collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which dolls do you keep stock?  (Read 2303 times)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Which dolls do you keep stock?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
All of them. I'm just not into dressing them. I feel like the outfits they have are fine.

Offline SparklerGirl

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
All of mine are in stock, and I keep the first edition of every character that I buy MIB as well.  :)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
I'll occasionally re-dress my dolls (particularly when I first get a new fashion pack), but they always end up back in their stock. I just like how they look in their original stock. My goal is to eventually have one extra of each to re-dress, but Mattel keeps popping them out so fast, it's hard to stay on top of it all!

I do play around with the different CaM packs; sometimes they end up with bits and pieces of the fashion packs as well. I'd love to see CaM packs (with jewelry and shoes please!) start making an appearance.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
All my dolls get a hair wash, and styled back to stock.  They all stay in stock clothes, except for doubles I received in exclusive packs, or as gifts, or cheap nudes I had to have a second of because I wanted to restyle their hair (DT Lala, Sig. Operetta, and at some point hopefully a Howleen.)  I'm afraid if I don't keep my dolls nearly mint, I'll regret it, and end up wanting to buy another, to keep mint.  Can you imagine wanting to buy all the first releases at this point? (No offense to those of you just starting out :blush:)

The few I HAD to take out of stock is Sig. Spectra (who sports her fashion pack) 1600 Frankie because her dress didn't hang on her body correctly IMO.  I wonder if I just got a bad dress?  She's wearing her fashion pack with the blue tee shirt/suspender skirt.  She so cute<3  Her silver hair matches the outfit perfectly, and I find the 1600 shoes are a better match than the ones that come with the fashion pack.

My ultimate goal is to have all the fashion packs on display.  I want to do this using multiples from exclusive packs, instead of buying extra slim line boxes.  I spend WAY TOO MUCH as it is without buying a doll with every fashion pack.  So I have a few fashions floating around without bodies.  I think I'll put those on CAMs I have doubles of. 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
Out of 26 dolls I only redress six:
Sig. Cleo wears Toralie's shirt, pants and shoes with her own accessories
Sig Frankie is wearing Day at the Maul fashion
SS Ghoulia is wearing Comic book club fashion
GB Jackson is wearing Deuce's casketball fashion
2 pack Lala is wearing her Day at the maul fashion
GB Lala is... naked a lot (she's my dressmakers dummy when I sew clothes, lol)

I haven't changed their fashions after redressing them so not sure it counts :P

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:54 PM »
I keep all my dolls fairly close to stock. When there are new fashions released I change out bits of clothes, shoes, accessories etc. I'm kind of evolving each doll into her uber-fashion XD Same with my CaMs, they each have their own "stock" that I gradually refine ^.^

The most changed is probably Cleo 2.0--I put her in the fashion pack gold wrappings as soon as I got her because I didn't like her shirt/leggings. Lots of them like Operetta, Abbey, Toralei, Spectra etc have just a few accessory/shoe changes, and some like Rochelle and Howleen are still 100% stock. Basically all my dolls are still stock "enough" that you can tell which version each one is. ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

BornAUnicorn

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 04:35:37 AM »
I have 22 dolls and only one in her stock, Nefera. I buy a lot of loose outfits and custom clothes too so I have tons of clothes to change around, that is just my way of enjoying them and having fun :) Keeping them in stock would not do much for me.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »
I have 22 dolls and only one in her stock, Nefera. I buy a lot of loose outfits and custom clothes too so I have tons of clothes to change around, that is just my way of enjoying them and having fun :) Keeping them in stock would not do much for me.
This!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »
I bought a second sig Abbey b/c the one in ANTM has been played with too much :P  That replacement Abbey will stay in her stock, but every other doll is fair game!  I like to challenge the stock, see if I can come up with something cuter :)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »
I've never kept a MH doll stock. I actually kinda feel bad when I don't change their outfit when I get them out of their box. And since I photograph, it's hard to have them in the same outfit all the time. But I do put Ghoulia back in her stock when we're through - she looks great in it!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
I haven't changed Rochelle's clothes. They just fit so well on her :)
Same for my roller maze girls / Meowlody & Purrrsephone.

Everyone else is going crazy on different outfits.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
All of them! When I buy a doll it's mostly becauze of the whole look, so they stay in stock and in character! The only one I have changed a bit has been dotd Lagoona and that was only flattening her hawk.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
I usually keep all of my dolls in their stock clothes on the whole but will occasionally redress them in other outfits that I've purchased separately. I almost have a compulsion to keep them in the clothes they were packaged with though, so I'm always changing them back, lol. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
All my dolls are NRFB. I like the original way they come the best!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 09:42:37 AM »
I think Rochelle is the only one not in stock right now. I have a Fearleading Ghoulia that I bought nude, so she is wearing the Physical Deadication's second outfit. And a signature Ghoulia I purchased just for the Comic Book Fashion Pack. Sea Monster is in Lagoona's FP Swim Suit, but other than that... I think everyone is stock.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal