collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: An-Gel's Ponysona Gallery  (Read 1500 times)

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • I'm reading your mind as we speak.
    • View Profile
Re: An-Gel's Ponysona Gallery
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »

findlay_pvet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:34 PM »

I finally created a pony generating piece-together program that only need slight add ons as I go now.

[/quote]

OMG - if you put that on the web as pony-creator that would be AWESOME!!  I'm not a fan of the ones out there...

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »
I'm not a fan of the ones out there...

That's why I did it myself. I can copy any style freehand, and make it my own, but
It takes a lot of work & time. That's why I started this project. :lol:

Now I can make a ponysona in 15-20 minutes with a little bit of freehand added in.

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »
Just make sure to credit the original artists of the ponies if you're going to make a pony creator with them! If you have permission to that is.

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:11 AM »
That's a good point. I'd like to thank all the artists of MLPFIM for creating this style for whom
I would not be able to make them. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Crew

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:01:34 PM by An-Gel Sakura »

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »
What I mean is, I have a very strong suspicion you didn't draw these by hand, but just did some cut and paste work (along with slight line editing and color changes) of vectors created by other artists. Art theft is a serious issue, and I guess I didn't think I would run into it on the Arena here.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »
What I mean is, I have a very strong suspicion you didn't draw these by hand, but just did some cut and paste work (along with slight line editing and color changes) of vectors created by other artists. Art theft is a serious issue, and I guess I didn't think I would run into it on the Arena here.

All of this.

I can reverse image search most of your personas and come up with the original images in a couple of seconds.  Your avatar is a recolored wet-hair Rarity.  Adding a clipart Santa hat and a painted hoof does NOT make it yours.  Your image of the pink pony with the smiley face is a recolored Applejack without her hat.  Your g4 Twilight is an edited version of the one that Doctor-G posted on Deviant Art, you changed her hair. 

I could go on, but I think this is pretty much obvious.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »

All of this.

I can reverse image search most of your personas and come up with the original images in a couple of seconds.  Your avatar is a recolored wet-hair Rarity.  Adding a clipart Santa hat and a painted hoof does NOT make it yours.  Your image of the pink pony with the smiley face is a recolored Applejack without her hat.  Your g4 Twilight is an edited version of the one that Doctor-G posted on Deviant Art, you changed her hair. 

I could go on, but I think this is pretty much obvious.
Yeek. I think reusing official art from the show/packages/whatever for adoptables is permissible (as long as you admit it); I mean, iirc a reasonable amount of people do that here with older gen art. But taking someone else's DA pic, editing it slightly, and claiming it as your own? So not acceptable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
I fully admit my guilt on some of these base images and I apologize for my transgressions. I'll stop the making them. :(

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:19 PM »
I fully admit my guilt on some of these base images and I apologize for my transgressions. I'll stop the making them. :(

I also suggest that you notify everyone that you have provided one to both here and on the trading post that they have received something made with stolen art and they should stop using it/delete it. Otherwise they might get into trouble with the real artist for your "transgression"
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
That's not going to be too much of a problem it seems. After a year, they seemed to have
stopped using those. However there are a few of the ones I did that are still around. :blink:

What about the ones I did copying someone else's style? Was that wrong?
Does that count as stealing too?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:33:26 PM by An-Gel Sakura »

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »
That's not going to be too much of a problem it seems. After a year, they seemed to have
stopped using those. However there are a few of the ones I did that are still around. :blink:

What about the ones I did copying someone else's style? Was that wrong?
Does that count as stealing too?
Since these are all basically in the style of the show, I don't think "copying" really counts. That said...I do mean this kindly, but it's kind of obvious where you've edited them. The lines are kind of shaky and contrast with the vector. With that in mind, were any of these actually drawn 100% by you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 04:51:06 AM »
You can look up free to use vectors and edit those to your will, just be sure to say that they are only edited by you, but you did not draw the base :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal