collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 248538 times)

Offline QuillHeart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1140 on: November 25, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
Hey, everybody! Sorry I have not been on here in a while. Wanted to update you all that I did finally find all of the unicorn and Pegasus ponies and my target. I found them about a month ago.

I just noticed today though, that unfortunately my Moonstone has yellowed, and that's even in her packaging! I had read some earlier posts about this happening to others, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. Does anyone have any good ideas of what to do? Is there any way I can try to fix what's happening? Or is she just going to stay that way now? I got her right when these collections came out, so I really wasn't expecting anything to happen especially with her being unopened, but has anyone else experienced this? Would there be any point in getting another copy of her, or do you think she would yellow as well?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1141 on: November 25, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
I just noticed today though, that unfortunately my Moonstone has yellowed, and that's even in her packaging! I had read some earlier posts about this happening to others, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. Does anyone have any good ideas of what to do? Is there any way I can try to fix what's happening? Or is she just going to stay that way now? I got her right when these collections came out, so I really wasn't expecting anything to happen especially with her being unopened, but has anyone else experienced this? Would there be any point in getting another copy of her, or do you think she would yellow as well?
Unfortunately, the discoloration is due to the scents on the ponies, and we haven't found a good way to reverse such discoloration. You may want to de-box any that are left so the pony's scent can fade and prevent future discoloration.
If you get another one that you would like to be more minty, you might want to let that one air out as well.
Edit: Gee I sure said discoloration a lot, huh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline QuillHeart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony\'s - Part 2!
« Reply #1142 on: November 25, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
Unfortunately, the discoloration is due to the scents on the ponies, and we haven't found a good way to reverse such discoloration. You may want to de-box any that are left so the pony's scent can fade and prevent future discoloration.
If you get another one that you would like to be more minty, you might want to let that one air out as well.

Thank you!!

Post Merge: November 26, 2018, 04:07:22 PM

Also, if I did unbox do I have to take them out of all packaging or just the outer box?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:07:22 PM by QuillHeart »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1143 on: November 27, 2018, 06:40:43 AM »
I don't think the smell fading makes any difference.  Whether the pony still smells or not, it's been sprayed(? I assume?) with whatever produces the scent.  The stuff being on the body is what makes the ponies discolor IMO . . . regardless of whether the smell has dispersed or not.

So far both my MIB and my loose retro Rainbow ponies are okay . . . Not sure if it's due to environmental factors or just luck of the draw.  I will say they don't get any natural light.  Though some people have found them discolored in the store, and they wouldn't have any natural light there . . . hmmm . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 27, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
So is the color infused into the plastic or sprayed on?  If it's sprayed on, would giving them a quick wash prevent the discoloration?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 27, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
So is the color infused into the plastic or sprayed on?  If it's sprayed on, would giving them a quick wash prevent the discoloration?

Also curious about that ...

I think it would be helpful too if anyone with a pony wih discoloration can say if it's only on the outside or also inside.

My moonstone only had a mild discoloration and seemed to be a nice color inside.. it would be useful to know if we may clean off whatever scent that may help slow down discoloration

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 27, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »
No discoloration on my Moonstone and I have her out of the box. Now if you could wash off the smell, please let me know. She stinks so bad and I have asthma that I have to keep her in my closet not out on display. The Windy I have is still MIB because I'm afraid to have to relegate her to the closet.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 27, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
I unboxed all of mine (just in case) and Parasol's scent was so strong that instead of strawberries, she smelled like vomit.  Now that she's aired out a bit she actually smells like she's supposed to but I was really worried about that smell initially. :shocked:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1148 on: November 27, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »
I unboxed all of mine (just in case) and Parasol's scent was so strong that instead of strawberries, she smelled like vomit.  Now that she's aired out a bit she actually smells like she's supposed to but I was really worried about that smell initially. :shocked:
Mine smells like playdoh. Chewits and playdoh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 28, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »

I'm assuming a chew-it is a candy?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 28, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »
I'll take Playdoh over whatever each one smells like any day.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 28, 2018, 11:46:33 AM »

I thought they'd be like the Sunny Scents, where you hafta put your nose up to smell it. Dear Gods! It was like being hit by a truck of scent! Or Bed Bath and Body works.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:48:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1152 on: November 28, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »

I'm assuming a chew-it is a candy?

Yep. Chewy candy. The one in particular that she smells like is strawberry, so I guess that makes sense. But with playdoh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 28, 2018, 04:38:28 PM »

I thought they'd be like the Sunny Scents, where you hafta put your nose up to smell it. Dear Gods! It was like being hit by a truck of scent! Or Bed Bath and Body works.

You're right, they do smell like Bath & Bodyworks, there's a reason I avoid that store like the plague.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 28, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
The scent on my Rainbow ponies seem to be fading even though they’re still MIB. I did notice that a couple of the boxes are not taped down all the way at the top. Only Starshine still has a strong smell. Windy and Moonstone hardly smell at all now.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal