collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on shipping issues  (Read 549 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Advice on shipping issues
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
Alright, I think this is where I would post this? I'm unsure. If it belongs in the coral I suppose move it there then please? I just assumed problems with a sales shipping would be posted here.  Let me specify it is not an issue with the seller. The seller is being good about it and is willing to open up a claim ect for this issue. I'm just new on how to deal with the post office.

I have a package with my grails no less (few tears being shed of my minty girls possibly being gone) that is in bad shape. It was accidentally shipped to my family's house (two hours away, so I cannot get it myself) instead. The box has insurance on it ect, and apparently a large chunk of the corner was accidentally ripped off where bubble wrap is sticking out.  The post office lady informed my sister that she could not open the package even in front of her or she had to take it even if the contents were not there. My sister said it feels like the box is empty, but the box has wingers in it (Cool Breeze, Starry Wings, Moon Jumper and Glow to be exact) and so I know it might just be light.

What exactly should I do about this package? How do I make sure the post office is responsible or that the seller and I are reimbursed for this bad postage? To clarify two ponies were bought off Ebay and the other was a simple paypal transaction. It's like half and half. @_@
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on shipping issues
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »
I am sorry the PO damaged your parcel  :hug:  with your grails none the less.

Here is the link for USPS for filing a claim for loss or damage:
 http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm

Has your sister opened the package to see if they are in there?  And if so, are the ponies damaged also?  or are they missing?  :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »
Thank you for the link I'm going to look it over. Actually I don't know if they are in there or not. My sister was on the phone with me while at the post office, and apparently the post master said if she opened the box she had to take it and we would have to resolve the issue with the seller. If we didn't want it she could take it/send it back....I wasn't sure if she was allowed to actually do that. I mean she wouldn't even let my sister open it standing in front of her. I told my sister to tell her to hold the package till morrow and my decision.

Is she allowed to do that when the package is insured and it is their fault it's damaged?

Formerly Maddie

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
I honestly would pick up the package and inspect the contents.  If you don't it will just go back to the seller.
And they most likely will refund your money.

The thing is, you have no idea actually how bad the damage is to the box.  And you don't know if the ponies are even damaged.  They may not be.  And if they are not damaged they will not let you file a claim just because USPS damaged the box. The contents have to be either damaged or missing to file.  But like I said you will not know unless you pick them up.

Just make sure to hang on to the contents you receive and all the associated packing materials if you do need to file a claim. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office for inspection later.

Keep us posted on your decision.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
*huggles*  :hug:  how upsetting, especially sine these ponies are your grails :sad:  It makes me so mad to see how some of the PO workers handle our parcels roughly  :(
Ponylady has given you some  good advice there - you  need to inspect the box and the contents. If the ponies are there and havent been damaged then you dont need to do anything. If the ponies are missing or damaged then you need to take it up with the PO. You really need to know what condition your ponies are in before this can go any further. Keep everything, take pics as you open it, and of what the contents of the box are like.  Please let us know how you get on. I'm hoping that the ponies are all safe and undamaged :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
I would video tape the whole process, picking it up at the post office with video of the box inside the post office, video tape it when you get out to the car  (don't even bother going any further than just outside the post office) open the box on video and everything, then you have videographic proof at the post office that it was all damaged by the PO :3

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
My girls were in the box, but I've still taken pictures of the condition and I had them add stickers. Due to some other circumstances I won't list I've decided the seller might want them to discuss a problem with the post office. Least my girls are alright and have their wings. <3

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal