collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 52294 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2022, 02:40:01 PM »
I ate too much ice cream!  :X

My back is still really sore and cramping. :gah: :cry:
:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2022, 06:39:01 PM »
Luna went outside and tried to dig under the fence to play with the dogs next door. and then when she came back in the house she proceeded to jump on the new couch and get mud everywhere! at least i closed the bedroom door before she got in there.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2022, 06:39:53 PM »
@Rainlove - I'm 99% sure that G3 ponies officially hit store shelves in 2003, because I remember having Rainbow Dash to take my first uni graduation which was July 2003. It may be there are ponies with 2002 on the hooves, and almost certainly that's the case...but I don't recall any of those ponies being out in the season before that summer. I think they hit the US in the spring, because I was sent one from California in June that got delayed in transit. I remember a mad scramble to find another one, and my friend managed to find RD in her TRU in the Uk in July, the week before I graduated. It was just enough time for me to make her gown and hat for the ceremony.  That was the same time as Wysteria, Kimono etc were out, so I would think 2003 is correct.

A word of note on MLPMerch though.

Most big ID sites that try to cover multiple generations should be treated with care. With the exception of the Wiki (which has gaps but does have multiple editors), the site owners are usually experts on one generation, and have added the others by hitting up google, but their information may not be 100% reliable for these other generations.

MLPMerch built its reputation on its stellar knowledge of G4, but their earlier pony information is based on stuff they've found on other sites (some of which is erroneous). You might find it better to try a more G3 centric site to be sure.

My trivial complaint for today - I was woken up last night by very loud rain and a storm. We're meant to have more today. I don't like storms :/.
ok. thanks for the info
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2022, 05:39:43 AM »
Heavy cycles, long sleeps, messy sleeping bags, laundry needed. Yep I was fully padded, still didn't do enough...

Glad the younger peeps have special underwear for it, so they can avoid such calamities...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2022, 06:16:19 AM »
PBW, I'm there with you. Mine are so bad I wear diapers to bed :pout: I think I have PCOS but I've never been checked for it. I have all the symptoms though.

My complaints, other than that, are another headache and my stomach is touchy again. I'm getting concerned with these headaches. I mean, it's normal for me to have them, but not this bad and not for so long. Also, it's mainly in the front of my face, even my cheekbones hurt, so I think maybe it's sinuses? I'm not stuffed up, not really coughing, no sneezing. Eyes are dry. I already have an appointment lined up the 28th for my PCP. It's a long way off so I might need to go to Urgent Care if I keep having these headaches like this :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2022, 08:08:35 AM »
did a job interview this morning. they didn't tell me beforehand that i would need to code during the interview. what they asked was pretty easy but my dogs were being super distracting so i couldn't focus. i had to look some stuff up since i didn't review beforehand and it's not stuff i do everyday. they seemed put off that i couldn't just rattle off from memory. so i ended the interview early.

i have a lot of test anxiety that kicks in when i'm in a high pressure situation so it would have been helpful to review. i forget things i know well when i'm stressed. i wasn't really interested since they're a new company and as much as my current job annoys me it's a more stable company. it just bugs me that in interviews most people who are doing hiring aren't taking the candidate's feelings into account. i guess for them it's more efficient to weed people out. but i don't think it's good to have people do work before you discuss the role and the company. you should tell me why someone should want to leave their current job to come work for you. don't just assume people are even super interested. at least now i know more about what to review.

@BC i hope you feel better. that sounds like sinuses to me. i would get it checked out if it doesn't go away.
@PBW yeah you're not the only one. :huh:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 08:10:41 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2022, 09:46:20 AM »
Count me in as one of those that also struggles during that time. 

@Beth I'm sorry your interview went that way.  I thought I did pretty good on my last one, but I never heard anything back from the company.

My dad made a big deal out of telling me he was proud of me for going to the pharmacy to try to figure out why my inhaler had a copay.  The way he said it seemed really condescending to me. :(

Something has decided I'm a tasty snack. I've got several insect bites now. :(  I can be outside with a crowd of people and have the mosquitos make a bug buffet out of me while leaving others alone even when using OFF bug repellent.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:10:06 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2022, 04:56:41 PM »
what frustrated me the most is the question was pretty easy and i would have done well had the recruiter let me know there was going to be a live coding portion. but i got the sense that they wanted it to be an on the spot thing. which is probably a red flag anyway. i think whenever theres some test or challenge and i don't do well i flash back to taking tests in school and get really down on myself if i don't do well. even if it's something that doesn't matter. i've been coding for about 13 years now and sometimes i feel like a fraud. even though i've done well at all of my previous jobs. imposter syndrome is a big problem and i see it in other people on my team. and with people who are really good at what they do! it's frustrating that job interviews just don't really give people a chance.

Ponyfan, the same thing has happened to me a lot. i don't know what's worse not hearing anything. or getting a quick "we've decided not to move forward" email before i even get back home.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2022, 04:22:31 AM »
BC I hope you sort these headaches out xxx Beth oh no!!! Not good!!!

Ponyfan it can't be fun having to handle all these petty issues your parents have with you. Were circumstances different (eg more affordable housing market), I'd recommend you move out for your own sanity xxx But in this day & age that's nearly impossible to get a foot in the literal & metaphorical door. All I can recommend is trying to depend on them less in other ways xxx But I bet you're already trying that xxx

Last but not least, I think it's our age group. It's the last few cycles of my entire life so they're making up for what they won't do in future... Having said that, huge sharky snuggles & huggles to all with extra complications on top of the usual fare we ladies have to endure xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2022, 06:20:46 AM »
I totally skipped a month earlier in the year. I started early (I was 9 and at a friends house... it was not fun) so I'm assuming it will end early. The sooner the better!

My complaint is really petty. I've mentioned before how I play this cute collection/idle game My Singing Monsters. You can add friends that help out on your islands. Some of these people have names that are just... cringy. One is MAXGAMERZ and another is Beast666. Like, it's a simple cute little game. It started as a mobile game (there is a Steam version which is what I play), but like, having a name like that? Dude, c'mon. Maybe they are kids and think they're being cool. It just makes me laugh.

Sorry if that makes me seem haughty or something but I can't help it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2022, 07:19:14 AM »
So I finally convinced my mom to watch a few episodes of Psych because I haven't watched it yet, but my friends have all suggested it to me since I enjoy both Chuck and Supernatural. (I tend to wait until shows are over before starting them so I can binge watch.) When I found it on her streaming site, she says, "How can this have 8 seasons and we've never heard of it?"

All I can hear is Merida going "Ugh...MUM!"

There are SO many shows she's never heard of that have a lot of seasons.  But it's hard for me to convince my parents to watch anything that I might like so they miss out on a lot of good shows.  They watched The Walking Dead and Stranger Things because my niece likes them but they won't watch anything I suggest because they all assume I only watch cartoons and Disney movies.  If I ever get enough space to put my DVDs back into cases on the shelf, I think they'll be surprised at what I own.

She seemed to like the episodes that we watched so we'll see if she actually finishes watching it. 

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2022, 07:22:56 AM »
I love when an artist takes your commission and then pretends it never happened. No money exchanged hands, but there was a verbal (or typed) "sure I can do that!" Then months of silence while they make other art. If you don't want to do it, just say so! Saves me from keeping the money for it instead of spending it elsewhere. This happens frequently. I admit, I have some weird and complicated characters. What is so hard about coming back and saying 'I'm sorry I can't take this commission after all'? What am I going to do? Force them?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2022, 01:28:40 PM »
I'm going to murder my daughter's dog. I thought he got out and went all over the neighborhood looking for him, I stopped back and checked twice, before finding him snug as a bug at home the third time. I've been telling her for years to train him to come when he's called, and to teach him to stay in his own yard. But nooo, she can't be bothered. He's currently stuffing his face and is happy as a clam, the little booger butt.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 01:31:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2022, 02:45:22 PM »
On the subject of job applications, I really don't like the "we can't be bothered to even tell you, sorry, no thank you, when you took the time to follow all our application guidelines and meet our deadline" potential employers. Like their job is so awesome they're some kind of celebrity and don't have time to talk to the little people? I just hate that. I'm fine being told 'no', but I like to know that's the case so I can move on.

I'm grumpy tonight because I'm still coughing on and off and my sense of smell is only partially back. It's annoying.

I was going out tomorrow but with tonight's events I'm not sure how crazy everything will be, so I might postpone.

@BC, I won a contest last year on another site which involved an art commission. I never got my prize and the person has since disappeared. I know that RL happens, but again, communication is so important. At least a "sorry, I can't get to it at the moment because x y z" would be polite...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2022, 07:24:10 PM »
I went through a similar situation with a customizer.  I had ordered one custom from them and although it took a long time to complete, they generously added another custom for free along with extra goodies.  I was very satisfied with them, so I commissioned them a second time.  The second time they took my commission with the understanding that payment wouldn't be made until the pony was finished because I had paid up front for the first one.  At first everything was fine, but then some stuff happened including the base getting destroyed by a pet. Long story short, they never finished it even though I watched them complete other customs.  I don't hold a grudge against them, but I doubt I will commission them again even on a payment after the work is completed basis.

The dress code at work is supposed to be business casual.  A guy has showed up the past 2 days saying he can wear whatever he wants. He has been wearing T shirts with video game characters on them and cutoff shorts.  I'm not usually one to comment on other people's clothes but I can't see how wearing that is appropriate at work.  I won't even wear jeans to work unless it's Friday or jeans day. 

The other day my mom told me I "needed to hurry and go to sleep" because I had to get up for work the next day like I was a 5 year old. :argh:   I know what time I need to go to bed if I have to get up early in the morning. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal