Pony Talk > Off Topic

The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3

<< < (353/358) > >>

Ponybookworm:

--- Quote from: lovesbabysquirmy on April 25, 2024, 06:58:02 PM ---Ableist language and actions really bother me because it really puts self-created limits on what people think they can do.  It's like the Down Syndrome awareness PSA :  "if you think I can't ______,, then you don't treat me like I can ______, and then I don't ______." 

I know quite a few people who could probably be quite self-sufficient, contribute to the workforce, and be more independent, but it doesn't fit their family and support providers' narratives and definitions, so they think they can't work  or shouldn't work.  To the best of your ability, I say!  If you need supports, then by all means, use them, but don't opt out of doing things "because you can't (because you believed someone telling you that)".

Technology advances all the time - if there are now mechanized suits (like in anime), you can walk and lift and exercise!  Japan has several cafes that have robots that are operated by paraplegic people at home, using special headsets that connect directly to their brains .  if you need a service animal to help detect if you're going to have a medical episode, that's totally fine.  if you need a communication device/speech board/etc. , that's no different than the millions of other humans who can't get their face out of their phone LOL  It's no reason to opt out of society, hide yourself away, and be lonely.

--- End quote ---
I was asked once if I could help elderly housebound people to access the internet as I'm quite computer savvy. I talked about the things these people could do, including sell hand-made items online for a little extra cash. The carers who interviewed me were NOT having that, despite pensions being something you can supplement with a small extra income, & I was shut down because I didn't "understand". What I didn't understand was the carers' need to keep their clients fully dependent without adding any contributions. Like, so they can't use their legs & feet, but the can still use their hands!!!
The whole attitude of "these folks can't do anything" is just maddening. Like what if they want to or need to for their sanity???

Heart Of Midnight:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on April 25, 2024, 03:30:01 PM ---I've been doing these little sheep doodles on another site that has ponies. I was doing them for free, but a friend poked me and said I should open a shop (it would be for game currency) so I asked for a price check. A couple of people have been very rude in my thread. Saying that anyone can draw a blob or glowing line and get lots of the game currency for it. That people like me who aren't artists make REAL artists feel bad. Blah blah blah.

I wrote a reply back, but decided to delete it and just say to the one person maybe they aren't as good of an artist as they think.

I AM an artist. I just work mainly in 3D. Drawing digitally isn't something I'm great at but I think my little doodles are cute and people seem to like them.

Everyone else in the thread has been very supportive and gave me a good range of what to charge if I open a shop. I'm just feeling bummed people had to come in and say things like that. I mean, if you wouldn't pay that price, fine. Say that. Don't dis my me and doodles.

A sample of said doodles for those curious:

Spoilervisitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

--- End quote ---

Your sheep are really cute! :heart: They made me smile. :) Keep making your art and forget about those stupid commenters! :hug:

(I still haven't published my own drawings anywhere but here on the forum, because I don't have enough courage to do so. I have received wonderful and nice comments here, thank you for them. :heart: )

BlackCurtains:
Thank you!

Speaking of, I finished the free ones I was doing and opened a shop :accomplished:

My complaint right now is I'm hot. It's cooler outside than it is in my apartment.

BlackCurtains:
My sheep shop is a big hit! :D

But my morning is going terribly so far.

A phone call woke me up, it was my bank's fraud department. They said someone tried to use my card number to rent a car. They put a block on my card and now I need a new one. I called customer service after I was done with the fraud part. I can either go in to a branch before 4pm today and get a new card, or wait 5-7 days for one to come in the mail. I opted to go to a branch. It's the first in two days. I need my card!

Then when I went into the bathroom, there was pee on the floor again. Aster totally missed the litter box. I think this was the third time? So I had to clean that up. Then I went to feed her and her food comes in these little plastic containers with foil you peel back. Sometimes they are hard to peel and this was one of them. I didn't know I was slightly squeezing the container and when I finally peeled the foil back, cat food juice squirted on my just laundered shirt :mad:

I sat down at my desk to do my internet rounds and looked into my tank, my female shrimp died :( I think the male isn't far behind, he hasn't moved since last night. For now he's hanging in there but I bet he dies too. I can't see the babies. And last night I scrubbed a bunch of brown algae off the glass and right now it looks like more grew in its place! Ugh.

Griffin:
I'm angry with myself for missing a job application deadline. The ad said 30 April so I thought I still had time to work on it today, but the deadline was at midnight. A bit confusing. Well, it's my fault for not doing it earlier, I saw the ad ages ago and then kept procrastinating. Besides, it was something I don't have formal qualifications for, so I highly doubt I would've had any real chances anyway. But the job description itself sounded like something I could do and enjoy.

Well, there will be other opportunities. I guess I'm just upset because it genuinely sounded like fun, and because I wanted to take my time and prep a good application and portfolio, but then I just lazied around the whole weekend. Maybe I subconsciously sabotaged myself because I was too scared to take the leap.  -_-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version