collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 468474 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3090 on: December 08, 2020, 06:25:35 AM »
when you're trying to quietly get through the house and not wake anyone up, but you step on a bit of bubble wrap that the cat was playing with...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 08, 2020, 11:55:56 AM »
when you're trying to quietly get through the house and not wake anyone up, but you step on a bit of bubble wrap that the cat was playing with...

Lol
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 08, 2020, 12:52:50 PM »

Lol
:lol:

My laptop has bricked itself in the few minutes it took me to go downstairs and hoover the living room. I'm trying some methods on the HP website to fix it, but to be honest, given the sheer amount of bother I've had with it, I am questioning whether it's even worth trying to save it. Apparently there's no hard drive installed...
Your hard drive might be on its way out. I've had my hard drive die on me & it wasn't fun. I hope all your files are backed up xxx

It looks like that is what's happened, as I reseated the hard drive and when the laptop detected it, it mentioned that the drive had failed. I also heard some clicking noises which are never good. :/ Some of my files are backed up on USB sticks but I've definitely learned my lesson and will be a lot more thorough with backing things up in future!
Hope you can replace it without replacing the entire laptop xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3093 on: December 08, 2020, 04:27:15 PM »
I'm enjoying the cold weather but all my aches and pains are much worse :( My legs are really bad today and I had to go to my parents house. Both the couch and chair that I use when I'm there are very low to the ground and I was having a hard time getting up from them. I'm only 38! :cloud:

Post Merge: December 09, 2020, 10:37:56 AM

Sorry for double posting (I'm feeling a little better today, I was able to walk across the street to drop off my rent, yay)

Anyway, new complaint for the day - junk mail! Physical junk mail! I opted into NOTHING and I get tons of coupon clipper type magazines and catalogs of all kinds. The coupon magazines I can't figure out how to opt-out, I get two of them and they both have some of the same ads in them for local restaurants and grocery stores. The catalogs, two are being sent to me because I bought something online for my mom's birthday back in August (it's religious stuff... I am not religious). The other ones I have never bought anything from, online or otherwise. Which means someone sold my information :mad: Gah!

I hate it because I'm never going to use these coupons (you can't even use them online!) and if I want something I'll buy it from a website. But also the waste. As an environmentalist that's recycled since they were a child - I seriously got a can crusher as an xmas present one year, I was like 7 and I loved it - there's so much paper waste. Yeah, I'm recycling it, but I shouldn't get it in the first place :mad:

I just went through and got rid of a bunch of this stuff, now I have another haul. Two coupon things and 4 catalogs, plus independent ads and one (1) piece of actual mail. And this is in a weeks time. Beyond frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:37:56 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3094 on: December 09, 2020, 03:34:51 PM »
Why does every app have a social component? I was trying to use the Glow app to track my cycles. (Don't worry i'm not sharing details) But every time i try to go into the app i can't find the stupid calendar to check and make updates. First it wants me to upgrade to premium. Then it wants me to share on their social network thing. I check once a month or so and i can never remember how to find the calendar. I don't want to share, i don't want to read other people's stories and i don't want to upgrade. i want simple tracking. anyways i just deleted the app. i'll live in suspense from now on.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 10, 2020, 05:39:28 AM »
Last week a book that I was really looking forward to reading was published.  The last time I wanted a new book in this series the bookstore got their shipment on the Friday after the release date.  Yesterday I checked the bookstore and they still didn't have the book I want in stock. I even asked an employee that was stocking other titles from the same publisher hoping that she might have seen a copy but the store doesn't have it. 

Another person was also looking through the manga section and asked about a different book and the woman said "We don't carry that much anymore." 

I am not blaming the bookstore for not having the book in stock yet.  I know they can't stock it if the publisher doesn't send it but I'm hoping that the bookstore didn't just not order it because although the series seems to always have volumes missing when I look, it doesn't look like it's a big seller.

I can always order online after Christmas.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3096 on: December 10, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »
I've been in a funk all day and I'm dizzy. I wanted to cook a big pot of creamy potato soup but I don't feel like it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 12, 2020, 04:14:45 AM »
The chromebook has now thrown its little hat into the ring or troublesome computers, as it randomly switched itself off without warning. I'm hoping it was a one-off malfunction, as it was running just fine prior to that. It's probably something of nothing, but with this happening so recently after the laptop drama, there's the fear. To be on the safe side, I'm going to make a recovery drive for it; hopefully I won't ever have to use it!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3098 on: December 12, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »
Oh man. I woke up with a massive headache, almost a migraine. It's been holding on for almost 5 hours now. I've tried everything I know to get rid of it but nothing is working. I was lying down for a while with ice, then I tried heat and massage. Then I sat up and meditated for a bit. I just took some more generic Excedrin, my fourth dose in as many hours (don't try this at home).

It's right on the cusp of a migraine. My eyes hurt, my jaw hurts, my temples are throbbing. Ugh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3099 on: December 15, 2020, 05:06:58 AM »
SO we have a quarantine rule in our house at the moment, since March.
Everything that comes in has to be wiped down or put on the old computer desk for 4 days to quarantine before being opened.
Parents are usually really good about this, but today Mum, convinced it was Wednesday, decided to take out all the items for tomorrow and open them.

...Sigh. I mean, I realise that probably it's fine, and she did wash her hands after, but still.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: December 15, 2020, 07:53:50 AM »
We attended a funeral 10 days ago, and I just now found out that a bunch of people that were there came down with the Coronavirus. No one bothered to let us know, and we still wouldn't know if my husband hadn't had to meet up with his dad in Chicago yesterday, and he casually mentioned it. I suppose I should be grateful that my 2-year-olds were being naughty during the service and I had to take them out into the entryway; that at least minimized our exposure, but my husband hugged one of the affected people and we did go to the house afterwards and we were in the same room as one of the infected, so I guess I can count that as having been exposed. Hopefully we're out of the woods if we haven't gotten sick by now, but someone should have called all the people who attended if you ask my opinion.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 15, 2020, 06:19:12 PM »
I am doing all original art and tokens for a dnd thing I’m making. I feel really proud of it. I get my hands on the sourcebook for the campaign with some notable NPC’s I’m planning on featuring just to make sure I can play them right. My token is entirely wrong. The wrong eye and hair colour, and turns out this guy is missing a whole arm.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 16, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »
I'm so furious at work.

The world is on fire around us, I do NOT want to go into work right now to change my password (again) at the whim of IT deciding now is a great time to change me over to a new OS.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 16, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »
My anxiety has been surging up. :( Maybe my nerves are finally shot after surviving a year like this, I don’t know... I just can’t seem to relax. I feel so on edge, and my sleep pattern is taking a hit. I wish I could find a way turn the panic button in my brain off. :/
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 17, 2020, 02:03:43 PM »
I can't concentrate on or enjoy doing anything this evening at all, it's really dragging, I can't relax and it's still too early to justifiably go to bed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal