Pony Talk > Off Topic

Online Zumba Classes- Inspire Me!!!!

(1/7) > >>

kCherry:

Who has time to go to the gym? And even if you do, who wants to get into workout gear and go sweat in public for an hour?!! Oh, you've tried the videos and yeah, the dances were kinda fun, but come on; those are NOT real people! They are humanoids made of metal!! LOL Can real people actually move like that?! Wouldn't it be great if there was legitimate online version of Zumba Fitness, someone out there who could teach you to have fun while not hurting yourself trying to get healthy? XD

I am a licensed Zumba Fitness Instructor and a certified member of the "Zumba Instructor Network" (or ZIN for short) but I'm not currently teaching any classes. Due to vehicle "restraints" I'm currently stranded at home making it impossible to teach at a locale for the time being...

But!

What I really want to do is teach Zumba online! I've got the space, the video equipment, I just need some lights and curtains and maybe a sound guy (luckily for me I have a couple of those available, too! :P ) It probably wouldn't cost me more than a couple hundred dollars to be ready to teach an online class. I just need the inspiration to make it finally happen!!

As much as I wanted to try and arrange free classes, I can find no free services that are not open to the public, (such as Youtube) and providing public classes are against ZIN agreements. ;)  I've decided to try "GotoMeetings" for my host- they offer a reasonable service for a class of 15 and it looks like if I charge about $2 per person for a class that size I can make enough to pay for expenses, have enough left to cover my monthly instructor dues and a couple of ponies every month. :) At three classes per weel that would be $24 a month for 12 classes. And since Goto offers the first month free I should be able to offer my first month for half price! :frolic: In order to claim one of the 15 'slots' as yours I would request that months payment (non-refundable, unless I am unavailable for class; not likely) be made in advance, due at the first of every month. Of course, "walk-ins" (hee hee) would be welcome at any time when there is room!  :biggrin:

I was thinking I would start with three to five classes a week and offer at least three beginners classes and maybe a couple of intermediate depending on interest. The dance routine would be pre-recorded and uploaded to goto enabling me to be available to chat for all students during our class hour for any questions, problems, or anything else needed. This also provides the student the opportunity to pause the dance for a drink of water, a bathroom break, to ask a question, ect.

Classes would last one hour, with approximately 45 minutes of dance uploaded, Including both a warm-up and a cool down, per class. Routines would most likely change on a monthly basis and of course different routines could possibly become available for Intermediate and Advanced classes should there be enough interest.

So! IS there any interest??!! I'd love to make this happen, but I need students to try it out and see if it can actually work as well as I think it can. Either way, whether you want to party with me Latin style or not, I appreciate you taking the time to read this! :frolic:

Cheers!
Cherry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ZennaBug:
I would LOVE to take your Zumba class!  I'll have to see if I can scrounge up some extra money  :)

SurfStar:
I might be interested. A lot would depend on the class times honestly. (BTW there is a setting for Youtube where people can ONLY get to links IF you share the URL, that's how I have my videos uploaded).

But it sounds good and the $24 is about what I'd spend if I took classes at the local community center here, and frankly it's a lot more classes. =) I think it's a great idea myself.

Maybe be available for chat at certain times but let the videos be available whenever we have free time? Also, would there be switching allowed between classes? Somedays I'm feeling more coordinated than others so an intermediate class would be fun.

Lucky4leafclover:
I am so down for this. My problem is I am out of shape, and I have some physical limitations (Lupus and Fibromyalgia and hip degeneration) Nothing too extreme, but it does cause me to get tired easily and limits my flexibility. I'll admit I used to be able to do more and have better range of motion but I haven't been keeping up with exercise. Would someone like me still be able to participate? Would it be a log in at your own time class, or would it be required a specific time and day each week? Any video requirement on our end?

Chai:
I have the same question as Lucky4leafclover. :) I am super interested though, I'm a shy, clumsy person and sweating in a gym with lots of people I don't know is not my cup of tea... but this sounds perfect!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version