collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rerooting Tool Needle Size?  (Read 709 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Rerooting Tool Needle Size?
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:46 AM »
I make and sell rerooting tools and replacement needles, but I make the needles according to my own preference in rehairing. I prefer to use thinner plugs of hair so that the hair lays down without needing to be boiled. I also hate having to touch up repaint jobs when the needle catches on the vinyl or stretches it too wide. I like smaller needles because they slide in very easy after widening the hole, and I don't have to force the needle in. When you have to force the needle in it breaks more often.

I use standard embroidry needles, size 5 or 6. I know that everyone has different preferences, so I was wondering how common my choice is.

Since I make and sell these, I want to offer a size that is universally accepted, or at least allow a size choice..

So for those of you who know what size needle you rehair with (preferably with the tool), what size needle is your preference? And since I had to look this up myself to be sure, I'll just note that needles are sized like wire. The smaller the number = the wider the needle.

Thank you kindly in advance for your feedback, so I can provide a better product :)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
Re: Rerooting Tool Needle Size?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
I use size 18-22 tapestry needles, depending on what's handy.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Rerooting Tool Needle Size?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:17:18 AM »
Thank you so much! I just bought some of those the other day actually. I still need to cut them down and test them out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal