collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 1613 times)

jelzar

• Trade Count: (0)
Just a question
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:13:11 AM »
So once you guys have finnished a custom where do you put it? If your keeping it and if your selling it.

I have no room to display any at the moment so i keep mines in my wardrobe, its a good temperature and the light cant get to them. If i had commissioned one id find somewhere to display it but i only have sellers atm.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Just a question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:49:16 AM »
i usually only do customs on demand, like swaps or commissions, so usually as soon as im done with one its in the mail. storing them the way you are seems like it might be working, if you just want to keep them safe until they are sold?
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

jelzar

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
yeah, i'm just trying to keep them safe and un-damaged, although regardless of where thy were i wouldn't let them get damaged.
i just wondered if anyone had come up with any other solutions as to reducing the space they take up

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:17 AM »
Some times I give away the small ones.

I usually keep most of them!

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
I don't keep my own customs but The customs I own by other artists and on top of my tv or in my bedroom

pantherchild

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
I rotate them on my desk at work.  Right now, I have five custom ponies keeping me company during my work day (as well as a couple of play ponies in case kids come through.  So I can distract them from my precious ponies!) It's usually ponies that people have made for me w/o super fragile parts.

Any customs I make and keep go on my pony shelves at home.  Same with ponies made for me that aren't on my desk.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »
my collection is displayed all over. tho i rarely keep one of my own, most of the ones in my house are by other artists.
i usually just display them wherever there is room...next to a framed photo, in front of the books on a shelf, night stand, in front of the TV, etc

jelzar

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »
You all sound about the same then, Wherever there is room haha :)
i dont really plan on keeping my own customs unless i make one for myself for a reason, but just the ones hanging arround waiting to be sold.

pantherchild good idea about keeping ones for play arround, it would be terrible for the customs to be tortured or broken

lilacamy931

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
Have shelves for display ponies, a dedicated one and mantel piece for made. None in direct light so hopefully a good place.

pantherchild

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
pantherchild good idea about keeping ones for play arround, it would be terrible for the customs to be tortured or broken

Yeah...plus I totally have a custom that has pieces of glass attached to her which would be hilarious but career-limiting for the boss's kids to get their hands on....

Hilariously, there are about 6 other ponies in the office.  Their magnet feet make the easy and fun to hide...:D

jelzar

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 04:04:22 PM »

Yeah...plus I totally have a custom that has pieces of glass attached to her which would be hilarious but career-limiting for the boss's kids to get their hands on....

Hilariously, there are about 6 other ponies in the office.  Their magnet feet make the easy and fun to hide...:D

glass in a pony, thats interesting, what is the pony like?
and eek yeah, not a good idea haha
That sounds like fun, so you can have ponys poping up everywhere haha

Post Merge: February 15, 2012, 04:05:37 PM

Have shelves for display ponies, a dedicated one and mantel piece for made. None in direct light so hopefully a good place.

yeah, its the sunlight i worry about...not that theres much here lol
Im about to send you a pm btw

pantherchild

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
glass in a pony, thats interesting, what is the pony like?

Here she is on the old Arena: http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=3412099.html

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The swap she's from was the Literal Swap, where you took a pony and made her name or symbol more literal (I did Ember for my partner: http://brambleworks.com/craft/mylittlepony.php?pony=ember ).  So, Wagnerwakka made me a Moonstone who is covered in sparkly crystal.  It's not super sharp, but it's sharp enough that a small child would probably hurt itself.  :D

jelzar

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 03:14:03 AM »
OOo they are both lovely.
I was imagining a shard of glass coming out of the ponys back or something, but this is really effective.
I can see what you mean by a small child may get hurt

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal