collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 248574 times)

Offline Tex81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • OG Brony Tex
    • View Profile
    • MLP Classics
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1575 on: March 18, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »
Question to US people who have found the 2nd set of Rainbows.

Currently deboxing Tickle.

She has a number on her plastic bubble? 35276. This doesn't seem to match the one on the barcode or the one stamped into her box which are 35250 and 33728ZD respectively. Is this the same for Flutterbye? I am wondering if it has any relevance or is just something for manufacturing and should be ignored? I haven't seen this on a plastic inlay before for the earlier retros (and uni and peg set isn't here yet so I dunno if this is just standard now)

I opened up a Tickle and the first few holes of hair bangs all basically pulled out and were loose. The rest of the head seems fine. Curious if you or anyone else experienced hair problems with Tickle.
Tex

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 18, 2019, 09:16:53 AM »
I wish I had easier access to a Target (or anywhere else that might carry these for that matter!).  My nearest Target is an hour away and I'm currently on crutches and I'm having surgery on my ACL next week so it may be months before I can even get to the store.  :sigh:  Oh well.  I'll just have to see if I can find them online for a reasonable price.

Is there a Cracker Barrell near you? I found the unscented Rainbows there. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 18, 2019, 09:57:56 AM »
UK folk. I cannot stress this enough.

Go to John Lewis!

My local one had nothing last week. This week all 4 y3 rainbows!

None there yet, but a "partner" (JL staff) took my details + will hunt through the delivery boxes tomorrow morning.
Asked especially for Confetti  :P

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1578 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »
Question to US people who have found the 2nd set of Rainbows.

Currently deboxing Tickle.

She has a number on her plastic bubble? 35276. This doesn't seem to match the one on the barcode or the one stamped into her box which are 35250 and 33728ZD respectively. Is this the same for Flutterbye? I am wondering if it has any relevance or is just something for manufacturing and should be ignored? I haven't seen this on a plastic inlay before for the earlier retros (and uni and peg set isn't here yet so I dunno if this is just standard now)

I opened up a Tickle and the first few holes of hair bangs all basically pulled out and were loose. The rest of the head seems fine. Curious if you or anyone else experienced hair problems with Tickle.

I wouldn't say a problem exactly, but she has some stray shorter hairs in the forelock area. None missing and nothing came out. Also, it was quite easy to make the mane shift sides from how it is in the box to fall on the display side, but the forelock took a lot more convincing and still isn't totally convinced.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 19, 2019, 01:06:05 AM »
Checked the Target I normally don't go to unless I'm in the area (and will be again on Friday). The first wave of scented rainbows and unicorn/pegasus featuring Glory and co. They were along an end cap facing the board games and there was a Share Bear. Poor Share not getting enough love. When I go back I'll see if there are others in a different location.

I did spot Parisol which I've never seen before and may pick her up.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1580 on: March 19, 2019, 02:05:29 AM »
Does anyone know where/when they are available in Germany, or any Dutch shops? I found the collector's pose ones and the first rainbow wave on amazon, and some others (Seashell, Bubbles, Applejack, Bow Tie) on a Danish shop that delivers to Germany, but no sign of Tickles, Confetti & co anywhere near or far.
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 19, 2019, 11:46:34 AM »
I find it kind of weird (in a good way) that everywhere is getting things in a funny order.

I really hope that getting the Rainbow y3 set here doesn't mean we're going to skip to AJ and Bow Tie and miss the uni/peg set. But I feel like it was the uni/peg set at the toy fair and that's the set online stores have been touting as coming in the summer, so I still have hope. I don't mind if we don't get bow tie and co so much.

Did any of these releases come out in Germany, Holland, Spain etc in stores or were they just online? I'm sure they said, Basic Fun, that Germany would see them in stores? Funny kind of European distribution if it's only the UK, France and Scandinavia...?

Amazon UK still has the cp, first set scented rainbows and the parlour.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 19, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »
Little update for Canadian folks. Toys R Us messaged me to say they don’t know what stock they will get in advance so we have to wait and see. Indigo responded to say they won’t be carrying anymore Retro ponies. My local EB Games can’t find anything in the system about them either. I’m getting quite nervous about whether we will get the Unicorn and Pegasus Ponies, Earth Ponies and second set of Rainbows here. I haven’t contacted Walmart, but my local store got rid of the My Little Pony section and items months ago.  There is nothing on Amazon Canada that isn’t through third party sellers either. I fear not being able to get these ponies without at least tripling their cost by adding in currency conversions, expensive shipping costs, and border fees.

Basic Fun has not responded to any of my inquiries this month or last month. Even if they can’t give me a lot of information I’d apppreciate a response.

It’s exciting that these ponies are being made but the lack of information and spotty distribution is frustrating.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 19, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »
Little update for Canadian folks. Toys R Us messaged me to say they don’t know what stock they will get in advance so we have to wait and see. Indigo responded to say they won’t be carrying anymore Retro ponies. My local EB Games can’t find anything in the system about them either. I’m getting quite nervous about whether we will get the Unicorn and Pegasus Ponies, Earth Ponies and second set of Rainbows here. I haven’t contacted Walmart, but my local store got rid of the My Little Pony section and items months ago.  There is nothing on Amazon Canada that isn’t through third party sellers either. I fear not being able to get these ponies without at least tripling their cost by adding in currency conversions, expensive shipping costs, and border fees.

Basic Fun has not responded to any of my inquiries this month or last month. Even if they can’t give me a lot of information I’d apppreciate a response.

It’s exciting that these ponies are being made but the lack of information and spotty distribution is frustrating.

Thanks for looking into it. Sometimes we just get things late but right now it does not look good.

It’s frustrating how often we will get a single wave of some things and then nothing after. I didn’t see cutie mark crew wave 2 anywhere but was glad it ended up in Dollarama of all places. TRU and Walmart babe wave 3 so that might mean no one will stock wave 4.

I have some of the retro uni/pegs in my cart on amazon.com but importing and conversion is so killer like you said.

Fingers crossed we do see them I stores soon.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 19, 2019, 11:48:31 PM »
Oh, that’s good to know they’re showing up at Cracker Barrel! I may have to see if grandma wants to go out and eat, she is a big fan. ;)
The target by my workplace has restocked though! I was able to find bubbles, applejack, and seashell! :) hopefully some pony luck will travel to other targets soon

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 20, 2019, 03:28:20 AM »
It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't show up more in Canada. o.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 20, 2019, 03:51:11 AM »
so sad.....  I want that Pretty Parlour SO MUCH
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 21, 2019, 08:16:17 AM »
Someone on Facebook got a reply from Basic Fun with loads of info!  Here is her post:

Hi Pony lovers, what a big surprise for me yesterday evening I have finally received a mail from Basic Fun!! . So Here is the answer:
"Hi there,
I’ve gathered up as much info on new released in the UK as possible for you – please see below, hope this helps but if not, you can email our French distributor for more information: France and Belgium: Asmodee – Melanie Prigent: Email: [email protected]
MLP - what is the availability in the UK?
Here is an update for you as to the availability in the UK:
1. 35230 Collector Ponies
a. Wave 1 is available now, through Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, Debenhams (within a few weeks) , Smyths (Just shipping now) and a variety of independent Toymaster stores.
b. Wave 2 Pegasus & Unicorns will be launching from July in the same retailers
2. 35250 Rainbow Ponies
a. Wave 1 is available now through Amazon and Independent retailers
b. wave 2 will be available from July but some are starting to ship now!
c. Rainbow will be in less retailers but still available in the UK.
3. 35235 Pretty Parlor Playset
a. We are just launching now through Independent retailers including Toymaster stores and Amazon.
b. It is the version including Peachy.
c. It may go into Argos and Smyths depending on sales in the other UK retailers.
4. 35265 3 Pack Collector Ponies
a. This will be going into Amazon from April, yes both styles, we are waiting for the stock to arrive
b. These are the styles – see below
My Little Pony Collector Pony 3 Pack
Wave 1 Assortment:
Style 1: Cotton Candy, Butterscotch, Blue Belle
Style 2: Snuzzle, Minty, Blossom
More information:
Thank you for your support and love for My Little Ponies retro - the re-issues of the originals! Due to the overwhelming amount of questions we receive on where to purchase these collectibles, we have compiled this list to help assist you in your search:
1.) Collector Ponies - launched in Fall 2018, can be found at the following US retailers: Target, Walmart, JC Penney, Meijers, Shopko. These collector Ponies are refreshed each Fall and Spring seasons so keep checking for new waves! Once a wave is retired, it is not available for sale in stores but can be found on reseller websites such as Amazon, Ebay and Etsy, as well as others. Wave 2 Unicorn and Pegasus are slowly hitting Target shelves now!
International Retailers include: Amazon, Argos, John Lewis and local specialty toy stores.
2.) Rainbow Ponies - available at the following retailers - Target, Amazon and Old Time Pottery. Canada: Toys R Us Canada.
International - Please see below the location and information on where available - if you need further information, please feel free to contact the below:
* France and Belgium: Asmodee – Melanie Prigent: Email: [email protected]
* Benelux: Amazon
* Sweden/Finland/Denmark: Amo Toys: Email: [email protected] and [email protected]
* Australia: Cotton On Kids - for your convenience, they do sell them on their website.
3.) Pretty Parlor Playset: Target, Amazon, Old Time Pottery. Internationally: not available at International retailers.
4.) 35th Anniversary Rainbow Pony Gift Set (5 Pack): Amazon, Toys R Us Canada. "
I will right now contact the person for the French market , and I will ask if they know if they will be sold in Italy, Spain etc etc
I do really hope we will all receive the ponies in our countries. Lots of Hugs

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 21, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »
Wow, Sunset, thank you for taking the time to share all of that!

It matches up a lot with the fragments of detail we've heard and seen for the UK. Interesting that the rainbows y3 are meant to be summer but yeah, they're shipping now since they were in Brum and here. But it seems possible we might get the first wave in again as well if they're mixed.

John Lewis is the only retailer stocking Rainbows as far as I know in the UK. The CP set are in loads of places (as the list indicates). They didn't mention Entertainer on that list but they've been in there as well and are on Entertainer's website as well.

But the biggest news for me is that Glory's set has an official confirmation for the UK in July :) And that it's likely to be in stores that currently have the CP set, which means they're likely to be more easily obtainable. That makes me happy :D

No mention of Bow Tie and co. Knowing they've been seen in Norway and that there's at least one Swedish website selling them in £, that's curious. They weren't at the UK toy fair, though, so maybe not part of our detail.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have Glory and co than AJ and co, but that's just me.  :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:23:26 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 21, 2019, 10:06:43 AM »
Fantastic giant response Sunset!!

For an additional shop in the UK for South-west people..... Trago Mills has collectors ponies for £8.49 and the Pretty Parlour for £21.49. :)

Also I can now confirm that Toymaster has the yr 3 Rainbows in stock for £12.99. Tickle has now come home with me as my birthday present.

@Taffeta we posted at the same time. :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal