collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much money have you spent??  (Read 2424 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: How much money have you spent??
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
Honestly, I have no idea. I have bought and sold and traded. I can tell you I haven't spent more than US$40 on any one doll, including some of the rarer ones like Gil and Scarah.

Offline kurojaki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 02:57:03 AM »
Let's see...about $2000 by now.. :shocked:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 03:46:52 AM »
I spent around £400 on my collection, thankfully all but a few are making that back for me now as I re-sell them. I just completely lost interest in them, and it was a spur of the moment love. Shame really, I sort of wasted the money, but in fairness, they did give me a lot of happiness and enthused me for awhile, so I can't say I entirely wasted the money. I am keeping six, but I am trying to cut through them, in the ones I am keeping there are : Lagoona (Mad Science original release), Gil, Clawd (signature), Toralei (signature). I am going to sell my Deuce (Signature) after much debate. I'd rather have the money/ponies! XD

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 04:05:37 AM »
I spent around £400 on my collection, thankfully all but a few are making that back for me now as I re-sell them. I just completely lost interest in them, and it was a spur of the moment love. Shame really, I sort of wasted the money, but in fairness, they did give me a lot of happiness and enthused me for awhile, so I can't say I entirely wasted the money. I am keeping six, but I am trying to cut through them, in the ones I am keeping there are : Lagoona (Mad Science original release), Gil, Clawd (signature), Toralei (signature). I am going to sell my Deuce (Signature) after much debate. I'd rather have the money/ponies! XD

The good thing is that you can sell them and some of them is probebly hard to find too! So i hope you get the some money back.
I love the dolls right know but you never now in the future.
i have bought and sold ponies but there is some of my ponies i never will sell.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 04:16:01 AM »

The good thing is that you can sell them and some of them is probebly hard to find too! So i hope you get the some money back.

Exactly, you're very true! Yes, some of my dolls are VHTF now, like W1 Clawdeen and W1 Holt, so hopefully they'll make me some money as I'm very short on it! XD
I agree, I have done the same with some ponies, but there are just some special ones I can't bring myself to part with, such as recently, my Mimic (who I was offered a good deal of money for), but I just couldn't do it, I loved her too much!

Offline lemonice

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 09:27:31 AM »

Exactly, you're very true! Yes, some of my dolls are VHTF now, like W1 Clawdeen and W1 Holt, so hopefully they'll make me some money as I'm very short on it! XD
I agree, I have done the same with some ponies, but there are just some special ones I can't bring myself to part with, such as recently, my Mimic (who I was offered a good deal of money for), but I just couldn't do it, I loved her too much!

Yeah my favorite MLP is baby snoozy because he is my childhood pony. He is priceless for me. I will never sell him.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 10:22:38 AM »
TOO MUCH

I refuse to count
XD

Gunny

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
I've been fortunate that from my small collection of 23 dolls, all but 1 I bought off the shelf (I don't have any W1 stuff except for Toralei that I lucked out and stumbled upon when I picked up my first MH - classroom Lagoona. I didn't even know she was rare, I just saw she was a cat and I'm a huge cat lover soooo...).  Well, technically two. Catrine was picked up from a lovely friend's local walmart that was over stocked and I paid retail & shipping. I think the most expensive doll thus far is my SDCC Ghoulia that I just bought for my birthday. She will be getting a shelf ALL TO HERSELF.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 12:49:45 PM »
I have spent too much. On the other hand the dolls are expensive here and I have to order many online, because we don't stock many of the 2 and 3 packs. We also don't get any of the exclusives. I don't like to count that will just depress me and I would think what would have been smarter to do with the money.

On the other hand, i love my MH dolls, they cheer me up and I feel gleeful when I handle them, so I guess it is money well spent.

Offline lemonice

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
I have spent too much. On the other hand the dolls are expensive here and I have to order many online, because we don't stock many of the 2 and 3 packs. We also don't get any of the exclusives. I don't like to count that will just depress me and I would think what would have been smarter to do with the money.

On the other hand, i love my MH dolls, they cheer me up and I feel gleeful when I handle them, so I guess it is money well spent.

The same here, very expencive here in sweden too. but i really like them! and i love do stuff for them, like wigs and stuff.
so i guess it Worth it =)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:39 PM »
i also think that even unboxed they have a resale value, if I ever regret this hobby and want to resell. i don't think so however. I have finally embraced my inner collector and I am loving it! :lol:

elonni

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 01:20:11 PM »
Same here. I try not to worry about it too much. If I start counting, I will just get stressed out. I know I have spent a lot of money. I also get many dolls online due to the lack of availability here and I really love some OOAK dolls.

Besides collecting, I also got into customizing and it's been great fun so far. I haven't had a hobby like this in ages and at a time when you are quite often busy with two small kids at home, it feels really nice to do something that's yours only. So I also say it's worth it.

Offline lemonice

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »
I'm not a moc/mib collector so i have all my dolls out of boxes. And i think the dolls have value without box too.

I buy dolls from toy stores online! its fun =) hehe

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »
I don't think I'll ever have the guts to total it up. Some things are better left unknown.  :blink:

^^ THIS!

Haha, yes, this. I don't want to know! But thanks to current circumstances my dolls are really the only thing I've been spending "fun" money on, so it's all right with me and my budget.

I have figured out though that in the 2 years (almost exactly) I've been collecting MH, I'm averaging about a doll a week, including gifts. Which is an okay pace, I think  :lookround:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

nsunshine

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 02:53:10 PM »
dang with just store prices, must be in a couple of thousands...I've traded for a few loose naked ones, could not give a complete answere without crying or questioning my reasoning a little! But I am a collector at heart, and if I did not collect them now, I would start eventually and then kick myself in the rear for not buying them when they were on store shelves!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal