collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141559 times)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
Wait, they are making Rainbow Ponies too?!? I thought they were just doing the original six. How exciting!

Yes, they will come to Europe first (april I think) and eventually they will get to the USA too. ^^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2018, 02:51:17 PM »
Sunlight and Starlight look radioactive. :P  The others look great. I'm most excited about Parasol and Skydancer because I had them as a kid.

Love that they come with stickers and the rainbow brush.

Windy shall be mine. I hope Feb...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »
Oh man, they’re rereleasing the Pretty Parlor playset, too!  I think I scared my cats with my squeal of delight.

If they ever rerelease that waterfall playset sometime, I’m telling you, this year will be my favorite year ever...

I'm super excited about the Pretty Parlor too! It was one of my first playsets along with the Show Stable and I'm so buying it!! And both unicorns. And maybe Parasol too. XD

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »
Awesome! I talked my hubby into getting me the six that are currently at Target the other day. We had read that Target was limiting how many you can buy, so he got all six and went through self check out - LOL!

They are re-releasing the parlor?!? OMG, I am going to have to get two. One for my baby girl and one for me!

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
Are there pictures of the parlor yet?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:55 PM »
Okay, I like most of these, but Starshine and especially Sunlight look strange.

Sunlight's symbol looks like the sun is throwing up...;)
I like these more than the original retro remakes from 10 years ago though. And Windy looks pretty, if more purple than mine has *ever* been in her (long-suffering) life with me.

The brush, comb, ribbon, sticker is also nice <3. I still have my Windy's brush and it's nice to know they've nailed that detail. Though you have to wonder how much they browsed online and looked at stuff (maybe the Wiki?) to check those details or how much came from Hasbro's own archives?

That might explain why she looks kinda green.  :blink:

My childhood Windy was always white, so it would be strange for me to get purple Windy.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2018, 03:00:21 PM »
Because the world always needs more Peachys?

I am cool with not having playsets, I have no space for them although it is the classic original playset.
Also if it is released here under the Pretty Parlor tag then I definitely won't buy it because the second hand one I had as a kid says Grooming Parlour Open on the label - here it's the Grooming Parlour. But we may or may not get these with their correct release names in different places - I guess we'll see.

If they all run by US release names then I will have a lot of internal debate about ponies. We haven't got to a point yet with a pony that has an alternate name here - but we also haven't seen any non-English release packaging/names either yet...

My childhood windy is grey/very pale purple. Mum remembers her being pale lavender because that's why she chose her...but she has one that's more purple than my one ever was, and I have one that's whiter than my childhood one ever has been as well, so they clearly had some dye issues in the 1980s. Apparently since then Windy's discovered fake tan.

I kind of like Starshine with that symbol on reflection. I don't know why, I think it's just there are so many Starshine symbol options, this one is just another to add to the collection?

Parasol looks like she's done something naughty. She looks so sheepish.

I like Windy and Moonstone best I think. But I would get Windy probably either way. Because Windy <3. There may even need to be two Windys, so I can have one in box and one loose to be maidservant to my Windy.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2018, 03:13:29 PM »
Because the world always needs more Peachys?

I am cool with not having playsets, I have no space for them although it is the classic original playset.
Also if it is released here under the Pretty Parlor tag then I definitely won't buy it because the second hand one I had as a kid says Grooming Parlour Open on the label - here it's the Grooming Parlour. But we may or may not get these with their correct release names in different places - I guess we'll see.

If they all run by US release names then I will have a lot of internal debate about ponies. We haven't got to a point yet with a pony that has an alternate name here - but we also haven't seen any non-English release packaging/names either yet...

My childhood windy is grey/very pale purple. Mum remembers her being pale lavender because that's why she chose her...but she has one that's more purple than my one ever was, and I have one that's whiter than my childhood one ever has been as well, so they clearly had some dye issues in the 1980s. Apparently since then Windy's discovered fake tan.

I kind of like Starshine with that symbol on reflection. I don't know why, I think it's just there are so many Starshine symbol options, this one is just another to add to the collection?

Parasol looks like she's done something naughty. She looks so sheepish.

I like Windy and Moonstone best I think. But I would get Windy probably either way. Because Windy <3. There may even need to be two Windys, so I can have one in box and one loose to be maidservant to my Windy.

I have a similar concern with the Pretty Parlor set. Here is "Establo de Belleza" and I always had it in Spanish, so if they come out in english here (most probable, I don't think they will make local variations) it's going to be VERY weird to see the stickers and box and name tags in other language. But I'll get it either way. :p

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2018, 03:43:46 PM »
This is great! Hopefully they rerelease more playsets, so I don't have to pay astronomical shipping and hunt down every little accessory on the vintage ones.

Ooh, what if they rereleased the Dream Castle? Or the Show Stable? Or the Nusery? But especially the Dream Castle! Isn't there a rumor of 3 other re rereleases this year? The fact that they're releasing these so rapid-fire and not spacing them out hints to me that they have a lot more planned. How exciting!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »
Are we sure the Rainbows are coming to the US eventually? Cause theres a website that says Europe only (really sad panda here)
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 17, 2018, 03:48:02 PM »
Are we sure the Rainbows are coming to the US eventually? Cause theres a website that says Europe only (really sad panda here)

We're not sure of anything really about whether these will be sold in the other places. There's been some encouraging word that makes it likely both will be sold in both places eventually. But that isn't right now, so that's not what's on the site. And if it comes to it, this is a community. People will help people, no doubt about that. I am hoping it won't happen that anything is not released in any country - that everyone gets everything they release no matter where they are. But we have a trading network that's been here 2 decades and which can bypass things like scalpers on ebay. Yeah, it means shipping and hassle, but I am pretty sure if it comes to it people who want ponies they can't get will have a way of getting them.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 17, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
This is true.  I am just kinda disgusted at the company producing them...they are charging $22 USD for Sweden to buy ONE pony.  Thats...ridiculous :(
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 17, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
Oh man, they’re rereleasing the Pretty Parlor playset, too!  I think I scared my cats with my squeal of delight.

If they ever rerelease that waterfall playset sometime, I’m telling you, this year will be my favorite year ever...

Is it coming with Peachy? DD likes Peachy a lot. She also likes playsets. Though I know she'd much rather have Lullaby Nursery.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:55:56 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 17, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
This is true.  I am just kinda disgusted at the company producing them...they are charging $22 USD for Sweden to buy ONE pony.  Thats...ridiculous :(

Sounds more like the normal rationale for selling anything in Europe rather than the US. Everything in Europe ends up more expensive because of cost of living, and then bumped up again because why not?

Conversion to  £ suggests around £16. I had already figured we'd probably get jacked up to £15 albeit I guess the rainbow ponies have brush, comb, ribbon and sticker (lol). I can probably live with that. It's just what happens when stuff gets sold here. It's not a one off example. We always pay more for the same stuff, even if it's Mattel or some other company. It's just how things are.

Mind you, if the rainbows retail in the US for $15 then cost of living-wise that is basically the equivalent to £15 or probably the SEK price. And we don't have a European retail price for the original 6 yet, if they come here - but you'd expect them to be £10 because the US they retail at $10. That's normally how it works. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are more expensive overall.

Are these already out in Sweden then? O.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 17, 2018, 04:07:50 PM »
Wait, they are making Rainbow Ponies too?!? I thought they were just doing the original six. How exciting!

Yes, they will come to Europe first (april I think) and eventually they will get to the USA too. ^^

Any word yet on whether any of the 35th Anniversary ponies will ever make it to Australia? :(

I've emailed many stores and they all say 'no, but they'll pass the tip on to their buying team'.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal