collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about FBRs and age spots/cancer/regrind/etc.  (Read 608 times)

Offline Naamah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Question about FBRs and age spots/cancer/regrind/etc.
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
Oh, hey, everyone!  Long time no been here.  IRL stuff: not so pleasant.  Ponies: much more happy-making, and I could use that.  Sheesh, whatta couple of months!

Soooo, I found a pose I really like for a planned custom with a full body repaint, and I found a pony in that pose, but it has some brown "cancer" spots and so on.  Now, I don't care, obviously, because I'll be doing a full repaint in beige and brown, but what I want to know is will it eventually affect the paint I put over it?  Does anyone know?

Sing to me your songs of covering up stuff with paint!
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Question about FBRs and age spots/cancer/regrind/etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:49:02 PM »
If the paint is darker in color, I wouldn't worry too much.  You might just clean and sterilize the bait in case it is mold or rust.  Typically, acrylic paint sits on top of the vinyl and *shouldn't* be affected.  To be on the extra safe side I'd use a little more paint and avoid really light colors like white or bright yellow.  Have fun!

Offline Naamah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
Thank you!  That's what I was thinking.  The repaint is going to be fairly dark, and somewhat variegated to boot, which I figure ought to be just the thing. . . .  I may try to plot the design to specifically cover those spots, too, just to further obscure things.
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
I agree with CSA...a clean up first, then acrylic ^_^ it should work just fine! i can't wait to see what you are working on!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal