if I can find them online for a reasonable price.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal