collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 468485 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2970 on: October 29, 2020, 08:48:56 AM »
Went shopping and left my comfy fabric mask in the car, but had a disposable one in my handbag.

It was awful to wear - the little fibres in the papery fabric fluffed-up into small hairs that tickled my nose constantly, making me want to sneeze and rub my nose. Sorry, couldn't help it.

After making a large purchase I scuttled off back to the car to load our goodies within, and seized my chance to grab my trusty fabric mask, ahhhhhh instant relief!

Then a trip to Nandos; normally I do a take-away order but for once we decided to eat-in. We were shown to our table and then left to scan the QR code on our phone and then place & pay for the order via our phones.

Wi-fi was not great nor was mobile-data strength, so it took 20 flippin' minutes (and a lot of grumps)  to place our order!!!!!  >_< >_< >_< >_<

But then it only took a few minutes for the meal to arrive. I had the bean burger which was actually very good (my husband does not understand this!!).  :cool:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: October 29, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
Stress at work.   :yikes: :freak: :wail: Not looking forward to tomorrow, but then the worst of it should be over.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2972 on: October 29, 2020, 11:01:04 AM »
I had a horrible nightmare and it keeps replaying in my head.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: October 30, 2020, 09:33:57 AM »
The stress I was under at work was evaluations (I just absolutely hate them even if I'm not getting in trouble for anything) and the director wasn't feeling well this morning so she had to cancel them until next week.  Now I have to wait longer.  :wail:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2974 on: October 30, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
From tomorrow, we're in Tier 2 and so is the city where my sister lives.
If that remains the case up to 10th December, she won't be able to come home for Xmas (as she needs to quarantine - or wants to- beforehand).

Govt keep talking about a break in restrictions over Christmas to allow families to come together.

They haven't thought about shielding families where extra precautions are necessary.

Everyone else might get Christmas together, but right now ours looks unlikely. And we are a close family who always spend Christmas together - it will be the first year since my sister was born (in 1987!) if it doesn't happen.

I am dreading it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: October 31, 2020, 04:07:42 AM »
If that remains the case up to 10th December, she won't be able to come home for Xmas (as she needs to quarantine - or wants to- beforehand).

Govt keep talking about a break in restrictions over Christmas to allow families to come together.

They haven't thought about shielding families where extra precautions are necessary.

Everyone else might get Christmas together, but right now ours looks unlikely. And we are a close family who always spend Christmas together - it will be the first year since my sister was born (in 1987!) if it doesn't happen.

I am dreading it.

I hear you! 100 percent.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: October 31, 2020, 07:33:52 AM »

I am dreading it.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2977 on: October 31, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
:hug: Glitterball and PonyBookworm. Thank you.
Ironically the full lockdown being talked about today gives us a better shot, depending on how it works. Some worry, though. Wales is about 45 minutes to the West. Right now it's locked down, but if it opens up on 9th November, there may be some cross border stuff happening. It's not such an issue for our side of the county - we have more links with the West Mids which is why there is a spike here. BUT...it's not like anyone's going to keep people out if they want to come in from Wales. They talk about watching the roads right now to stop crossing in the other direction. Having gone over the border as a kid for holidays year after year I am pretty sure they're not lurking all over the backroads of dogellau and bala looking for escapees.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2978 on: October 31, 2020, 11:39:28 AM »
I took a sleeping pill to help me sleep last night. It did not do that. Instead I am very groggy and tired now when I need to be awake. Well actually, I don't need to be awake. I prefer to be awake now. Thinking of brewing some coffee.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: November 01, 2020, 06:27:28 AM »

I am dreading it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope your family will be able to celebrate Christmas together. 

I'm still sick.  I've been on antibiotics for a few days and although I don't feel as bad as I did on Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday I'm still not well.  Simple tasks that should only take a few minutes seem to take much longer.

The speaker saga continues.  I finally had a chance to try out the new speakers on my go to streaming site and I had to turn the master volume up even higher than before. just so I can hear at a comfortable level and the dialogue doesn't sound like everyone is whispering. :(  I don't think I can return the speakers since I've already tried them out so I will make do with them. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: November 01, 2020, 10:43:15 AM »
I was cleaning the fish tank and replacing filter medium as I do on the first of every month. All of that was done and I was carrying a bucket of water over to fill in the tank (replacing water is important) and my legs went “lol we’re just gonna trip” and so I tripped on my own two legs. I am now wet and I think the fish are laughing at me.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2981 on: November 01, 2020, 06:50:31 PM »
Eczema is so itchy!!!! *cuts off hand*

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 02, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
I got excited today, as I received an e-mail that mentioned the terms 'tin whistle' and 'dispatched'... what it actually meant was the cleaning brush for the tin whistle. That's very useful and all but it's not really all that exciting. :lookround:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 02, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
This day has been a TOTAL stress-ville.

Driving to town this morning, got caught up in nasty gridlock traffic. I was sat at the start of the traffic lights, they cycled red-green at least 8 times before there was space to move on! 

In amongst that the warning light on my car appeared with the message:
ENGINE MALFUNCTION
 :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:

driving manual transmission, I was getting no response when I revved the gas pedal, I had to keep it under hafway clutch-control to keep moving, but at a crawl, poss 5mph. I think car mechanics call this "limp mode".  I had to somehow escape 3 different directions of traffic, a bus trying to overtake me from a bus lane on my left with the gamble of hitting a box-junction and being fined for driving on to a box junction when my exit was not clear (i.e. the gridlock ahead) but I took a chance as the last thing I wanted was to conk-out in this horror show. Yay the traffic ahead moved, clearing the box junction, so I was "legal".

I turned off down a side road, hoping to find somewhere safe to stop and call the car breakdown services. NO SPACE TO PARK, the narrow road was filled up on one side with parked cars and I slowly crawled along until the next junction - ah, there was a space! I stopped the engine, waited, pressed the start button again - the engine purred beautifully. OK...

OMG the relief. :faint:

I decided to abandon travelling to town and turn back home and GUESS WHAT? After a couple of minutes it happened AGAIN  :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:

I was in a bit of a panic and cursing just...try... to... reach... home...

I made it. I almost cried. I had a coffee, called the garage folks and they told me to (try) to drive it over. They are a mile away so I chanced it - it was fine. They ran diagnostics. It seems they need to remove electrical things from my car, send them off to be repaired, may take a week and cost me a few hundred to sort out. Well, I had no choice really, what with lockdown imminent.

Currently charging the battery on my husband's unused car, one that is automatic and that I have never driven before   :sigh: :ack: as this will need to be my chariot for the interim...

Oh, and walking home past the shops, seeing folks panic-buying again...  :shrug:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »
I've been on antibiotics for almost a week and although I feel much better than I did last week I'm still over the bronchitis.  I have coughed so much the last few days that my chest has hurt.

I downloaded a free app with in app purchases yesterday.  I saw that there were some things that you need to pay for in the app but thought the free version would be enough.  The main reason I downloaded the app was that you could make puzzles from pictures on your phone.  I created some puzzles but after only a few the app told me I needed to pay for the full version which is $10.  That's too expensive for an app for me so I deleted it from my phone.  I know apps need to make money but I wish the app had been more clear that the main feature I wanted was only included in the premium version.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal