collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MIB or loose??  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MIB or loose??
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 07:19:12 AM »
This may be off topic.. But bear with me. I'm still relatively new to MH (last December!).. But.. Who is Ula? I haven't seen any character listed by that name, nor seen the term thrown around before. Is it your own character? Or a nickname?

It's Draculaura. :) She calls herself that in her diaries. I refuse to call her Lala, because that makes significantly less sense than Ula, while it's a great nickname for Lagoona (I /am/ the only the only person who agrees with that last part, it seems). Lala = Draculaura just caught on first here, partly because of the novels.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »
This may be off topic.. But bear with me. I'm still relatively new to MH (last December!).. But.. Who is Ula? I haven't seen any character listed by that name, nor seen the term thrown around before. Is it your own character? Or a nickname?

It's Draculaura. :) She calls herself that in her diaries. I refuse to call her Lala, because that makes significantly less sense than Ula, while it's a great nickname for Lagoona (I /am/ the only the only person who agrees with that last part, it seems). Lala = Draculaura just caught on first here, partly because of the novels.

Ah! I see! I have to agree that "Lala" is somewhat nonsensical and silly to me too :) However, I haven't seen "Ula" used in the diaries.. I have her Signature Diary, though I keep thinking it's Frankie's Diary. Lol. The first page talks about her relationship with Jackson and Holt, but in the webisodes, that is Frankie's thing. Anyway. Thank you for cluing me in!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:58 AM »
I'm keeping all mine MIB (Since I mostly collect Signature/debut dolls) Of the ones I DO Have opened: Signature Rochelle, Venus, and Robecca, I bought a double of. >,>; Meep I don't want to go down the path of becoming a collector who has to have 2 sets, not that there's anything wrong with, it'll just be a pain to track down and more of a pain for my wallet. >_<

I wouldn't mind opening them one day, but for now I see it as a game, I'm playing: "See How Long It Takes Before Melody Cracks and Opens All Her Monster High Dolls."

If your collection were to burn to ash in a fire tomorrow, would you regret not playing with them today?

That's the type of question I ask myself often to make many choices in life :)
I would imagine all them just melting and lumping into one giant super monster doll. :P

But dangit thinking about it, that question is making me question if I should keep them MIB anymore or not...:huh:
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »
LuvlyMelody: I know eight! Although, I caved and decided that I would open mine.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
MIB or loose??
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »
Muahaha! My work here is done!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »
It wouldn't matter to me especially since most of the MIB dolls I have, I have doubles for.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »
I open them and play with them hehe. even tho my hubby and dad keep telling me that they will be worth more MIB lol... all my new MLP are MIB but i just cant resist opening my ghouls!

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
My fiance is surprised that I want to open my ghouls. He is even teasing me, when I decided to have a grand opening (yeah, I went there! :D) with a friend of mine who also collects.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »
"The Grand Opening, a day to commemorate the day I finally opened all my MIB Ghouls." I like the sound of that, has a ring to it. *Goes to her Collection and eyes her MIB Ghouls*...BUT NOT TODAY!!! *Shuts closet door* XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Cynosure

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
I cannot keep anything MIB. I have to take it out and play with it and mess with its hair and put on different clothing.

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
To me, I have seen Lala used for the human version Laura itself, so I believe that is why Draculaura is also called that. It's the opposite. Ula D seems rather silly. It makes sense as Draculaura, but it's kinda like J-Lo also.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
Loose all the way! I'm like that with all my collections. The only exception for me is if I got it specifically for resale and can get more for it boxed.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

animal_lover

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »
Well jeapos, you know how I am with my LPS! I have to have everything MIB! I'm no different with my ghouls, but I do want to get doubles of a couple of my favorites so I can de-box one and change the clothes! My mom and sister think I'm crazy! Idc though, they make me happy!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »
long ago i decided the only collections i had the space for, to keep MIB are my Alice dolls....and the rare MLP and MH dolls.

the pullips, LPS, ponies, and MH are all loose....they take up less room and are more fun that way :D

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
The reason I am opening mine is a draw between lack of space and a desire to mess with my dolls.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal