collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!  (Read 5114 times)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The unofficial Monster High Confessions Thread!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
when nobody is home i mAKE THEM KISS... I'M A FREAK

Are you telling me...I'm not alone?? .-.

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »
Hoo boy, where do I begin...

- I get somewhat anxious/depressed when I have to go a week without buying a doll (though I'm going to have to get used to that, as my mom's summer job is over and my dad gets paid every two weeks...)

- I prefer their diary portrayals over their advisors versions (especially Draculaura and Spectra).

- I can't stand Holt. Like, at all. It doesn't help that I like Jackson, who is eternally snubbed in favor of Holt.

- Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love made me like Draculaura quite a bit less.

- I feel like I'm one of the few people who ship non-canon pairings :s For example, I like Draculaura x Jackson just as much as Draculaura x Clawd .

- I really really wish they'd make another Toralei soon ;n;

- I rejoiced when it was time for kids to go back to school, since that meant they wouldn't be in the stores to take the dolls /horrible person.

- Besides getting a job, the main reason I want to learn how to drive is so I can go to the stores on my own time to buy more dolls.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »
frankie was my first, and she is slowly pushing ghoulia out as my fav

i fall in love with all the girls who have the shocking green (hair, makeup, etc)

I love ghoulia cause she is a geeky zombie, but her bangs/glasses look turns me off because she reminds me of someone I used to know...and it can be a little painful (tho i have intentions to rehair the front with no bangs)

I try to keep my girls stock, but thanks to ANTM, that is getting harder >.>

I don't have to have all the dolls, just the ones I really like....but I do, however, have to have all the shoes. HAVE TO.

I have paid over $10 for a single pair of shoes *facepalm*

I still get upset that I lost out on SDCC Ghoulia. (but am far too cheap to pay her current prices)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
Hi everyone. My name is Jonathan. I started collecting Monster High dolls back in April, when I bought my first two on amazon. They were the b&w Skull Shores Frankie (who was only $4.13 at the time) and Nefera. Now, almost five months later, I have over twenty of them. I have also bought not quite as many again just for their outfits and then sold them nude. I've got a drawer full of little bags of clothes and accessories and way too many brushes. LOL. Although I haven't spent as much as it *looks* like I've spent, I've still spent far more than I should have, especially since I wasn't working and my wife was on maternity leave. In fact, I told her I wouldn't buy anything else during July and August, but I did ...  :blush:

I am completely and utterly addicted to these dolls, and I absolutely love photographing them. Although I sometimes struggle to come up with ideas for some of the specific dolls, I never seem to lack for ideas overal. After years of struggling to be an artist of one kind or another, I am so thankful to have finally found not only a medium (photography) but also a subject (MH dolls) that both suits my temperament and provides me with seemingly endless inspiration.

That being said, most of my photo ideas involve some prop or another that I don't have ... so I'm also looking for more props and quite frequently buying props, some of which aren't all that cheap (that Baby Doll samurai sword I got cost me $20!). I should probably try and force myself to make do with what I have instead of always trying to justify my latest purchase as being necessary for this one photo idea I have ...

OK, that's my confession.

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:03 PM »
-I picked up Gil & put him back thinking he was ugly( I really don't care for any of the boys) and everytime I see him on eBay I want to punch myself in the head.
-Before I started collecting I picked up the DOTD 3 pack three times but kept putting it backing thinking the dolls looke too cheaply made.
-I feel bad buying dolls for myself knowing how hard they are to find for my niece & want to give them all away sometimes.
-I absolutley hate how Cleo & Clawdeen have wonky ugly outfits and are disliked by so many.  I hate how the brown girls always have the dumb clothes & less friendly personalities.  They are so pretty yet set to be less liked.  I am native American & hated dolls as a kid because it was always about blonde Barbie, the dark haired girls were always less important.  I love Cleo's b wordy personality but I'm an adult &a weirdo at that :P maybe I am too sensitive.  That is a confession lol.
-I feel stupid sometimes, for collecting toys, being 26.  I feel like a moron Trying to be environmental but stocking up on hunks of plastic packages in more plastic!!
-I buy them when I need the money for more important things.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:14:35 PM by creedence »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
Ohh confession time

* I love the excitement of having dolls in th mail most of all

* I would like to be in the Mattel design team only to have my ocs made into dolls before Mattel makes a stupid version of my monsters...

* I feel like a NEED to buy a doll every week... I haven't bought one for 3 weeks now (not counting the nude bait I got) , and I need to buy something soon!

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
OK, quite a few to get through!  :lol:

*All my dolls have individual personalities and styles. My least photographed doll is Meowlody, I know I should photograph her more, but she just isn't my favourite.

*I have 19 dolls and I am 'equally attentive' to each and every one. Once a day, every day I go and stand for about 10 minutes in front of my display cabinet and look at each one and make sure after photos, they are all back on stands, back in the cabinet. :)

*I have plans to buy about 5 more dolls over the space of the next year.

*The most I have ever paid for a doll is £60, that was for Gillington 'Gil' Webber.

* I started collecting in March of this year.

* I'd never cut a dolls hair, that's sort of a sin for me, it looks lovely when other people cut and style their dolls, I just couldn't do it to my own dolls since I paid a lot for each of them.

* My 'best price' ebay buys were Spectra for £18.33 with postage and Toralei for £15.50 with postage.

* My least favourite dolls are Frankie and Hoodude- I really can't stand those stitches! :(

* I love Clawdeen, I think each version have different personalities, I have 4 Clawdeens, all renamed and I love them!

* My favourite pets are Rhuen the ferret, Crescent the cat and Toralei's little tiger (forgotten his name!)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:55:49 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 04:28:54 AM »
I went to Argos last night on the off chance they would have Venus and Robecca.

Pink: *gives order slip to shop assistant* Hi can I check you have these in stock? Specifically the two I've written on the back.
Shop Assistant: Hello, of course let me have a look....*taps keyboard* Oh yes, Monster High Doll Assortment. These are sooooo popular at the moment, we've had tons of people coming in looking for specific ones.
Pink: :(
Shop Assistant: Let me go have a look for you. *walks into storeage area*
Pink: *fidget...fidget...fidget*
Shop Assistant: *comes out holding two boxes*
Pink: (loudly) SQUEEEE! OMG you're a star thankyousomuch *grins like Cheshire cat*
Shop Assistant: *laughing* They were the first two I found
Other Shop Assistants: *looks at Pinkamena and laugh*
Customers 1 & 2: *Look at Pinkamena, look at each other, look at catalogue and try to ignore Pinkamena*
Pink: *still grinning like a lunatic, pays for item, thanks shop assistant again and skips out of shop*

Now, bearing in mind I am 32 years old, I'm not a skinny girl, I walk with a stick, seeing me acting like a 4 year old on Xmas morning must of actually been quite amusing for everyone else :blush:

I ate way into my overdraft to do this because who knows when I will see them again.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:21 AM »
I "helped" my daughter pack up her Barbies and my old My Scene dolls from her doll house and we've started making it more monster ish for her MH dolls....and they come to my office/room to visit the Coffin Bean. 

I've managed to convince my seven year old that the clothing for our respective collections should be stashed in my office for safekeeping.....  So nothing gets lost......but really it's so I can play at any hour of the day or night (and so that nothing gets lost, lol)

And um, I'm 37, and I love that I get to play with dolls with her.....but I like my alone play time just as much *blush*

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 05:50:54 AM »
I passed up a Scary Tales Clawdeen that I really wanted yesterday. I'm not holding out much hope that she'll still be there tomorrow when I have money.

I don't care for the CAM sets or the boys.

I didn't know they were based on a tv show until the other day.

I swore I wouldn't collect them even though I looked at them every time I went to the toy section. Their monsteryness (probably not a real word) finally won out.

Morra

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »
It all started when I saw a Bratz doll with black and white striped hair in a thrift shop. I couldn't buy her, I didn't have any money, but then someone gave me a tip on Frankie Stein, a doll with similar hair. She was my first, but I don't like her very much in the series. My biggest love is Nefera de Nile; I love her Ancient Egyptian beauty and I think she looks much more like a princess than Cleo. I recently got her and I am crazy about her!

I also like Cupid, since my favorite holiday is Valentine's Day. I have never gotten any cards or love messages on that day, but it's still a beautiful holiday where you share your love.

Since I'm obsessing with robots and such (Mae Tallick, anyone?) my biggest concern right now is to get Robecca Steam. Also, I've been collecting all Lagoonas since the start, and now I only need Dot Dead Gorgeous and Skultimate Roller Maze to have them all! I also really want Gil (Lagoona needs her boyfriend, alright?!) but he's over $100 on eBay and I just don't got the money.

But nowadays, I'm actually more into the Novi Stars. If you want to see some pictures of my Mae, Lagoona and Cupid, check out my dA: http://Pynkifier.deviantART.com :)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »

:blush: me too. I love posing Draculaura and Clay (gargoyle CAM) in romantic poses. They're just so cute together! I want to find soulmates for all my dolls. My current goal is to get a Gil for my Lagoona and I keep promising her that I will get him for her. Draculaura has Clay. Abbey has Spectra (I have no idea why but it works for some reason). I just got ST Clawdeen and I'm trying to figure out who her love will be. I wish there were more guy dolls. I really want a Heath Burns. His artwork in the Little Dead Riding Wolf book made me sad that he doesn't exist as a doll yet.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

:blush: me too. I love posing Draculaura and Clay (gargoyle CAM) in romantic poses. They're just so cute together! I want to find soulmates for all my dolls. My current goal is to get a Gil for my Lagoona and I keep promising her that I will get him for her. Draculaura has Clay. Abbey has Spectra (I have no idea why but it works for some reason). I just got ST Clawdeen and I'm trying to figure out who her love will be. I wish there were more guy dolls. I really want a Heath Burns. His artwork in the Little Dead Riding Wolf book made me sad that he doesn't exist as a doll yet.

I always do this, and I so want Heath Burns! My Gil and Lagoona are so perfect together, they're holding each other when they're in the stands, same with Toralei and Clawd, Jackson and Rochelle, Venus and her man :)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »

I always do this, and I so want Heath Burns! My Gil and Lagoona are so perfect together, they're holding each other when they're in the stands, same with Toralei and Clawd, Jackson and Rochelle, Venus and her man :)

I totally ship HeathxAbbey! I'd be so excited to get him. Still wishing the Scarily Ever After set included the fancifully dressed boy dolls from the artwork. I do like a little romance between my dolls too, both of my Deuces are posed holding a Cleo. :)

I tend to like canon pairings, but one I just can't get behind is Draculaura and Clawd. :< Clawd is a cool guy and all, and I like the "forbitten love" thing in theory, but he's just..such...a terrible..dresser. :x It just doesn't suit my little pink princess! Also, a fearleader dating the captain of the main school sports team is a little too stereotypical for me. Gah I'm shallow. -_- And she likes him so much! Every time I see them together I'm all "why can't I support this? I'm a terrible doll mommy!"

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
I tend to like canon pairings, but one I just can't get behind is Draculaura and Clawd. :< Clawd is a cool guy and all, and I like the "forbitten love" thing in theory, but he's just..such...a terrible..dresser. :x It just doesn't suit my little pink princess! Also, a fearleader dating the captain of the main school sports team is a little too stereotypical for me. Gah I'm shallow. -_- And she likes him so much! Every time I see them together I'm all "why can't I support this? I'm a terrible doll mommy!"

I immediately got behind it, because as a short girl who loves tall guys, I was all, "OMG SO CUTE SHORT VAMPIRE WITH SUPER-TALL WEREWOLF BOY!" ShortxTall ships make me squee.

Uh, a confession. Okay.

1. I'm currently trying to find work. I'm supposed to be finding work to help with bills and saving up for a house, but I had a great interview today and all I could think was, "I am going to buy so many dolls!"  :blush:

2. I love conning my husband into doing photo shoots with the girls. I think it's adorable that he's not ashamed to photograph my dolls.

3.  I am fond of both Jackson Jekyll and Holt Hyde. Most people only like one or the other, or neither. I find them both charming in their own way and I'm desperate to get my hands on their dolls.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal