collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deuce Gorgon question  (Read 676 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Deuce Gorgon question
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:43:29 PM »
I found a Deuce Gorgon today (he's up for sales/trades) but my real questin is, why are the boy MH dolls so hard to come by? Other than him I've never seen another. How many are there and what are their names? Do they come out at the same time as the others, or are they special editions that come out only a couple of times a month? Are the issues of MH regional, or is it just kind of scattered as to who gets what and where?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Deuce Gorgon question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
There is Sig Holt, Sig Deuce, DotD Deuce, Scaris Deuce, Sig Clawd, S1600 Clawd, SS Gil, Sig Jackson, GB Jackson (Heath Burns will be released soon!) There arent many and they are released few and far between. There is 1 boy doll released for every like 4-8 girl dolls... All of the above have been released at certain times and most (excluding Scaris Deuce since he just came out) are no longer available in stores...

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:21:42 PM »
Somebody explained this to me on the MH Discussion thread, maybe the current one (?). It's because the boys were shelf warmers in the beginning. They used to be more evenly distributed in boxes with the girls but they did not sell well, so they ended up filling the shelves and stores would not order more dolls before the old stock was sold. The boys weren't popular, so they decreased their number in boxes. Then some of them are pulled out early, like SS Gil and Sweet 1600 Clawd. By this I mean that they might be available for a very short or limited time and then removed from sales.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 06:40:44 AM »
Somebody explained this to me on the MH Discussion thread, maybe the current one (?). It's because the boys were shelf warmers in the beginning. They used to be more evenly distributed in boxes with the girls but they did not sell well, so they ended up filling the shelves and stores would not order more dolls before the old stock was sold. The boys weren't popular, so they decreased their number in boxes. Then some of them are pulled out early, like SS Gil and Sweet 1600 Clawd. By this I mean that they might be available for a very short or limited time and then removed from sales.

Scaris deuce is experiencing the same thing as clawd and Gil... They are suposedly doing a case revision in March... But some members think it has already happened as we are seeing less and less of him...

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 06:43:29 AM »
I thought it was weird that he was the only one on a shelf of,like, 50 dolls! Lol! Now I know! He's kinda cool, but I can see where he may not have appealed to people at first, if this is how they presented the boys initially. He doesn't have. A lot of accessories compared to the girls, that's for sure! Thanks for explaining it to me!

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:00:47 AM »
I've only ever found Deuce once in store, and I grabbed him despite slightly crooked eyes because I was afraid they'd do the Gill "Oops no more boys" thing. I kick myself now for not getting a second Gil, back when I saw him all over. Which, in all fairness was about a week, and then suddenly there were no MH dolls in any store ever for the next three months. Fun times.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
... um ... i KNOW it's happened already ... i have now encountered OVER 100 cases, as in UNOPENED cases of basic scaris and HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE FREAKIN DEUCE EVER! ...

... yes ... some stores are still getting a case or two of the basic dolls with deuce in them ... but i'm thinking it's what's being pulled out of stores warehouses ... not what's being sent by mattel anymore ... so yes ... the cases without Deuce are showing up alredy (and have been showing up) since early january ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 03:58:19 PM »
Ken syndrome. Seriously. Mattel, waaaay back in the day, didn't even want to make a guy doll for Barbie, as traditionally, male dolls just don't sell as well. Ken sold OK, but never made anywhere near Barbie's numbers. I don't even think he sold as well as Midge. Os Skipper. I really should look up what I can find, before I toss that out, but think back if you had Barbie as a kid - was there one guy to a harem of girls ? I had one Ken and seven Barbies. That's considered typical, especially for women my age.

Since there's never really been a male doll who sold well enough to change that tried-and-true sales theory, it remains. Mattel makes far fewer male dolls, and stores order few when they buy 'em. And, yes, at first, Gloom Beach Jackson was a long-term shelf sitter. I'm not sure why Mattel continues to remove the guys from the shipments mid-stream, and clearly someone monitors eBay - the MH crew has admitted to checking fansites, groups, Facebook, web pages, etc. on a regular basis - as any business would. I'd much rather pay Mattel $50. for a new 'Prince Gil' than pay Scalper #765398 $300. for the sole released one, any day. The only thing I can conclude is that, since Mal-Wart only wants 2000 Gils for every 25,000 Lagoonas, that's all they make.

But I loves me some guys, and if I have to make a Slow Moe out of a slightly modified CAM guy Gargoyle, I will. (actually, I already have, it's just not good) I've been lucky enough to snag all the guys but one, and I wish Mattel would prod TRU and Mal-Wart to order more dudes. I really feel for everyone who wants a Gil but can't pony ridiculous money for a $15. doll that was barely out a year ago. If I could, I'd order a gross of 'em and go to town !

Anyway, that's my take on it. Be glad to give you the two pennies that go along with it !  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:02:33 PM by Dorriebelle »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal