collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How should I start selling?  (Read 540 times)

Offline BubbleSurprise

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
How should I start selling?
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:28:47 AM »
Hi!

I haven't been on the Arena in such a long time... I think it's been over a year :blush: My collecting has come to a standstill in between working, studying and moving around a lot, and now I've found a place to settle into a bit more permanently. I have no room to keep all of my ponies and have decided that it's time to let some of them go. But I have no selling feedback at all on eBay or the Arena (only from buying), so how should I start? :lookround:

Any tips would be appreciated!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How should I start selling?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »
I found that making the transition into 'seller' on eBay is much easier if you at least have some good buyer feedback. So long as people see that you've been active and are trustworthy, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding some buyers :) Same thing with the Arena, once I built up some feedback from buying, no one seemed hesitant to make purchases from me. The only tips I'd give is to be sure you make your potential buyers feel comfortable- describe items extremely well, lots of photos, and adding a return policy doesn't hurt either. Good luck with unloading some of your ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
Check the board to see who is local to you and make arrangements for a meetup?  There are a number of collectors in each of your provinces in Aus.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BubbleSurprise

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys! :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:31 AM »
As Cool.Breeze mentioned the transition from buyer to seller is quite easy either here or on ebay.  My suggestion for you is to research, research, research.  Oh did I mention research  :P.  I always feel this the most important no matter where you sell.

If your going to be selling on ebay they have lots of great information on getting you started.  The tips they provide can also be easily incorporated into selling here. 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sell-getstarted.html

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/howtosell/sellingbasics.html

My next suggestion is to make sure to get a postal scale.  It saves you trips from running back and forth to get quotes from your PO. I also would read up on your countries shipping policies and rates.

I would also take a peek at some of our other members here For Sale posts or scour ebay for sellers with similiar items.  It can help you get a good idea of how others do things.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline BubbleSurprise

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:50:59 PM »
Thanks for that! :) I've actually been looking around for scales, and checking out other sellers' listings to see how things are done. I think I'll do some more research though before I'm ready.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal